rF2 S397 GT3 @ Spa-Francorchamps - Fri 27 Nov 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Was quite interesting race. Nowdays I have only time for 1 race in 2 weeks. I practiced 1 h before the race, was quite happy with the pace. Starting from p2 I would be able to overtake p1 after 1st corner, but I forgot to the engine map in 1 :D . Before radillon I lifted quite much, to avoid the areo loss, but was not enough. That was quite unrealistic, the back side gone like puncutre.. So back to p29... I managed to gain some position back to p4 but the car was quite much damaged, so that was the maximum. As fun race was not bad. Thanks for organizing. :)

Something very wrong with the track or the cars, s392 need to get working with some real life drivers, to get the cars handling as they should, not how gamers think they should! The aero wash/imbalance is miles off.

If s392 are reading get intouch via my website

I think I never had the problem with draft, even in the first lap incident, I simple tried to avoid some spinning guys in front of me, but there is to many cars involved, and I found my self in the big accident. I got damage at the front, and second lap, I spin in the Eau Rouge, but I think due to damage, because I had spin in other places, too. So, I decided to pit for repair. Came out of the pit, I was very fast, but with these tight track limit, I got some warning (one during an incident:O_o:), and I got a drive-through. After that, become too frustrating driving alone in the bottom of the grid, so I decided to quit, and grab some screens:roflmao:

GRAB_085.jpg

i have made my livery as usual following the S397 guide, by creating driver etc. this on other races worked fine but i could investigate on this. so was my livery and car class invisible?

It works most of the time. However at times it can cause issues, which is why I never advice people to make a new driver, but just add the livery to an existing car. That have not caused any errors so far.

That’s a cool skin Luca! :thumbsup: I only wish I could have seen it during the race but sadly for me your car was the standard blue with Italian-coloured stripes.
What’s up with rF2 and skin sharing lately? I’ve got the ‘auto download skins’-box ticked but whenever I enter a server I have to manually load people’s skin, unless I already have it and more than often the indicator for a proper download just flashes grey. One redeeming factor is that the game no longer moves at 4 fps and locks up being stuck in an infinity loop of trying to download a skin that can’t be done, but it seems that the game is still worse at it than it usually is...

Thank you! :)

Yep, it's not the first time that it happen :(. It seems that you seen some versions ago of my skin, like there is some sort of caching that prevent the download of the new version. Maybe if I put that skin in a different car number, you'll download it again...

That's why I've took my self in the screenshoot! :p:D

Hmm... since you mentioned caching, perhaps if I remove all user skins currently downloaded the game will actually refresh/download the skins instead of getting confused(or whatever is happening), I mean logically it should work.
Btw. are you using the same file-name for your new skins as with your old ones?

yep, i had same issue and renaming DDS files fixed it. new filename force rf2 to redownload the skin. talking about my disconnection issue, probably dued to rcd file, only one downside adding alt livery to an existing car is that i loose the windshield banner. that's why i always have created rcd and new driver

Last edited:
yep, i had same issue and renaming DDS files fixed it. new filename force rf2 to redownload the skin. talking about my disconnection issue, probably dued to rcd file, only one downside adding alt livery to an existing car is that i loose the windshield banner. that's why i always have created rcd and new driver

If you add your dds files to a mas-file, you will combine the files to one livery (so you can change windows, rims etc.)

Good to know. So, every time I made some change to the skin, I had to give it a different name!? I can live with that, but I hope this will be fixed

Probably not. As the game looks at your filename for that car, and checks locally. If it finds the same name it loads the local file. If not you'd end up with downloading the same livery every time, which is even less smart :)
If you had put your new livery on a different Ferrari it would've loaded the new one.

Correct, can't use mas files in online events. Otherwise I'd use one of my liveries in the download section :)

You can for liveries. This is how my Toyota AE86 car is set up.
lptoET7.png

So, open the mas tool in rF2, drag in the livery and window file (and others if you have a file for RIMS, Interior, EXTRA etc.). Save the mas-file with the same name as the main livery, so in my case "alt_Myrvold".
Voila, the game will load in all the files, and the others on the server as well. I know it works for me as I can see it in my game, and it works online, because I've used it. And Luca have taken one of his brilliant screenshots, and my livery, with the custom windows included!

2020-11-19-_-toyota-ae86-anglesey-2-jpg.421929

My initial plan for next week was to use the LMP2 & GTE's on Spa. And while they may act a bit different than the GT3s in traffic, I'm honestly not sure this is the way to go..
Just did some testing against AI and as far as I could see the GTEs seem to have the same issue although a bit less extreme. I'd say it starts being about 0.3s behind the car ahead while with GT3s it already happened when the car was 0.5s-0.6s ahead. Have not tested LMP2s.

Just did some testing against AI and as far as I could see the GTEs seem to have the same issue although a bit less extreme. I'd say it starts being about 0.3s behind the car ahead while with GT3s it already happened when the car was 0.5s-0.6s ahead. Have not tested LMP2s.

Hmm, the question is how it would work on any other tracks, as it seems to be a fundamental issue with the cars, and not so much track specific.
However, other tracks will not be as borderline with regards to track limits which was really harsh on Spa, which made it harder to follow anyone as well.

I guess we'll travel to the last North American track on my "IMSA-Tour" then :)

Last edited:
Hmm, the question is how it would work on any other tracks, as it seems to be a fundamental issue with the cars, and not so much track specific.
However, other tracks will not be as borderline with regards to track limits which was really harsh on Spa, which made it harder to follow anyone as well.

I guess we'll travel to the last North American track on my "IMSA-Tour" then :)
Yea it seems a fundamental issue though with GTEs I only had issues in Eau Rogue, with GT3s I would also spin in Blanchimont and others. So lets hope it'll be fixed

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back