rF2 S397 Endurance Series @ Imola - Fri 11 Dec 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
That reminds me of join-lag
It might be something like that. I noticed one of the pauses was when someone left the race - so Studio397 have now done a too good job on fixing the "join-lag" so it's become a "disconnect-lag" instead :whistling:
But joking aside, it is not something I've ever seen with RF2 before, so I really hope it was just this one time...

I could see in q already that pace would be bad today, coudn't really get the car to turn in on the faster parts ;(
Race was rather lonely when it comes to lmp's, no pace to do anything to front and quite the space back after pitstops.
The race itself was much less chaotic then I though with so many GT's atleast.

Cya again

Aww! I was hoping to see if you were better at strategy than the Fed've loved to seen your car in the race, it looked awesome! I can drag out the server-replay (however, you will not be able to see your own livery on that replay unless you rename your local file (or copy it, with a different name. Just another one of rF2's quirks).

Had one about halfway.

I do know that I was advised to not go much over 40 cars in the race (42 is fine on "old" track, and 45 on really system light tracks), while we "only" had 35 cars starting, it might be that your system were pushed to the limit, and that is had to take a (virtual) breath at the end of the race.
Thanks
:( I would've loved to seen your car in the race, it looked awesome! I can drag out the server-replay (however, you will not be able to see your own livery on that replay unless you rename your local file (or copy it, with a different name. Just another one of rF2's quirks).
Thanks Ole, happy you liked my livery
Aww! I was hoping to see if you were better at strategy than the Ferrari crew :whistling:

Ah, so that why you were standing by the side in to Tosa, it looked like a weird place to have an off!

:( I would've loved to seen your car in the race, it looked awesome! I can drag out the server-replay (however, you will not be able to see your own livery on that replay unless you rename your local file (or copy it, with a different name. Just another one of rF2's quirks).

Had one about halfway.

I do know that I was advised to not go much over 40 cars in the race (42 is fine on "old" track, and 45 on really system light tracks), while we "only" had 35 cars starting, it might be that your system were pushed to the limit, and that is had to take a (virtual) breath at the end of the race.

Thanks Ole, happy that you liked my livery ;) no worries for the skin bug in the replay, I just want to see what happened to me

Q'ed 5th, finished 4th some 30 secs behind Dino in 2nd, couldnt really have gone much better tbh. Tried to hold Magnus back on several occasions, but eventually he found his way past each time. After the pitstop I lost a ton of time with traffic as I kept catching them in all the wrong places, and in groups too. But thats what you get when you pair a bunch of LMP's with a ton of GT's. Its been many years since I've experienced this much traffic! :O_o: :D

Thanks so much for organising @Ole Marius Myrvold, what a fun race! Some great and fair battles all around. Really appreciate you running these car and track combos!

I'd like to apologise to @Dean Maković for the dive into the chicane - that was on me. Too optimistic from me and I appreciate you backing out as you did. Hope you didn't lose too much time there.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for organising @Ole Marius Myrvold, what a fun race! Some great and fair battles all around. Really appreciate you running these car and track combos!

No worries! It was a bit bigger field than I expected, which is great, and I had tested the track with more cars, and knew that it worked. However I was quite nervous during the formation lap, hoping that the green flag would work (and not be like Nürburgring when it suddenly didn't work). Nervous that someone would screw up the formation lap. Hopefully not have a gigantic start crash etc.
Idk if there was any "extra" drivers joining other than you SpeedyMites (and Shawn?), but I know there was quite a few who signed up to this race as their first post on RD, and I wouldn't have wanted their first experience to be messy.

I'm just happy that it seemed like the first lap went without any major issues, though I did see @akephoe finding himself a bit behind. After that I was able to calm down a bit and actually think of my driving. But I do think I spent 50% of the time of the first lap looking at the line at the bottom, hoping that no-one had any issues. I even scrolled down to the bottom of the MFD-Standings page as well, just to double check.

It's a tough life hosting races :roflmao:

Last edited:
I am no @Luca Ciarfella when it comes to screenshots. I just felt like sharing this. We looked good tonight :)
Also worth mentioning that this is right before the green flag, so it is at the end of the formation lap. Really well behaved by all! :)

efM13vD.png

Last edited:
also @SOLO59 your car was smoking all the time but I suppose you noticed that too ;)

Yea i noticed... Not sure why... It's not like my brake was pressed slightly while accelerating. Gonna have to have a look into that. I hope it wasn't to bad for the faster guys that passed me. Guess damage set to low because I didn't get any engine warnings, ran softs the whole race on one set of tires. And my worse tire by the end was in the mid-high 20's out of 100% think... Maybe low 30's, can't remember.

Aside from that, has a good practice session. Got into the mid 1:31's... But in qualy I couldn't keep it together and only managed a about .500 slower than that.

So began the race in P4, probably would have qualified there anyway.

I love LMP cars! But I was worried I would hit someone at the green flag and worried I would lock up and spin as its so easy to do in these lovely cars lol

Lost 2 spots at the start. Reached to P5 later and stayed put. Pitstops dropped me to P3 until I pit. Came out P7 and snagged P6. Then finished the race there. Had an opportunity to catch P5 but I think P5 was just conserving fuel and therefore, played with my emotions lol

Congrats to the winner and podiums. Thank you to all the GTE guys. Y'all we're amazing while I was lapping. Had a few close calls but I just hope I didn't hinder anyones racing though. From my perspective, I think I kept things clean for the most part. I didn't have any contact with anyone thankfully.

Hope others had a clean race too

Had a few minor mistakes and lost focus a bit in the last 15 minutes. But nothing major and kept it together till the end.

I'll be happy to post my external view of the race once it finishes. Using trackir sp when I'm checking the mirrors and apex you you'll see what @Jasje is talking about lol... We'll pretend its some kind of kool smoke effect going on lol

Was back and fourth from the pc... But finally got it done. Video from my external view if anyone would like to see lmp2 action through traffic. There were about two times where I put myself in the middle of GTE oven roasted chicken sandwiches lol

Almost forgot earlier, thank you @Ole Marius Myrvold for hosting!

Last edited:

I'd like to apologise to @Dean Maković for the dive into the chicane - that was on me. Too optimistic from me and I appreciate you backing out as you did. Hope you didn't lose too much time there.
O it's fine mate. I always have a huge respect to LMP cars. Always when I can I slow down. I lost mybe 1.5 second but nevermind because next gt car was huge 40 seconds in front.

Last edited:
My first online race ever. Although I had way to much fuell and could not keep up anyways with all of you, it was really a blast to experience. Great work!

Everyone starts somewhere! Happy that you enjoyed it! Must've been slightly nervous for you at the end of the race then, with the massive GT-battle for the top positions lapping you, and then getting LMP2 car(s) coming up to lap at the same time! A proper sink or swim moment :)

Hope to see you again at a later event! :)

Yea i noticed... Not sure why... It's not like my brake was pressed slightly while accelerating. Gonna have to have a look into that. I hope it wasn't to bad for the faster guys that passed me. Guess damage set to low because I didn't get any engine warnings

Damage is set to low, however an overheating engine will blow. I learned that the hard way at Watkins Glen! So I am a bit surprised that you survived :) Looked like you were doing smoke-signals at one point, but I was neither close enough, nor know enough about smoke signals to be able to understand what you were signalling. Maybe it was just telling everyone behind you that they were slow :x3:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 41 26.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 9 5.9%