rF2 S397 GT3 @ Buenos Aires #8 - Fri 04 Feb 2022 *Buenos Aires Trophy Rd 1/5*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hope it's a quality track then! I'm itching to try the incoming cars as well.

Those releases... Not fitting with my plans :p Daytona came a bit too late. The LMP3 wasn't popular last time. The M4 GT3 is just another GT3, so that's not biggie. Then there's the IndyCar. Will fit into week 3 here (gives people a bit of time to test it). But that means next should be S397 Endurance, if not there will not be modern multiclass for the whole of February. That's not good.

Ugh! :p

You are talking about the one after the hairpin at the end, right?
Yes. The vomit-inducing clunky awful slow thing right after a hairpin which you could very easily have a nice run down to turn 1 through, but for some reason we go single-file over some awkward kerbs. Why Buenos Aires put this in many decades ago and have never removed it I'll never know.

Yes. The vomit-inducing clunky awful slow thing right after a hairpin which you could very easily have a nice run down to turn 1 through, but for some reason we go single-file over some awkward kerbs. Why Buenos Aires put this in many decades ago and have never removed it I'll never know.

Oh, there are so many chicanes on this track on the different layouts. We will meet a variety of them during the month. This one will not show up the next couple of weeks though!

Oh, there are so many chicanes on this track on the different layouts. We will meet a variety of them during the month. This one will not show up the next couple of weeks though!
All the other chicane are fine, this one sucks so much :roflmao:

That said, Tobogan master race!

Last edited:
@Dean Maković Absolutely massive sorry, @Shawn Jacobs too if I hit you aswell, I dont know, the replay wasnt saved for some reason.
Anyway, massive sorry Dean, I didnt drop it on braking, well, I did, but after having missed the braking point by 50 meters or so (I braked at the wrong marker) and as a result, piledrived you, ruining your race. Absolutely no excuse, I'm so so sorry, its the most embarrased I've ever been in 20 years of online racing :(
I fully agree with the drive thru (nice to see live steward) although I didnt get a chance to serve it as my screens froze entering pitlane.
What a nightmare :(

Last edited:
I'd like to apologize to the Ferrari I sent off track before the last chicane. Completely misevaluated your speed and mine. Tried to wait for you for 20ish second to give you the position but you stayed in the gravel :(.

Great time though with Colin behind me, I was really pushing to try to keep you out of range. I was unable to see my tire wear, but it sure wasn't pretty!

See you guys next week

I fully agree with the drive thru (nice to see live steward) although I didnt get a chance to serve it as my screens froze entering pitlane.
What a nightmare :(

The live stewarding (me) was removing a DT, not giving. It was a DT that Colin got. That's one advantage of being on Discord.

I did remove another DT later in the race, not a Discord-chat. However, when I remove DT's I will check on the replay afterwards, and if the DT was fair and fine (also using log-files) or not.
If the DT was fair, and thus got removed on wrong grounds, then that will be taken on DM - also, it may cause me to not remove penalties in the future.

It's good to be able to remove penalties as the game can give DT/S&G for avoiding collisions by running off the track.

I'd like to apologize to the Ferrari I sent off track before the last chicane. Completely misevaluated your speed and mine. Tried to wait for you for 20ish second to give you the position but you stayed in the gravel :(.

Great time though with Colin behind me, I was really pushing to try to keep you out of range. I was unable to see my tire wear, but it sure wasn't pretty!

See you guys next week
Yeah I've seen you waited there. Yesterday I disabled the auto clutch to race with the Caterham and today I didn't turned on, so I couldn't go on (I've already turn it on again haha). What can I say? I make silly mistakes too, so doesn't matter

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 458 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 281 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 302 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 177 27.0%
Back