AC RSS FIA GT @ Road America - Sunday 8th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Some notes for later.

The Race server will launch at 1900 utc. If you signed up you should have been added to the the 'AC Sunday Passwords' PM thread. If not message me.

Big enough grid tonight, so remember to be careful into T1/lap1. Big chain reactions are possible with so many cars.
Please remember to brake in a straight line, no sudden changes of direction in the braking zone. That goes for every car but it's worth a reminder as this is a bumpy track and these cars are a handful in this zone at the best of times.

Turning in and exiting the corner, watch out for cars inside and out and stay in lane if you have cars overlapping your own.

Be carefull re-entering the track. If you run wide or have a spin you might have to let a pack of cars through. That's racing, just how it is.

Enjoy the racing.

Some notes for later.

The Race server will launch at 1900 utc. If you signed up you should have been added to the the 'AC Sunday Passwords' PM thread. If not message me.

Big enough grid tonight, so remember to be careful into T1/lap1. Big chain reactions are possible with so many cars.
Please remember to brake in a straight line, no sudden changes of direction in the braking zone. That goes for every car but it's worth a reminder as this is a bumpy track and these cars are a handful in this zone at the best of times.

Turning in and exiting the corner, watch out for cars inside and out and stay in lane if you have cars overlapping your own.

Be carefull re-entering the track. If you run wide or have a spin you might have to let a pack of cars through. That's racing, just how it is.

Enjoy the racing.
I haven't received a pm with the pw yet. Can anybody help via PM?

Had a lovely race, in lap one I found myself in 11th or so, in lap 2 I managed to get to 9th, and then I realized that I made a terrible mistake by going on softs! After lap 6 or so I realized I had to pit. Waited it out until I could top up the tank again and then set off on mediums with about 45+ minutes to go. Not a perfect strat for tyres but I did a ton of solid 2.08 and 2.09 laps!

Had some lovely side by side racing with Paul in there too!

Managed to experiment a bit with how the viper handles under certain conditions and how you can muddle it through different corners. Never managed to figure out The Kink and how to take that at speed.

I do know some changes I plan to make next time I am taking the viper out, there's a bit more corner performance to be found! Also, I was on default gearing, which is a bit long for this track.

Yes; nice racing Casper; I think I was the only one on hards. In practice the mediums just didn't feel right for me and hards might have worked if I hadn’t have stuffed it into the wall at the kink.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
But some good racing and kept Pat busy at the end only for me to follow him off on the grass on the last corner:redface:.
Well done to the podium and thanks Brian for organising; very nice car/ track combo and hopefully a ton of data for BOP but it felt fairly even to me.

Thank you all for not destroying me, and congrats to all of you for surviving! :confused::thumbsup: Sorry for the inconvenience :redface::laugh:

Wew, what a race! A bit on my own after the crash above, but managed to hold it down long enough to catch up to some others later in the race :) Shame about that spin at the end Paul. Wasn't the pass I wanted to make on you and will pretend I didn't :p Definitely want another shot at these :thumbsup:

Congrats to the winners and finishers, and thanks for hosting Brian!

Easyish first half, how I got in that position I will never know, could have done with some pre race information about a pit crew with a tube at the ready.
That made the second half quite frustrating. Lost 5 places , just aimlessly sitting there.
Especially as I dislike these cars with a passion..:confused:

3B5ECFEE-C631-4C0D-AA8A-9E22F1409C43.jpeg
Great driving by all I met, very considerate and a load of fun it was too, well done all and podiums. And the Brian for his great organisation.:)

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone for the super fun event. Congrats to all on superb driving skills... Still going through some growing pains here, and realizing that I've got a lot of improving to do. Didn't help that I was totally flailing in the pits mid-race and couldn't quite figure out how to activate that procedure...

What can i say, just installed AC a couple of months ago and looks like I need to put more time in with it!

Thank you for your patience on track! I might take a break from the online events to improve my skills but looking forward to getting back on track once I've got a better handle on this.
Cheers!

might take a break from the online events to improve my skills but looking forward to getting back on track once I've got a better handle on this.
The best way to practice is to keep on joining ;) Trust me on that one! I think you drove quite well and you should keep at it! These one hour events help a lot with working on consistency for me and you can learn a lot from observing the other drivers.

I totally agree with Casper here Dominic, yes, practice off line but there’s nothing like mixing it with real people and this community is excellent for bringing on skills and helping with set ups.
My problem is concentration, can someone tell me why I wanted to eat some cheese while racing here today?????:D:D:D:D

The best way to practice is to keep on joining ;) Trust me on that one! I think you drove quite well and you should keep at it! These one hour events help a lot with working on consistency for me and you can learn a lot from observing the other drivers.
thank you for the advice and kind words. yes, i don't want to give it up but it's somewhat discouraging seeing a blue flag continuously halfway through the race ;-] i gotta say though, i've never done these 1 hour races before joining up here at RD, and to finish one without constant wrecks and trips off track is a big achievement for me. i'm just white-knuckling it the entire time but i feel satisfied just making to the finish line...

must say, i'm having a blast with sim racing. it's a dream to drive all the beautiful cars on these legendary tracks. i'm sure i'll be back soon, can't resist. i'm totally hooked...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.