rF2 S397 Endurance Series @ Nürburgring - Fri 06 Nov 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
this was a horrible experience, starting from the back because of stupid rf2 crashing (even though i was p5 in class), then crashing everywhere, people switching lines under braking, aero suspension damage by turn 3, no sticking to a line, excessive braking in flatout sections, impossible to do any sort of clean move without diving and then turn on you anyway.

Great race today except I started 17th instead of 3rd where I qualified:( had to play catch-up the whole race and got P5 in the end, side by side over the finish line with P4! Amazing feeling to cut through traffic. I must say for the most part it was good behavior. See you next time!:thumbsup:

Well, that was a shocker. Firstly, apologies to the GTE runners at the start - my pit limiter was on for some reason.

Secondly, apologies to whoever was in the Royal blue aston for clipping you into the Veedol chicane on lap one.

Great race today except I started 17th instead of 3rd where I qualified:( had to play catch-up the whole race and got P5 in the end, side by side over the finish line with P4! Amazing feeling to cut through traffic. I must say for the most part it was good behavior. See you next time!:thumbsup:

That's a weird one, from the batch-file I used to load in the grid again, you are set in 3rd. So it should've placed you there.

The following is the top 6 from that file that was loaded on the server.
Code:
// This example is a template based on the last session run, and includes
// drivers who disconnected before the results were written.
/editgrid 1 Jonas Windey
/editgrid 2 Magnus Dahlgren
/editgrid 3 Noé Matumona
/editgrid 4 Steve Le Gallez
/editgrid 5 Dan Rock
/editgrid 6 Ole Marius Myrvold

Also weird that it randomly put you 17th, as there wasn't any open spaces. If, let's say one guy had left, and a new driver had joined, the game tends to put that new driver in to the "open" spot from the guy who left, instead of closing the grid together and adding the new one at the back.

It's the same thing that's been used when we did the 2xGT3 races with grid for Race 2 based on laptimes from R1. As long as I remove any drivers that may have left, then it all works fine.

Oh well, it was good that you had fun at least :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, had a good race until like half way through. Could keep up with the group of cars in front of me for a while, pace was ok. Then had to evade an LMP2 trying to turn around in the last corner, went on the grass and caught a DT. Lost two places and tried to make up the time lost but couldn't get much closer. Pushed it too hard, another DT, but gap was pretty big to so change until the end.
Thank you for hosting @Ole Marius Myrvold!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, had a good race until like half way through. Could keep up with the group of cars in front of me for a while, pace was ok. Then had to evade an LMP2 trying to turn around in the last corner, went on the grass and caught a DT. Lost two places and tried to make up the time lost but couldn't get mjuch closer. Pushed it too hard, another DT, but gap was pretty big to no change until the end.
Thank you for hosting @Ole Marius Myrvold!

Sorry, that might have been me in the last corner on very used soft tyres. I tried to do two stints on softs, but it didn't really work.

horrible race, to forget. At the first corner, someone made me spin, relegating me to last position with a loss of more than 5 seconds. When I was picking up the pace and overtaking other cars, at the fast chican, I collided with another spinning car, resulting in a broken spoiler. Then I came across a car that did not respect the parallels and made changes of direction when trying to pass it. And finally, when night began to fall, frame drops to 25 fps with VR. In the last lap I lost the place because it was impossible for me to get the chican up, a lot of lag.
We are talking about an i7 9700k with a 3080 rtx. This circuit is super poorly optimized. It's terrible

We are talking about an i7 9700k with a 3080 rtx. This circuit is super poorly optimized. It's terrible

You've gotten a 3080! :confused: What you experience is just the power of all us who are waiting (and have to wait months to get it) who collectively sends bad performance thoughts! :x3:

Seriously though, I got 980 Sli, and while that's far from top anymore, I run on high with good FPS. Here I had to go on "low" on everything to make it run over 60fps all the time.

It's a good thing we are moving from Nurburgring now, right? :)

My first rf2 race still got to learn how to setup the cars etc.......... Apart from frame drops (or maybe it was server issues) in second half of the race, and the predicted incidents that comes with a multiclass race.......... Happy with my first time away from iRacing, I'll definitely be back, thanks guys

My first rf2 race still got to learn how to setup the cars etc.......... Apart from frame drops (or maybe it was server issues)

Not any server issues, just the track being... ugh.

in second half of the race, and the predicted incidents that comes with a multiclass race.......... Happy with my first time away from iRacing, I'll definitely be back, thanks guys

It's slightly varying, when we raced on Watkins Glen there wasn't a single retirement or issue in lapping or anything! :)
Hope to see you again! :)

You've gotten a 3080! :confused: What you experience is just the power of all us who are waiting (and have to wait months to get it) who collectively sends bad performance thoughts! :x3:

Seriously though, I got 980 Sli, and while that's far from top anymore, I run on high with good FPS. Here I had to go on "low" on everything to make it run over 60fps all the time.

It's a good thing we are moving from Nurburgring now, right? :)
rfactor 2 is a disaster in optimization, a disaster, my previous 1080ti puts out 8fps less than the 3080. I'm talking about VR. The gpu is all the time at 50% use, even less and the cpu at 45%, I only get 35 fps at dusk on this circuit.
I'm going to see how the 6800xt goes, because having more buffer and brute force, it will be better for VR than the 3080. rfactor2 doesn't need ray tracing

Phew! What a race! I had @Jasje basically snapping at my heels the whole race with @Steve Le Gallez right behind us ready to pounce, it was an intense and awesome three way battle! Cheers for that you two!

Jasje really pushed me every lap from start to finish, so much especially in the opening laps that I could see his engine smoking, so I knew he meant business as long as the engine could last. I must admit to have been hoping to see a great yellow ball of flames and the sounds of a dying engine after a few laps, however that never came to be, which in the spirit of racing was great! :thumbsup:

I managed to stay composed even though these two guys were in my mirrors constantly, except for one lap where I manage to unsettle the car by braking while turning with my right rear over the curb, this sent me into a violent half spin right before the last left corner of the new ‘pretzel’-section but I was able to correct it rather quick and keep my position.

When it became time to do pit stops Steve pitted first, then Jasje the lap after that and me the lap after that one. And despite spending extra time in the pits, compared to the other two, with me filling my tank with roughly 35L extra unnecessary fuel I managed a better(relative) in-lap to counter that extra time spent stationary. This meant I came out of the pit just ahead of Jasje, followed right behind by Steve.

I had to do some engine management late in the race as I had red-lined it a bit too much in the beginning of the last 20min, however with the speed my two main adversaries were closing in on me I had to scrap that plan and go for broke just to keep that 2-3sec cushion!

Huge respect to all the GTE-drivers, I was fighting with two guys the whole race and we three managed to do that whilst lapping, so great work all around! Also it looked like a great field of GTE-drivers, I wished I could do both classes at the same time!
Also massive respect to @Jasje you were attacking almost every lap yet being very respectful, true sportsmanship! :notworthy:

Thank you RD and @Ole Marius Myrvold ! :D

Last edited:
My first rf2 race still got to learn how to setup the cars etc.......... Apart from frame drops (or maybe it was server issues) in second half of the race, and the predicted incidents that comes with a multiclass race.......... Happy with my first time away from iRacing, I'll definitely be back, thanks guys

Watch Chris Haye's car setup video playlist and download his cheat sheet.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back