rF2 S397 GT3 @ Buenos Aires #8 - Fri 04 Feb 2022 *Buenos Aires Trophy Rd 1/5*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
The live stewarding (me) was removing a DT, not giving. It was a DT that Colin got. That's one advantage of being on Discord.

I did remove another DT later in the race, not a Discord-chat. However, when I remove DT's I will check on the replay afterwards, and if the DT was fair and fine (also using log-files) or not.
If the DT was fair, and thus got removed on wrong grounds, then that will be taken on DM - also, it may cause me to not remove penalties in the future.

It's good to be able to remove penalties as the game can give DT/S&G for avoiding collisions by running off the track.
Oh. Now I feel even dumber :O_o: :(

Umm wait, what did just happen :) ? Didn't expect anything really after being so tired I had to take a nap before the race. Had a good start and squeezed past @Maciej Strzeboński, but his pace was better so I had to push hard. Cought two cut warnings in the last chicanein the first two laps (very confused still, took the same line for hours in practice and it was fine, does rF2 compare to your best lap or anything?). So I went extremely careful from then on which kept Maciej close behind. Then people seemed to keep dying everywhere, first Jan and Dean disappeared behind, then Maciej shot right past me in the last hairpin. @Shawn Jacobs reeled me in after a while and passed me after I slided. After that it seemed the race went on forever until first Pauli crashed somehwere in front and later Shawn spun in the same corner. Found myself leading with a good gap that I managed until the end mainly fighting the DT that threatened me. Thx to all the backmarkers, everyone let me past really well :thumbsup: @Colin Peach you should have stayed ahead, it was the last lap and I had like 5 secs lead, didn't even dare getting into your three way battle there ;)
Thanks everyone for racing and @Ole Marius Myrvold for organizing :thumbsup:

Thanks for the race at all, and @Ole Marius Myrvold for organizing!!!
Congrats to the podium and @Michael Rudolf for the win

It was the first race in a long time with a gt3 and the first for years in the AMG.
So, a BIG Thanks @Shawn Jacobs for the AMG setup, very helpful, nice to drive.
Still lacking a good pace, but this will not change anymore....

@Colin Peach the contact was not necessary :wink

Umm wait, what did just happen :) ? Didn't expect anything really after being so tired I had to take a nap before the race. Had a good start and squeezed past @Maciej Strzeboński, but his pace was better so I had to push hard. Cought two cut warnings in the last chicanein the first two laps (very confused still, took the same line for hours in practice and it was fine, does rF2 compare to your best lap or anything?). So I went extremely careful from then on which kept Maciej close behind. Then people seemed to keep dying everywhere, first Jan and Dean disappeared behind, then Maciej shot right past me in the last hairpin. @Shawn Jacobs reeled me in after a while and passed me after I slided. After that it seemed the race went on forever until first Pauli crashed somehwere in front and later Shawn spun in the same corner. Found myself leading with a good gap that I managed until the end mainly fighting the DT that threatened me. Thx to all the backmarkers, everyone let me past really well :thumbsup: @Colin Peach you should have stayed ahead, it was the last lap and I had like 5 secs lead, didn't even dare getting into your three way battle there ;)
Thanks everyone for racing and @Ole Marius Myrvold for organizing :thumbsup:
Congrats Michael you drove brilliantly!

I quite enjoyed the AMG, but the 3 spins in it did catch me off guard.

I just can't get my head around rf2 gt3s, it's bloody weird when I'm so comfortable in GTE.

Still was great fun, I'll try and make another soon.

@Jan Larsen missed me man, so all good, it was an epic out braking that's for sure hahaha funnily enough not the first time I've had that exact same thing happen, I'll see if I can find the other clip :roflmao:

Results are uploaded and Standings updated. As always, click "races" and race number 1(the only race) to see the results and stats from tonight :)

Standings
1644013463327.png

Extra Stats!! As I love statistics, I will keep update a total-stat as well. Where all 2022 race-stats will be uploaded. This is for no other reason than the fact that I just love all kind of stats! These can be found here:

Ehm, yeah, thats pretty much it :unsure:
It's happened to us all I assure you, so definitely don't beat yourself up :thumbsup:

In one series I did, race 1, first time driving there, absolutely murdered the league administrator while battling for second, was sitting right up behind him preparing to pull out going into the corner, and lose track of where we were on the straight, slammed straight into the back of him. He wasn't impressed to say the least.....

Results are uploaded and Standings updated. As always, click "races" and race number 1(the only race) to see the results and stats from tonight :)

Extra Stats!! As I love statistics, I will keep update a total-stat as well. Where all 2022 race-stats will be uploaded. This is for no other reason than the fact that I just love all kind of stats! These can be found here:
Im disappointed in the stats, im sure id be leading the way for most drive throughs!! Well done @Michael Rudolf that was for all the hard hours you put in for every race! I wasnt going to get in the way of the leaders... But nearly wipped you out in the last corner .. that was squeeky bum time the last 10 laps was super intense. sorry @akephoe was that in to turn 2? I dont remember any contact, but sorry if it effected your race :(

@Dean Maković Absolutely massive sorry, @Shawn Jacobs too if I hit you aswell, I dont know, the replay wasnt saved for some reason.
Anyway, massive sorry Dean, I didnt drop it on braking, well, I did, but after having missed the braking point by 50 meters or so (I braked at the wrong marker) and as a result, piledrived you, ruining your race. Absolutely no excuse, I'm so so sorry, its the most embarrased I've ever been in 20 years of online racing :(
I fully agree with the drive thru (nice to see live steward) although I didnt get a chance to serve it as my screens froze entering pitlane.
What a nightmare :(
Its ok mate sht happens. Thats racing. Next friday will be better for both of us. I must addmit i was angry after shunt. It was like a tunderstorm from clear sky hahaha.
Later i lost focus and my tires was ruined a little bit as i tried to catch guys in front and i kept spinning and DNF in the end. All in all its was fun yesterday and good circuit

Last edited:
What a race that was yesterday. After all that drama at the front I found myself in P4 after 10 minutes into the race :O_o: Never was that high up but with @xoSx.Racing and @Hartmut2 right behind me I knew it won't last long.
Thx @Hartmut2 for the fair-play and letting me re-pass (didn't actually matter much in retrospective if I can't keep it on the road).

@Ole Marius Myrvold I really enjoyed our hard fight afterwards and going side-by side almost the whole first sector. And special thanks to you for organizing such great events week after week.

I haven't had that much fun (and okish pace) in a race for a looong time :) Looking forward to the next one :thumbsup:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 449 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 173 26.9%
Back