rF2 S397 Endurance Series @ Spa-Francorchamps - Fri 04 Dec 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
An updated race-poster as well! Again a big thanks to @Luca Ciarfella for taking the screenshot, looks awesome!

EYfqQ5F.png

Hey guys, is anyone in the USA? I attempted to purchase a steam gift card for South Africa but somehow ended up being USD currency only! I wanted to know if anyone would be able to gift me the amount of 10$ or gift the Spa track to me? Whichever is easier.

Thanks so much.

Hi all, can you please sing me up for LMP2?

I usually hotlap or race with AI, as I don't race online in general; but I would like to try it out. This is going to be my first race in RD, and I've read all the rules. I believe that I race cleanly, and hope that I can race decently with you guys. My lap times in SPA are around 2 minutes 17 seconds, quite slow; so I will try to maintain my racing line and stay out of the way of fast drivers. Hope to see you on track.

NOTE: While I don't think we'll get to this point, but the entry list, and number of spots are just a "guideline". If we have a "full" GTE field, but more guys want to do GTE, we'll just add more to the list. It's 38 cars that's the limit on this layout, how many cars in each class are not set in stone :)

I usually hotlap or race with AI, as I don't race online in general; but I would like to try it out. This is going to be my first race in RD, and I've read all the rules. I believe that I race cleanly, and hope that I can race decently with you guys. My lap times in SPA are around 2 minutes 17 seconds, quite slow; so I will try to maintain my racing line and stay out of the way of fast drivers. Hope to see you on track.

Oooh. *Insert Nervous feelings*.

Remember, speed doesn't matter. Having fun, racing clean is all the matters! :) (And for some, talking loads of BS on Discord is important as well, it's all a part of the fun :whistling: ).

Just remember that there is a formation lap and a rolling start, other than that, I think it will all go great.
If you qualify your LMP2 in the middle of the GT's, it might be wise to pull over after the start/finish line, after the green flag and go to the rear. Mainly because it can be very chaotic with an LMP2 in the middle of GTE's through Eau Rouge :)
This goes for all drivers, not just you though! It's a 50 min race, even though you will lose some extra time on it, it makes it much easier for everyone :)

But again, the main thing is to have fun!

oh, just remembered. If you get lapped. Drive the normal line, and let others pass you that way. Don't suddenly throw the car to the side or anything. Same if you are going to lap a GT-car, the GT's will drive their line, and they will naturally drift to the outside of the corners. Remember that blue flags works differently in multiclass, and wait for a safe opportunity to pass :) We'll be a gang of weird people(and some normals) on Discord during the race if you have any questions! :)

Enjoy! :D

EDIT: Erhm, and of course you can be signed up! :)

Last edited:

Make sure you are on soft tyres, lowest pressures and a bit softer on the spring

Have fun :) ive only been sim racing since april, keep working at it and the speed will come

Make sure you are on soft tyres, lowest pressures and a bit softer on the spring

Have fun :) ive only been sim racing since april, keep working at it and the speed will come

Oh. Listen to the guy who talks setups... Are we like, pro's here? :whistling:

Have you only been simracing since April?! I would've guessed you had spent years simracing elsewhere before joining RD. Wowzers!

Oooh. *Insert Nervous feelings*.

Remember, speed doesn't matter. Having fun, racing clean is all the matters! :) (And for some, talking loads of BS on Discord is important as well, it's all a part of the fun :whistling: ).

Just remember that there is a formation lap and a rolling start, other than that, I think it will all go great.
If you qualify your LMP2 in the middle of the GT's, it might be wise to pull over after the start/finish line, after the green flag and go to the rear. Mainly because it can be very chaotic with an LMP2 in the middle of GTE's through Eau Rouge :)
This goes for all drivers, not just you though! It's a 50 min race, even though you will lose some extra time on it, it makes it much easier for everyone :)

But again, the main thing is to have fun!

oh, just remembered. If you get lapped. Drive the normal line, and let others pass you that way. Don't suddenly throw the car to the side or anything. Same if you are going to lap a GT-car, the GT's will drive their line, and they will naturally drift to the outside of the corners. Remember that blue flags works differently in multiclass, and wait for a safe opportunity to pass :) We'll be a gang of weird people(and some normals) on Discord during the race if you have any questions! :)

Enjoy! :D

EDIT: Erhm, and of course you can be signed up! :)

Thank you very much for these pointers. It might be better if I drive a GTE then? I don't like the idea of pulling over after the start of the race, and causing confusion. Maybe I should drive a slower car in my first race here. I chose the LMP2 as I feel it has better grip and it's better for a beginner.

Thank you for the pointers. Usually, I don't mess with setups at all, but I'll try some laps with your recommendations and see.

Thank you for the pointers. Usually, I don't mess with setups at all, but I'll try some laps with your recommendations and see.

Ah, a driver of my taste! Setup = amount of fuel, and gear ratio/brake balance if needed! :p
I am sure Colin, or someone else who does setup-work are willing to share a setup on the server though :)

Thank you very much for these pointers. It might be better if I drive a GTE then? I don't like the idea of pulling over after the start of the race, and causing confusion. Maybe I should drive a slower car in my first race here. I chose the LMP2 as I feel it has better grip and it's better for a beginner.

Choose the car you feel is best for you, and then take it from there :) Maybe you qualify behind the GT's, maybe ahead :) Go with an LMP2 and have fun!

Oh, to add a bit to Colin's post. With an LMP2, you need to do a pitstop during the race, if not you'll run out of fuel :)

Just out of curiosity; I thought that if an LMP qualified amongst GTE shouldn’t it join at, or be moved to, the back of the LMP pack and not the entire field?

Just out of curiosity; I thought that if an LMP qualified amongst GTE shouldn’t it join at, or be moved to, the back of the LMP pack and not the entire field?

It doesn't happen automagically afaik, and you can't pass during a formation lap.

I can do it manually, but after the gridedit command suddenly didn't work like it should in a Thursday-event a couple of weeks ago, I'm slightly worried by doing it.

Must admit though, I've never thought about it, and I am not quite sure how it actually works in rF2. Not sure it's been anything of an issue before?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.