Btw, how does that restrictor from kunos working? in % ?
Example. When the Ferrucio get 500 horsepower and i make in the entrylist at the restrictor "1" means that 1% less horsepower from 500 HP ? Also than 495 horsepower?

Thats true, the 550 in the right hands is easy one second faster in SPA, there is than no chance for the Tornado. But i think it was in the real GT1 season 2003/04 the same. But we can with the restrictor 2%/3% engine power reduce and than it should be balanced.

Omg my englisch sry ;)
Guys simply use CM Content Manager and someone please build a preset and share it ,
maybe on RD , work out the difference , maybe some trial and error IDK ,
but with Content Manager you can add ballast to the cars , simply add more weight to the 55 to make it slower and thats all its simple ,
now IDK how much weight you would need to add , and to be honest I dare not even speculate with all the einsteins on here that will correct me within seconds ,

but this is all it is we dont need to make BOP you can simply do it yourselves in seconds and like I say and thats all :p

and like for example with CM you can get the perfect ballast / weight added to each car to get perfect BOP ,
then simply make and save a preset at the bottom ,
click share that is at the bottom right also and CM will provide you a link ,
share it with your friends you are racing in steam through steam chat , IDK these things are pretty easy to do lol

add ballast , make save preset , and simply share it with friends and have fun :geek:
7ff0517f8eddbcc546025fe4ea72d153.png

Well, i dont like balance cars with balast. Becaus the complete balance from the cars (i mean all cars not only the GT1) is lost. i prefer to balance cars with reducing horsepower in very small steps. Thats why i ask how the restrictor works in assetto

Do you whether negative values for ballast and power reduction also work?
Never used it man , tell us all about your experiences the settings are there and they are simple and they work , through CM you can share almost everything settings wise , click share and it gives you a link ,
if you have CM open and someone gives you a link its almost a automatic install , takes seconds ,
play around with some pals online find a perfect ballast ect to BOP all the cars and upload the preset to RD as a mod RSS GT Pack BOP V.10 and thats all man :p

Well, i dont like balance cars with balast. Becaus the complete balance from the cars (i mean all cars not only the GT1) is lost. i prefer to balance cars with reducing horsepower in very small steps. Thats why i ask how the restrictor works in assetto
have a play about with the restrictor , I may be wrong but I have heard good things with this from @Shaun Clarke , but like I say I might be wrong but sure Shaun mentioned this previously at some point :)

I will be totally honest, I didn't even know it was there, so it wasn't me, sorry @chargingcar but thanks for the vote of confidence :thumbsup:

I think where this has come from is that I have BOP the soon to be released Ginetta GT4 (not the supercup version, don't get confused) to match the GT4 Porsche and Maserati, but I did this all manually, load, test, change, load test change etc etc you get the idea.

Shaun

Reactions: CC
I think with a 5% restrictor on the ferrari,the bop can be ok,
just did a try and did same lap time as yesterday at spa (2.13.5), less fear on the gas i guess lol.
This said, i think the bop must must changed for every track.
We could try 10% on the Ferrari maybe one night :) it seems that the lister and the viper are quite close so i don't hink we need to touch them

I think with a 5% restrictor on the ferrari,the bop can be ok,
just did a try and did same lap time as yesterday at spa (2.13.5), less fear on the gas i guess lol.
This said, i think the bop must must changed for every track.
We could try 10% on the Ferrari maybe one night :) it seems that the lister and the viper are quite close so i don't hink we need to touch them
Just trial and error I believe , but these cars will be around for quite some time ,
if it was 1 single car , maybe personally but this is just me simply saying hey guys lets make a S1 version ,
but with 6 cars and the size of the pack once completed and the sheer amounts of efforts already collecting resources and data , speaking to people / mechanics ect ect , its been a long process trying to find the most accurate data possible well over a year collecting this stuff ,
but like I was saying these cars will be around for quite some time and its just a case of some really fast guys crunching out the numbers and finding the best restrcitor vales , ballast or what you deem fit to use ,

the situation is with making cars its merely impossible to make everyone happy at once some people would say from day 1 , BOP all the cars and make them exactly the same , but other guys wouldnt agree they want accurate cars represented accurately ,
all we can do is make the cars as accurate as possible using RWD we find and nothing else I wouldnt really agree with and specially not making 6xs1 cars and doubling the download , this simply will not do ,

just requires you guys finding the best values and simply save some presets , I am sure soon there will be quite a selection :)

