rF2 S397 GT3 @ TT Assen - Fri 21 Jan 2022 *January Trophy Rd 3/4*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
It can be yes. Most important thing in the setup is to put the tire pressure to 140 (lowest it'll go), rF2 tire pressure model dosent work so the lower you go, the more grip you'll have.
It's a shame that a "supersimulator" like rf2 don't simulate tirepressure properly. But I think with higher pressures you handle kerbs and bumps better. I tried it on buriram/chang with lmp2, or it's only my Imagination??:thumbsdown:

It dosent matter what car or track you race, tire pressure always goes to the lowest amount possible. Its not an easy fix as it requires an entirely new tire physics model, the sim that does this the best, by far, is ACC where in order to go the fastest you have to aim the pressures for a specific value which all depends on the track, weather, driving style and car. And if you hit a curb too hard, you risk 'burping' the tire where the tire lets out air, air you dont get back. Coming back to rF2 after an ACC session is actually refreshingly simple, the setup works everywhere, no need to change a thing. Is that realistic? No. But it means close racing can be had without practicing much.

Many thanks to @Michael Rudolf first for letting me know that the R8 isn't a great car and second for sharing your setup :) I actually really enjoyed driving it. The first timed lap was almost a second quicker already :thumbsup:

My race was pretty stale after the start. Had some nice battles with @rockracer and our Minion (@Herlev). Unfortunately, I spun when he overtook me. And even worse, I got mounted on the grass and it felt like it took me ages to get out again :(

On to the next one, maybe with a custom livery for the first time.

On to the next one, maybe with a custom livery for the first time.

Reminds me. @Jimlaad43 and David:
If you have any questions reg. it, feel free to take it on PM, or in the Daytona thread. Activity in the threads are always great :) As we can see, the rF2 threads are really active compared to the rest. Which is awesome! :)

Reminds me. @Jimlaad43 and David:
If you have any questions reg. it, feel free to take it on PM, or in the Daytona thread. Activity in the threads are always great :) As we can see, the rF2 threads are really active compared to the rest. Which is awesome! :)
Oh don't worry, my livery is complete and it's TOP TIER MEMEAGE

It can be yes. Most important thing in the setup is to put the tire pressure to 140 (lowest it'll go), rF2 tire pressure model dosent work so the lower you go, the more grip you'll have.
Really? I usually try to make the tyre pressures balanced on the car around the lap (so their hot pressures are pretty much equal for most of the lap). Is that not ideal then and should I just run them as low as possible on all 4 wheels regardless of hot balance?

Really? I usually try to make the tyre pressures balanced on the car around the lap (so their hot pressures are pretty much equal for most of the lap). Is that not ideal then and should I just run them as low as possible on all 4 wheels regardless of hot balance?
There are a few Videos in Youtube regarding this problem . There are people which are even seconds faster with lowest tire pressure.
Im can not Tell such a big difference between let's say 140 and 150 kpa but maybe im just not fast enough:):thumbsdown:
But yes, I definitely feel more grip with lowest settings

Last edited:
Sadly yes, low pressure beats ideal temps in rF2. How big the advantage is depends a bit on the car and track combo and the driving style, so basically on how much the tyres suffer and heat up. Especially in quali it can be even worth not heating them up on the outlap to gain a bit more. On this track I could do two hot laps with pretty equal pace before it started dropping, on others you have just one. I usually just leave the tyre on lowest pressure, sometimes I adjust camber to get inside / outside temps more equal but I never really felt a big difference in speed or usage doing that. My setups in rf2 mostly focus on suspension, aero, and getting the balance right which makes the biggest difference for me. Some default setups are quite alright (like the McLaren or Corvettes for example), others are pretty useless and need loads of tweeking (like the 488).
My biggest learning coming from ACC was tyre pressure always lowest is faster and brake ducts have no influence on tyre temps whatsoever.

Last edited:
Unfortunately yeah, down to the lowest they can go. However, the tires are not insucceptible to heat, if you overdrive or slide the tires, the temps skyrocket fast and you loose grip. So make sure the rear end is planted through the entire race and they'll be happy, you may find you need to sacrifice top speed to get there, but its worth it. Some people lower the wing and soften the rear to compensate, but that creates an unbalanced car after only a few laps, and then you're screwed.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Forum trophies