rF2 S397 GT3 W/New Setup&BoP @ Adelaide - Fri 03 Mar 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
This race was hard but fun. Nice to be back after 2 weeks of from covid.
I had a big laugh when i spun on the Start taking the exit to the start/finish straight a bit to optimistic... :roflmao:
I needed some laps to finde back in the race from last place.

Had than a nice fight with @JoeLawrence i guess. Touched him on the exit of the last corner in the back and made him spin. Sorry for that, i was to close on braking...
I waited for him and than we continued until he made an error.

All in all a tough race but i really enjoyed it.
It took me some laps to get a feel for the revised Gt3 cars. But i think S397 did a good Job. Definitley an improvement with the New tyres and reworked physics.

I hope we get such a large field more often, really great to see.

Last edited:
thats was so much fun.. ive never done this track before, and didn't do any practice as my game was crashing all week...

i knew i was in for a hard time after about 4 laps on the soft tyres, so picked a pace i thought would get.me to the end, unfortunately for steve and yves it was slow, but they were super patient behind and didnt punt me out of the way think i finished on 4% on the front tyres and my laptimes stayed within a second the whole race!

super fun race all! excellent driving all around. thanks Ole for organizing!

also my first time racing on that track so i was a bit nervous, especially when i learned that the damage was on for the cars. once i realized that i wouldnt be able to slam into walls all over the place like i had done in practice offline, I switched my strategy to just go a bit slower and concentrate on a steady, consistent race.

other than a couple of run offs here and there, i was happy to make it through the race relatively incident free and across the finish line in one piece.

congrats to the podium finishers, and tough luck to the guys who were having a good race and crashed out for one reason or another... but i do appreciate the positions that were handed to me! lol!
See you on the next one!

That was fun! Though the Porsche 911 has a weird downshift thingy. Definitely need to look into that! Sometimes I was just stuck in 5th going out of the first chicane. Seems like you can only downshift under braking.

Last edited:
That was fun! Though the Porsche 911 has a weird downshift thingy. Definitely need to look into that! Sometimes I was just stuck in 5th going out of the first chicane. Seems like you can only downshift under braking.

From the manual for the Porsche 911.2 GT3 Cup car, so not the Porsche GT3, but the GT3 Cup Car. Don't ask me about the differences. However:

1676731258952-png.641331

Epic fight for p1 until Gonzales touched the wall and crashed both of us. I have the replay from my PoV (in VR), it was great to watch if anyone's interested.

Great race overall, that was fun, thanks!
I'm so sorry, you put too much pressure on me and I misjudged the turn.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 2 22.2%