rF2 S397 Endurance @ Indianapolis - Fri 12 Feb 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I think the setup menu shows tc in a way that's consistent between cars, while the dashboard in the car shows tc in the way the dashboard would in real life.

The Ferrari does a similar thing with fuel mix - a fuel mix of 4 in the menu is 3 in the car. But despite having 2 different numbers, the actual fuel mix is the same.

Therefore I think it's likely that the tc isn't changing, it's just the car dash represents it differently to the game's menu.

Last edited:
I think the setup menu shows tc in a way that's consistent between cars, while the dashboard in the car shows tc in the way the dashboard would in real life.

The Ferrari does a similar thing with fuel mix - a fuel mix of 4 in the menu is 3 in the car. But despite having 2 different numbers, the actual fuel mix is the same.

Therefore I think it's likely that the tc isn't changing, it's just the car dash represents it differently to the game's menu.
Yup. This is also a thing on the Alpine A110 mod. The engine mixture while driving goes from 1-6 while the setup screen goes from 0-5. It's the same amount of steps, it's just different numbers.

Thanks guys, first time time I noted that but I've also never played with the engine mapping :D

I just tried to access the server and also get an error trying to install mod message.

Did anyone who it didn't work for manage to get it working?

If you manually subscribe to the Indianapolis track that should work.
I honestly don't know what causes this. I've gone through the GetMod multiple times, both on the Indianapolis one alone, and comparing to others that I know works, and it's all the same. There is nothing that points to it not working.:unsure:

I just went on the server and apparently had the track installed, not getmod or anything, I havent downloaded anything or subscribed to anything that I know of. Must be a lucky conincidence.

Another thing: T7 (the left after the fast chicane) - do we go for the inside, faster curb or the slower curb in the middle of the road?

Last edited:
I just went on the server and apparently had the track installed, not getmod or anything, I havent downloaded anything or subscribed to anything that I know of. Must be a lucky conincidence.

Another thing: T7 (the left after the fast chicane) - do we go for the inside, faster curb or the slower curb in the middle of the road?
Slow outside I think

If you manually subscribe to the Indianapolis track that should work.
I honestly don't know what causes this. I've gone through the GetMod multiple times, both on the Indianapolis one alone, and comparing to others that I know works, and it's all the same. There is nothing that points to it not working.:unsure:
Thanks, I'm subscribed to the version of Indy you're using on steam already, so very confusing. Does sound like it's on my end though, so I'll do the rF2 sub/unsub dance!

TRACK UPDATE! S397 have released an update for the track tonight, updating it to modern PBR etc. We will update this track on the server as well. This will be done later tonight EU-time.

Build update: We will NOT move to the "public beta" (Release candidate) builds. We will only follow the final releases of all builds of the game.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea