AC RSS FIA GT @ Road America - Sunday 8th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
To be honest Brian , I should have known better, I just assumed fuel and tyres would be the same as GT3.
I put it down to a senior moment.:roflmao::roflmao:
If I remember correctly, these cars used the standard fuel hose so yeah.. Try to put in 60L into your petrol powered car with a stop watch :D

Btw if you put "fia GT1 refuel" into Google, at least for my personal ID, Brian's post is on page 2 :roflmao:
Right after some shady mining sites and lots of articles about the fia GT championships without any mentioning of fuel..

Thank you to everyone for the super fun event. Congrats to all on superb driving skills... Still going through some growing pains here, and realizing that I've got a lot of improving to do. Didn't help that I was totally flailing in the pits mid-race and couldn't quite figure out how to activate that procedure...

What can i say, just installed AC a couple of months ago and looks like I need to put more time in with it!

Thank you for your patience on track! I might take a break from the online events to improve my skills but looking forward to getting back on track once I've got a better handle on this.
Cheers!
Dominic, like others have said my advice would definitely to keep on racing with us especially on Wednesdays. For me there is nothing like the incentive of the next race to put in focused practice on AC, there is so much to learn/prep for even us more experienced participants!

FYI I started just under 2 years ago on RD (after probably six months of AC, after coming back from a 10 year Sim Racing break!) and it took me a couple of months to break into the top 10 and then a few more months to get my first win. All the way through this year of improving I've found people at a similar pace to race with enabling me to enjoy every race. So keeping going, you'll get there and have fun along the way!

Last edited:
Another thing @dbx71 :
There's the brilliant "ACTI" telemetry tool for AC.
If takes a few fps if you're cpu limited (mostly not a problem at all when practicing alone or with only a few cars! Just disable it in content manager before a 20+ car race, depending on your cpu).

It records the line, brakes, throttle, steering angle, rpm, shifting, slip angle, camber angle etc etc etc.

The biggest point are the driver inputs and the line though.
No matter how much you slow down a replay and do splitscreen video editing or whatever, you'll never get down to the level of detail of telemetry.
The problem is that the time lies exactly in these details!

If you want, install ACTI and do some hotlaps at Road America with the car of your choice.
It's important to go back to the pits after you did a good lap (teleport is fine) and then drive a few meters out of the pits again to wrap up the stint recording of the good lap.

Then zip me all motec files you have and upload them somewhere (documents/ACTI/.. Somewhere there, at the phone right now).

I'll do a quick analysis for you :)
It's probably a few general things where you need to change the approach/pattern and then a few single moments.

The single moments aren't important for the next track. Only when you want to nail Road America for the next race there.

But the general things can be taken to all tracks and often all cars too!

Using acti + motec got me from the midfield to the front rows with some cars, if I put in the practice!

And it also showed some interesting things like a grippier mx-5 being slower through tight corners, since you don't want to go for max cornering speed. You need to very slightly drift the rear to have a tighter turning radius while already accelerating.

You can't see these things on replays, YouTube etc.

@RasmusP Would you mind if we did another analyze session like with did with Mugello a couple of months ago? I've got a few questions myself that I suspect I could get answered this way ;)

This is the download for ACTI for those interested, though IIRC Rasmus used a different version of MoTeC with a specific layout?

Another thing @dbx71 :
If takes a few fps if you're cpu limited (mostly not a problem at all when practicing alone or with only a few cars! Just disable it in content manager before a 20+ car race, depending on your cpu).

It records the line, brakes, throttle, steering angle, rpm, shifting, slip angle, camber angle etc etc etc.

No matter how much you slow down a replay and do splitscreen video editing or whatever, you'll never get down to the level of detail of telemetry.

If you want, install ACTI and do some hotlaps at Road America with the car of your choice.
It's important to go back to the pits after you did a good lap (teleport is fine) and then drive a few meters out of the pits again to wrap up the stint recording of the good lap.

Then zip me all motec files you have and upload them somewhere (documents/ACTI/.. Somewhere there, at the phone right now).

It's probably a few general things where you need to change the approach/pattern and then a few single moments.

The single moments aren't important for the next track. Only when you want to nail Road America for the next race there.

Using acti + motec got me from the midfield to the front rows with some cars, if I put in the practice!

And it also showed some interesting things like a grippier mx-5 being slower through tight corners, since you don't want to go for max cornering speed. You need to very slightly drift the rear to have a tighter turning radius while already accelerating.

thank you Rasmus, you are incredibly helpful and never cease to amaze me with your technical knowledge! i will check into ACTI so that i can start getting a better feel on where to improve my lap times!

wow, you guys are super accommodating and helpful! so much good advice and info here and a real pleasure to have joined up with such a supportive community.

yes, i guess we're all just here for the same reason: to have fun sim racing! that is the most important thing. doesn't matter which sim platform you prefer, or where you come from, we all share a love for automobiles and motorsports. i'm sure that, if given the opportunity, many of you could have been (or can still be!) top-notch race car drivers!

thank you all once again, i'm ready to sign up for some more events!

Dominic, like others have said my advice would definitely to keep on racing with us especially on Wednesdays. For me there is nothing like the incentive of the next race to put in focused practice on AC, there is so much to learn/prep for even us more experienced participants!

