rF2 S397 Endurance Series @ Imola - Fri 11 Dec 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm afraid that I might forget someone, or something from the race, but I will just say it again, that it was an absolute blast last night! I did what I could to not be the worst in the LMP2 "battle of Scandinavia" against @Jan Larsen @Magnus Dahlgren and @Herlev . With a bit of luck I managed to avoid that!

It was no doubt at all that the @VeryImportantPotato was the fastest and most consistent. Should probably be dipped in some cooking oil before the next event to make it possible for others to keep up! :sneaky:
With that being said Jelle - do you race karts or something? It was a very go-kart like formation-lap and roll towards the start. I absolutely loved it, how we were properly lined up, bunched up and ready to go. Really nice driving on the formation-lap :)
I also see that @akephoe and @alpebo got a penalty for overtaking too early. I guess I need to remember that for the future, give information about that!

Just like last week at Spa, I got stuck behind @rockracer early in the first stint, and just like Spa I felt like I was faster, but I was faster where I couldn't pass, and a tiny bit slower were I could pass, so I ended up turning down the engine and save fuel while I was behind. I honestly can't remember if he made a mistake, or someone made a mistake that caused him issues, but I got by, and was able to drive my own race after that. It wasn't that much on-track fighting, but it was really tense regardless, as it was close in times, and pit-stop strategy would come in to play as well.

Lot's of traffic, lot's of fun, minimal amount of issues. I managed to get a DT when I locked the rears in to Variente Alta for a 2nd time, and even though I stood on my brakes, the game gave me cutting. Oups! Could've been an intense fight for 5th against @SOLO59 and @Jasje if not.
Also, I guess I would've been closer if I hadn't half spun in the second Minerale as well!

Anyway, I had really good fun! Next week will be GT3's at some kind of track that turns both to the left and the right. Just need to decide on the track! Need to find the middle ground about well known track that's "always" used, and random track I love, but one that no-one have heard about! That's the issue when I'm a weird guy!:rolleyes:

My first online race ever. Although I had way to much fuell and could not keep up anyways with all of you, it was really a blast to experience. Great work!
Good job mate! Sorry for the slightly aggressive lapping down to Rivazza, wasn't actually going for the pass but I think I scared you off the line :whistling: Great awareness, thank you!

Everyone starts somewhere! Happy that you enjoyed it! Must've been slightly nervous for you at the end of the race then, with the massive GT-battle for the top positions lapping you, and then getting LMP2 car(s) coming up to lap at the same time! A proper sink or swim moment :)

Hope to see you again at a later event! :)

Haha yes, at some point I think I was forced driving in the middle of the track as there where cars passing me from both sides, I was scared to mess up someones race at that moment but it all went well!

I definately will be doing this more often!

Kryz, so that was U we passed on the front straight? I think you had a P2 on the left, I took the pit wall, there might have been another really close by wanting to take advantage, but I had the speed!!!! ...but not the lap times.
... there were several times during the race where I was involved in 3 wide going down the straight, maybe 4 wide once.
... I think I finally got around you near the start, then messed up and went off track (what was I thinking?), ... and back to the end of the pack.

Last edited:
Kryz, so that was U we passed on the front straight? I think you had a P2 on the left, I took the pit wall, there might have been another really close by wanting to take advantage, but I had the speed!!!! ...but not the lap times.
... there were several times during the race where I was involved in 3 wide going down the straight, maybe 4 wide once.
... I think I finally got around you near the start, then messed up and went off track (what was I thinking?), ... and back to the end of the pack.

Yes, I think that was me (since everyone passed me twice it must have been :) ), that moment was scary as hell

It was no doubt at all that the @VeryImportantPotato was the fastest and most consistent. Should probably be dipped in some cooking oil before the next event to make it possible for others to keep up! :sneaky:
With that being said Jelle - do you race karts or something? It was a very go-kart like formation-lap and roll towards the start. I absolutely loved it, how we were properly lined up, bunched up and ready to go. Really nice driving on the formation-lap :)

Hi @Ole Marius Myrvold I don't actually race karts, I only do simracing. I didn't want to get too far ahead of the car next to me though, so for the end of the formation lap I did indeed go back to 80 to keep us close. As far as the cooking oil is concerned I'll see what I can do ;).

cheers for the race all.

Last edited:
Hi @Ole Marius Myrvold I don't actually race karts, I only do simracing. I didn't want to get too far ahead of the car next to me though, so for the end of the formation lap I did indeed go back to 80 to keep us close. As far as the cooking oil is concerned I'll see what I can do ;).

Ah! Cool! It honestly felt like I was back doing karting! As I said, loved it! :)
Go for a cheap oil, you might need a lot of it :whistling:

From the rules i think it was ok with the penalty because overtaking before the startline is a penalty. So no Problem for me, i Just forget about, the Start was to good
The Event was great, so keeping the format in 2 week rotation would be nice. For the race length it would be nice if it is less than 55 or more than 65 minutes. The current GTE Bop is gentle to the 488 and corvette in terms on fuel consumption compared to the Aston, M8 or Porsche. I drove more than 70% of the race in lean and tried to shortshift but run out of fuel the last lap. Maybe this is also one of the reason why the GTE class is nearly a Ferrari cup

From the rules i think it was ok with the penalty because overtaking before the startline is a penalty. So no Problem for me, i Just forget about, the Start was to good
The Event was great, so keeping the format in 2 week rotation would be nice. For the race length it would be nice if it is less than 55 or more than 65 minutes. The current GTE Bop is gentle to the 488 and corvette in terms on fuel consumption compared to the Aston, M8 or Porsche. I drove more than 70% of the race in lean and tried to shortshift but run out of fuel the last lap. Maybe this is also one of the reason why the GTE class is nearly a Ferrari cup

We usually do 50min races for these events as well. However, the few times we do a multi-class event ahead of another race, I tend to choose 60min for a proper stint-test :)

I don't know which one I prefer, so I post both...

2020-12-11 _ S397 Endurance @ Imola (1).jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years