rF2 S397 Endurance @ Sebring - Fri 12 Mar 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Damn, had a feeling something went wrong when you were about 30 secs behind :redface:

Yeah, it was a real shame my pit stop went tits up since I had a great time battling with you. When we caught up to the back markers, a few laps before me pitting, there were some really intense and great moments!
Congrats to 4th place man! :cool:

It's funny you should notice I ran with a low df setup, for some reason I like to run with low df around Sebring despite high df being(from my understanding) preferable at this track. I mean I ran really low, wing was at 2, but this was in no way a perfect setup. I never could get the suspension right for this event and it felt like the Oreca behaved different from the last time I drove here(I must check the update notes to see if I'm missing something).
I absolutely love Sebring but it is a setup enigma almost every time for me!

Cheers to @Roy Magnes aka "Mr. Consistent" for substituting, I wouldn't feel comfortable if the organizer wasn't Norwegian! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Was anyone running the Ligier? I ran the default setup and I lacked a lot of speed. Should have tested a bit more with the other aero layouts and wing settings.

Was a fun race though, thanks guys.

You can always upload a lap so we can give some advise. Never give up!

Thanks for the offer. I revisited it this morning and did my fastest lap around there - 2:06.7. I use triples and captured this off the centre screen, so it isn't my normal view.

I can see some obvious errors - like getting back on the brakes when I have trailed off to steady the car, and having my car placement all wrong sometimes. I've decreased my BRF on my CSW 2.5 as I noticed this morning that I wasn't getting to 100% brake pressure. Here's the lap anyway.

Thanks for the offer. I revisited it this morning and did my fastest lap around there - 2:06.7. I use triples and captured this off the centre screen, so it isn't my normal view.

I can see some obvious errors - like getting back on the brakes when I have trailed off to steady the car, and having my car placement all wrong sometimes. I've decreased my BRF on my CSW 2.5 as I noticed this morning that I wasn't getting to 100% brake pressure. Here's the lap anyway.

Its a really rubbish track anyway, i would take lap time around there with a pinch of salt, hopefully we will be back on real track next week, send me a pm if you want some help getting upto speed and we can do some sessions together

Off the bat there's easily a second or more to be gained in T1 - less brake, 4th gear, use all of the track on exit. Dosent matter if you use the sand a little on exit.
Brake slightly later into T10, try using 2nd for easier exit and more corner speed through the corner because the car is more settled in 2nd instead of 1st (less engine brake).
At least a full second to be gained in the Le Mans section (T15-16). Again, use a higher gear to get on the throttle earlier and balance the back end with the throttle. Not by using wheelspin, but with weight shift.
And also at least a second in the last corner. Its possible to brake much later, as late as the inside wall on entry and let the car scrub speed off in the turn. Keep it more to the inside and get on the power earlier.

Also, I see you're using the CSW 2.5. So do I and while 100% FFB strength is fun to wrestle, I go faster with it turned down to 60-70%.

And as Colin said, this is one of the most difficult tracks to get laptime from because its so bumpy together with the low grip concrete sections. Its also easier to help and spot errors in the driving on a more natural track.

Last edited:

Same offer from me as well, PM me if you want to do some laps in the evening, I'm not a pro instructor but maybe can give some advice. I also found some telemetry from the last practise session with some 2:00 laps in there. I think it should be possible to compare that to yours in Motec.
What pedals are you using, load cell based?

@G-Slev

Just my two pence worth... your brake temps are reaching 1000 degress i think optimal would be about 500-700ish and this should allow you to brake later as you must be getting brake fade so open up those brake ducts a little, but keep learning you will get there

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back