I found a strange behaviour in Vortex cockpit.
To be honest, it appears in a very particular case.
I'm using VR (oculus rift) and also the patch to remove shadow ("AC - Disable Shadows Patcher" here at racedepartment)
When Post processing filters are enabled, in cockpit view, the carbon fiber material (on dashboard, doors and the black box full of buttons) gives different images for right and left view. The left image is ok but the right image do not show any shiny surface as if it is always in the shade (and this gives a strange feeling in VR).
It doesn't appears on any other material in the Vortex, on the wheel or the shifter for example. In an other car with the same carbon fiber texture like the Lamborghini huracan GT3, everything looks ok. There's no problem on Ferrucio or Tornado.
I have checked every step of every items in PP filters but that's only when I remove the main PP filters item that the cockpit is going back to normal.
Without VR, in standard screen view, the dashboard looks good and without the shadow patch (in VR), the cockpit looks also good.
At first, i was thinking about a shadow patcher glitch, but as other cars doesn't produce the same behaviour, perhaps the texture used to create that carbon fiber effect contains something special.
That's far from beeing a big deal because removing PP filters is an easy workaround but if you found a way to fix it, it will be even better.

I also have a problem with the Vortex.
I was driving on Road Atlanta 2016 and the bottom row of the LCD display was flickering.
Also, the weird glitch with the black lines coming from the Tornado was sometimes pretty extreme.
Happened to me on Laguna Seca.

The cars general steering behaviour is a bit wierd for me. All feels very loose in straight line especially the Vortex. I use G29 "i know it has some looseness in the middle" but I cant feel this on Kunos cars.
When I start to turn it feels like a bus or something big and heavy, it doesn't "turn" it want to kill the corner and everything around it. :D Hope You get what I mean. ;)

Btw, how does that restrictor from kunos working? in % ?
Example. When the Ferrucio get 500 horsepower and i make in the entrylist at the restrictor "1" means that 1% less horsepower from 500 HP ? Also than 495 horsepower?
I thought the same thing , 1 = what ? :roflmao:

No, it seem not so. How i say yesterday. On my server the Ferrucio get now 22% and make the Laptime now arround 0.700 tenth slower. So it is just more interesting to race at Spa. I test more, because i would like to start league next year when all cars are available. Yeeeha ;)

EDIT. Btw the missing three cars. How about make your own MC12 GT1 and dont make the 575? Well, the 575 was hmm how i say, unnecessary at this time :thumbsup:

No, it seem not so. How i say yesterday. On my server the Ferrucio get now 22% and make the Laptime now arround 0.700 tenth slower. So it is just more interesting to race at Spa. I test more, because i would like to start league next year when all cars are available. Yeeeha ;)

EDIT. Btw the missing three cars. How about make your own MC12 GT1 and dont make the 575? Well, the 575 was hmm how i say, unnecessary at this time :thumbsup:
I think the 575 is already in the making, switching now would probably annoy some people, especially @garyjpaterson

We could ask a little clarification from @kunos on restrictors ? :D

That´s all information from Kunos about "Restrictors"

RESTRICTOR!
From 0 to 100, cuts the car's engine power. 100=100% restrictor plate. It limits power in the top range of the power band, will not kill total power. Effective handicap depends on car and track, experimentation needed. Advantage over BALLAST is that it does not affect handling. 0=no restrictor plate, maintains original power

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.