rF2 S397 GT3 @ Spa-Francorchamps - Fri 27 Nov 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
sorry that i had to retire the race, i kept having issues where i couldn't shift gears anymore and no response from my wheel buttons...i think maybe something to do with my usb cable. It happened every time i exit the last corner and tried to upshift and nothing. unplugged it and replugged it then it worked, but the next time same corner, it happens again...really sucks because it was such a great race, i was P11 after the start! Thanks for all the help i'll get it sorted and hopefully join again soon.

Cheers,

Vince

Well that did not go very well for me. Had a good start and just managed to avoid the 488 of I think @pokornyib who spun at Eau Rogue which should have been a warning. Had a nice battle with @Simon Marshall for the rest of the lap. Then it began. Next three times Eau Rogue got me and I spun out big time. No clue why that happened, never had that once all week in any practise with the same setup, really weird. Didn't trust the car at all after that and had issues in Eau Rouge pretty much every lap and caught 3 DTs sliding off track trying to avoid more spins. Looked like it could have become a nice battle after all when I was at the end of the P4-P9 car train but got another DT and ended up 7th. Considering that I obviously wasn't the only one with troubles today. Thanks for the great and fair racing everyone and congrats to the Podium, good job keeping it together!
And thanks for organizing @Ole Marius Myrvold :thumbsup:

20201127230244_1.jpg

Sorry for the early exit. After server a drive thru for cut warnings, I couldn't stop spinning out in places I usually haven't during the time I spent practicing. Should have added more wing for the race though.

what a scary race. Entered the grit and after start of formation lap i realized "hey, no ffb" hoped for a restart, but no, than thought about where is the ffb reset button(never used it the last month and years, ah, ok there but oh, that device isn't active any more....
So, in the end 23 laps without ffb at spa, a lot of work.
Got 3 cut warnings the first 2 laps during the learning of driving without ffb, afterwards it went ok, had a lot of fun.

thanks to ole for organizing, as always a greta event and a lot of fun.

Practice: That was an odd race. Right before qualifying my pedals buggered off, refusing to work anymore. I almost rammed someone and threw it in the fence to avoid. Sorry about that scare, I had no control. Then when it finally did stop, it full throttled its way back out on to the track like it had a mind of its own, so I quickly discoed to try and troubleshoot. They had been acting up in the weeks before so I thought the pots were finally done after 10 years. But all 3 of them at the same time? Something was fishy. It turned out to be a faulty usb plug on the motherboard of all things, once I switched to another USB and recalibrated, everything was back to normal. Had anyone ever had an USB go bad?

Qually: Came back in with about 5 minutes to go, hurriedly scrambled a lap together to end up 15th, hardly ideal. I knew I was in for a tough time through the first few corners. Oh boy was I right...

Race: ...because everything went tits up in Eau Rouge on both lap 1 and 2 where HALF THE FIELD(!) binned it on both laps, including myself. As Michael said:
Then it began. Next three times Eau Rogue got me and I spun out big time. No clue why that happened, never had that once all week in any practise with the same setup, really weird.
I totally agree. The car was completely undrivable through Eau Rouge when behind other cars, its like the draft aero coding is completely wrong. The car should understeer through there, not oversteer like mad. It basically caught everyone out leading to massive pileups. When I joined the crash on both lap 1 and 2, several other cars had already found the wall before me, so I basically slid right into the pileup already there. While amusing to see, its still frustrating.
After those two big hits, lots of traffic, a drive thru(I f.... hate track limits, in real life and in sims) and whatever time lost elsewhere, I miraculously brought it home in 5th. Most likely because of others mishaps.

Last edited:

My initial plan for next week was to use the LMP2 & GTE's on Spa. And while they may act a bit different than the GT3s in traffic, I'm honestly not sure this is the way to go... I'm away for Sat & (most of) Sun visiting my mom for the 2nd time since Covid-19 happened, so I'll have a think regarding next week. If it will be Spa, or if I should continue my US-track tour! (There has actually been a plan behind the multiclass tracks :p )

If you're on a direct drive wheel you might want to try grounding the wheelbase/motor.
I have no grounding in my house but some extra copper to the wheelbase worked.
I only had the issues with my pedals though, not the button box. Maybe you could insulate it somehow.

Last edited:
I was once again disconnected from server just before formation lap, so no race for me. After a bad qualifying I was hoping in a good race. This happens to me quite often in RD races since two years... Very frustrating to see there's no fix after so long time :(

Hmm. I can only think of one thing right now.

Have you made your own livery, and did you "create driver" in the game when you did this?
If so, this might be the reason why. If you just create a livery, and put it in one of the existing cars as an alt-file, that works without issues.

I totally agree. The car was completely undrivable through Eau Rouge when behind other cars, its like the draft aero coding is completely wrong. The car should understeer through there, not oversteer like mad. It basically caught everyone out leading to massive pileups. When I joined the crash on both lap 1 and 2, several other cars had already found the wall before me, so I basically slid right into the pileup already there. While amusing to see, its still frustrating.

Indeed, just did a quick AI session trying things out. Again, same setup, max fuel (thought maybe car bottomed out or something) and same thing happens. Alone no problem, rear is like on rails. Behind two AI cars and all of a sudden rear steps out uncontrollably. Very weird, haven't noticed that on any other track so far, at least by far not to this extent. Didn't even realize so many ppl were affected.
Also missed that my second round was a really close call :roflmao:

20201128010437_1.jpg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%