rF2 S397 GT3 @ TT Assen - Fri 21 Jan 2022 *January Trophy Rd 3/4*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
My race started of getting passed by Magnus into T1 which was annoying as I knew I'd spending quite a bit of time stuck behind him as passing here is nigh on impossible. I tried a few times, but decided to wait until he got a bad exit out of the last chicane. I knew that would happen at some point as the McLaren is good on the opening laps but quickly drops off, and sure enough, it did, making things a lot easier.
Then set about catching Michael which I did and right as was starting to judge his weak points his car stepped out, he saved it (somehow) but it meant I could cruise past.
Then it was a case of catching Maciej. Slowly but surely that happended nearing the end I was right on his bumper. Tried a few times, even divebombed it into the very tight lefthander (T3?) but gave him a nudge in the process (sorry). A lap later and I made a noob mistake of braking too late, turning in too hard, unloading the LR and gearing down too fast, causing an inevitable spin, loosing 10 secs. I blame my lack of sleep during the week for that mistake :p
After that I set about catching him again, but my pace, and concentration, dropped off and on the penultimate lap I get a DT for the 3rd cut, a completely unnessecary cut made out of tiredness, causing me to drop to 3rd after loosing another 15 secs in the pits. Stupid error.
Grats Maciej, well deserved :thumbsup:

No idea how I mananged to keep P2 but that's the best that would have been possible anyway today. Grats @Maciej Strzeboński, you were a class of your own today :thumbsup: Wasn't too bad for the first 20 minutes until I nearly lost it in Ruskenhoek and just managed to not spin but Jan was past. Tried to settle for P3 but lost it shortly after into Ramshoek, rear stepped out, tried so save it but spun. Hit the wall but luckily not too much damage. By that Pauli passed me but I had lost rythm and with damage there was no way to get past. Had two cut warnings so put everything into avoiding the last which paid off in the end.
Thank you @Michael Rudolf :thumbsup: That was my best race, but that's because of you gyus! You're pushing me to be a better simracer. Thanks to all of you!

Cheers :)

My race started of getting passed by Magnus into T1 which was annoying as I knew I'd spending quite a bit of time stuck behind him as passing here is nigh on impossible. I tried a few times, but decided to wait until he got a bad exit out of the last chicane. I knew that would happen at some point as the McLaren is good on the opening laps but quickly drops off, and sure enough, it did, making things a lot easier.
Then set about catching Michael which I did and right as was starting to judge his weak points his car stepped out, he saved it (somehow) but it meant I could cruise past.
Then it was a case of catching Maciej. Slowly but surely that happended nearing the end I was right on his bumper. Tried a few times, even divebombed it into the very tight lefthander (T3?) but gave him a nudge in the process (sorry). A lap later and I made a noob mistake of braking too late, turning in too hard, unloading the LR and gearing down too fast, causing an inevitable spin, loosing 10 secs. I blame my lack of sleep during the week for that mistake :p
After that I set about catching him again, but my pace, and concentration, dropped off and on the penultimate lap I get a DT for the 3rd cut, a completely unnessecary cut made out of tiredness, causing me to drop to 3rd after loosing another 15 secs in the pits. Stupid error.
Grats Maciej, well deserved :thumbsup:
Thank you, @Jan Larsen !

Last edited:
Well, the track has its cool parts, but its not anywhere near the Assen of the 90's, which is actually what I thought we'd be racing at, I had no idea a new track had been created, I dont follow bike racing. When I drove my first laps an hour before the race, I thought I had downloaded the wrong track! I was expecting the ultra fast Assen of the 90's instead of this. Its like when the old Hockenheim ring got replaced with the garbage new one :(
No disrespect to the track choice, I love a new challenge, but the old design was much better :). The 'cut' circus is really annoying though, if they dont want us to cut the track, put gravel in there!

Last edited:
That was the general mood on Discord as well. I think I'm quite alone in absolutely loving this track :p
Oh well, it was worth a shot leeching of the release of Assen on R3E :geek:
You're not alone, I actually liked the track, though I also always enjoyed Misano where I also felt quite alone with :)
Only think the track limits are very inconsistent. Some corners you can go super wide, some a bit, some are super strict. A bit more consistent would have helped

Well, the track has its cool parts, but its not anywhere near the Assen of the 90's, which is actually what I thought we'd be racing at, I had no idea a new track had been created, I dont follow bike racing. When I drove my first laps an hour before the race, I thought I had downloaded the wrong track! I was expecting the ultra fast Assen of the 90's instead of this. Its like when the old Hockenheim ring got replaced with the garbage new one :(
No disrespect to the track choice, I love a new challenge, but the old design was much better :). The 'cut' circus is really annoying though, if they dont want us to cut the track, put gravel in there!

I know. I remembered the old Assen from my first couple of motorcycle-games. I was so confused when I tried MotoGP 16 or 17 or whatever MotoGP game that first had the "create your own team" thing. That Assen wasn't what I remembered.
It's very noticeable as well, it really doesn't have the flow in the first sector.

You're not alone, I actually liked the track, though I also always enjoyed Misano where I also felt quite alone with :)
Only think the track limits are very inconsistent. Some corners you can go super wide, some a bit, some are super strict. A bit more consistent would have helped

I also like Misano! But the rF2 version is very bumpy. At least my Logi-wheel rattles, so I am afraid what that will do with direct drive wheels. Also, I have to admit, I'm not sure of the legality of that track.

Maybe that was my day :roflmao:

Also Jan was very close to overtake me when my steering wheel decided to shift down from 3rd to 1st gear in T1. I spun and lost two or three seconds there.

Haha. Just noticed that "Hat-Trick" and "Grand Slam" is actually a part of the driver stats on the "driver stats" tab on the website as well.
You're (so far) the only one that have managed both those.

I hated every part of this track i never found a good compromise between the slow and fast parts in my setup. Should have taken a gamble on using @Michael Rudolf settup he shared but it was late in to practice so i went for what i knew.

Race was pretty poor, was fun at the start battling with Richard, i could never get a gap so that i could get into a flow, got a drive through for track limits, but only seem to remember getting 1 warning, thought id use it tactically to cool the tyres once they inevitably over heated. When i did goto pit i wiped out jonah, watching his video back is just embarrassing.

From then on i was just frustrated :(

I hated every part of this track i never found a good compromise between the slow and fast parts in my setup. Should have taken a gamble on using @Michael Rudolf settup he shared but it was late in to practice so i went for what i knew.

Race was pretty poor, was fun at the start battling with Richard, i could never get a gap so that i could get into a flow, got a drive through for track limits, but only seem to remember getting 1 warning, thought id use it tactically to cool the tyres once they inevitably over heated. When i did goto pit i wiped out jonah, watching his video back is just embarrassing.

From then on i was just frustrated :(
I thought the first 10 laps between the 3 of us were great! All about the same pace but different speeds on each part of the track. I never change anything on the setup apart from radiator and brake ducts and sometimes the wing. I should put some more effort in that as I've heard that rf2 is very sensitive to setups.

It can be yes. Most important thing in the setup is to put the tire pressure to 140 (lowest it'll go), rF2 tire pressure model dosent work so the lower you go, the more grip you'll have.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back