rF2 S397 Endurance @ Indianapolis - Fri 12 Feb 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Anyone else who had to unsubsribe / subscribe to the track to be updated? Usually they update automatically (at least so far it felt like it does)

Yup. I had to do that as well (I also uninstalled the old versions while I was on it).

I really wanted to sign up but I am too getting the "Get Mod" error! Did anyone find a fix?

My guess is that there is an old version, or a different Indianapolis that are in conflict. While I know there was some sort of unidentifiable error previously, after the updated track came, the GetMod works like it should. There are never big numbers, but 4 people have downloaded the track from the GetMod service since I put it up again last evening EU-time.
OzKRobU.png

Mine just updated. I have no idea when, how or where as I didnt notice it, but I got on the server just fine. Setups are saved in the 2013 track folder though, so I guess the track just updated automatically.

Thanks, that worked. Makes no sense having to do that, but it worked :)

Well, it's the way the game figures out what cars and track(s) that's available for that rfmod (which are needed for the server). So it is logical that you can only choose between the selected content.

What's not logical is that it auto-sets to the latest ones you've used online, and not defaults to "all cars&tracks" or whatever you want to use as default.

Well, it's the way the game figures out what cars and track(s) that's available for that rfmod (which are needed for the server). So it is logical that you can only choose between the selected content.

What's not logical is that it auto-sets to the latest ones you've used online, and not defaults to "all cars&tracks" or whatever you want to use as default.
For multiplayer I dont mind it auto selecting. But for single player I want the all tracks/all cars options by default. Not sure why it isnt set that way, or if it can be done. Anyway, Michael taught me how, no issue now, other than it being a little annoying.

Last edited:
For multiplayer I dont mind it auto selecting. But for single player I want the all tracks/all cars options by default. Not sure why it isnt set that way, or if it can be done. Anyway, Michael taught me how, no issue now, other than it being a little annoying.

Oh, it can be more than a little annoying if you don't remember to delete the rfmods semi-regularly. First of all you have to go through a lot of rfmods to find the all cars and tracks. But if you decide to delete them, you get that pop-up window with "uninstalling package" the next time you start the game. I had the game uninstalling 34 packages yesterday -.-

Yay! After 2 hours of messing about with rF2, I can now join the RD server again! :thumbsup:

In case other people are still having issues, here are some things to try while they're the top of my mind. Some of the steps might be redundant, and someone with more rF2 experience might have some better ideas that aren't as overkill as this, but it worked for me. :D

Look in the follwing 3 folders for any mods that build on top of any of the cars or tracks that this race will use:

\common\rFactor 2\Installed
\common\rFactor 2\Packages
\workshop\content\365960

The installled folder should correlate with what you see when you go into rFactor 2's content page on the new UI. If you see any modded content in the content page that's marked as locally installed, you can then cut and paste it out of the installed folder (can always paste it back if things go wrong). Once you've done this for all of the content, restart rF2 and they either shouldn't be there anymore, or have the uninstall button clickable (if so, click it and it should disappear).

The packages folder should be empty except for the skins folder, so move anything you see there into a backup folder.

The workshop content folders are full of all the bits of content that get downloaded off the steam workshop. It's probably easiest to search here, either for the car names that RD are using or for any mod names that you know you use that sit on top of the cars that RD are using. Remove any 3rd party modded content from here, and unsubscribe from their respective workshop pages through your browser.

Also make sure to delete / backup any RD-specific files, can always download them from the server again later.

All of that is with the intention of making your rF2 installation as close to fresh as possible. Now try to join the server again, and pray to the rF2 gods.

If all that fails, then try closing steam, unsubscribing from the Indianapolis track on the workshop (through your browser), opening steam and rF2, then closing both fully again, subscribing to the track again through your browser and then opening steam again, waiting for the track to download and opening rF2.

If that doesn't do it, I don't know what will :) anywa,y, I'd better go and actually practice now hahaha

Last edited:
Disconnected from server after turn2 :( Really bad storm here so maybe it was my internet crapping out. Very sorry if I hit anyone as a result. Everyone just disappeared so hopefully not.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back