FYI I started just under 2 years ago on RD (after probably six months of AC, after coming back from a 10 year Sim Racing break!) and it took me a couple of months to break into the top 10 and then a few more months to get my first win. All the way through this year of improving I've found people at a similar pace to race with enabling me to enjoy every race. So keeping going, you'll get there and have fun along the way!
similar to my story: getting back into sim racing after maybe 15-year hiatus. used to love to play Grand Prix Legends (yep, when it first came out) and then GTR2. Still play those from time to time today.

got sidetracked along the way getting married and raising 3 kids, then extremely busy with my career.

finally, kids are growing up and find myself with more time to spend on my favorite hobby, racing!

incidently, i've been playing around with ACC and AMS2 as well, but find the driving experience is just more satisfying in AC.

It , from my perspective, is to try and get competitive for the mid field, just below and just above. ( which is what I set out to achieve, when joining this
fantastic group )
That also takes into account a very close field, does happen, so even if you are at the back, a bit of good fortune can see you easily into the top ten, with the pace to hold it.

One, reliable pace is paramount.

Two, if you are too quick, you end up by yourself alienating you from were the fun is, or worst still spending all your time alone. With the outcome of joining another fast online group, being at the back again and gaining nothing.

Three, if you are fast enough to win good prize money, then that is not a fun hobby, but a job.
:)

Last edited:
Another thing @dbx71 :

for starters, my pit was a fiasco. if you want to see for yourself, i'm car 17 in the replay, beginning at around 41:45 i enter the pits... couldnt quite figure out if i was positioned correctly, or if i was supposed to do something. probably lost almost 3 minutes there. almost bailed out of race (rage-quit lol), but finally got it lined up correctly and saw the pit icons going through the steps for re-fuel, tires, etc. man, that was painful.

PS; for some reason, when i watch your reply, it takes place on a stormy night! the whole thing is going down in the dark... i'm probably missing another setting...

similar to my story: getting back into sim racing after maybe 15-year hiatus. used to love to play Grand Prix Legends (yep, when it first came out) and then GTR2. Still play those from time to time today.

got sidetracked along the way getting married and raising 3 kids, then extremely busy with my career.

finally, kids are growing up and find myself with more time to spend on my favorite hobby, racing!

incidently, i've been playing around with ACC and AMS2 as well, but find the driving experience is just more satisfying in AC.
Sounds a very very similar story (career, wife, kids, and more spare time now they're getting older and doing they're own thing!). Basically you're going to be very welcome with lots in common with us all here. :)

I've got ACC too but finding AC gives me all I want/need thanks to the mass of mods available (and I believe the focus benefits my AC performance).

Fast as you can into the pits, wait for the game to slow you, look for the lolly pop man and your illuminated grid, can still see it if another car is in front of your pit stop. Get in to first gear near your pit box, then into neutral as you enter your pit box, very carefully, you may save a few tenths but will lose a lot of seconds if you get it wrong. If you have a clutch, then stay in first.
If it is any more difficult, then something is amiss.

Fast as you can into the pits, wait for the game to slow you, look for the lolly pop man and your illuminated grid, can still see it if another car is in front of your pit stop. Get in to first gear near your pit box, then into neutral as you enter your pit box, very carefully, you may save a few tenths but will lose a lot of seconds if you get it wrong. If you have a clutch, then stay in first.
If it is any more difficult, then something is amiss.
excellent! i'm gonna save this post! i didnt even realize you could fly into the pit entry like that... when i saw rasmus do it in replay i was stunned.

thank you sir!

for starters, my pit was a fiasco. if you want to see for yourself, i'm car 17 in the replay, beginning at around 41:45 i enter the pits... couldnt quite figure out if i was positioned correctly, or if i was supposed to do something. probably lost almost 3 minutes there. almost bailed out of race (rage-quit lol), but finally got it lined up correctly and saw the pit icons going through the steps for re-fuel, tires, etc. man, that was painful.

PS; for some reason, when i watch your reply, it takes place on a stormy night! the whole thing is going down in the dark... i'm probably missing another setting...
Try switching off Weather FX in CSP. This is usually the cause.

@RasmusP Would you mind if we did another analyze session like with did with Mugello a couple of months ago? I've got a few questions myself that I suspect I could get answered this way ;)

This is the download for ACTI for those interested, though IIRC Rasmus used a different version of MoTeC with a specific layout?
In theory I'm happy to do it!
Tight schedule until second week of February but then I should be free for some sessions! :)

If you have any questions I could answer in between, feel free to ask!

My motec version is the latest iirc.
Available for free on the motec site directly.
At first launch it will ask to convert your existing workspace (layout preset, channel setup etc) to the new version.
There was a big update between the version from 2-3 years ago and the old version that comes with acti.
excellent! i'm gonna save this post! i didnt even realize you could fly into the pit entry like that... when i saw rasmus do it in replay i was stunned.

thank you sir!
Haha yeah but beware, that's only for AC!!
If you enter the pits like me in rF2 or ACC, you get an instant DQ and your race is over :D

The weather question got already answered, nice :)
The issue there is when a server doesn't use sol but the recording client has it installed but disabled and then a third person with it installed and enabled watches that replay...
It becomes a mess!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back