AC RSS FIA GT @ Road America - Sunday 8th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I totally agree with Casper here Dominic, yes, practice off line but there’s nothing like mixing it with real people and this community is excellent for bringing on skills and helping with set ups.
My problem is concentration, can someone tell me why I wanted to eat some cheese while racing here today?????:D:D:D:D
lol, alright you guys got me... i will practice off line until i can get to the point where i can enjoy some warm brie with bread while screaming down the straight in a lambo!

and you're right, i can see that racing here will inspire one to level up their own skills. still can't get over those 2;03 lap times i saw during qualification...

Thank you all for not destroying me, and congrats to all of you for surviving! :confused::thumbsup: Sorry for the inconvenience :redface::laugh:

Wew, what a race! A bit on my own after the crash above, but managed to hold it down long enough to catch up to some others later in the race :) Shame about that spin at the end Paul. Wasn't the pass I wanted to make on you and will pretend I didn't :p Definitely want another shot at these :thumbsup:

Congrats to the winners and finishers, and thanks for hosting Brian!
nice one! that could've been much worse. you recovered nicely and made a good run with that very tough to drive monster.

btw, where can i go to see the entire replay...?

Nice racing tonight. Unfortunately I was undone early by a poorly calibrated clutch pedal.. Apparently 97% clutch can give you a drive through, even though the car didn't move an inch :( Made a nice start up to P6 to make it worse!! :(

Still though, nice battles with Jorge and Rasmus for the remainder of the race :D Could have finished many ways!!

Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_lilski_road_america_9-0-123-0-9-28.jpg

Next week we're at Road Atlanta. Hope you can make it!!

Thank you all for not destroying me, and congrats to all of you for surviving! :confused::thumbsup: Sorry for the inconvenience :redface::laugh:
Haha yeah that was quite a moment there! Somehow we all survived pretty well!

thank you for the advice and kind words. yes, i don't want to give it up but it's somewhat discouraging seeing a blue flag continuously halfway through the race ;-] i gotta say though, i've never done these 1 hour races before joining up here at RD, and to finish one without constant wrecks and trips off track is a big achievement for me. i'm just white-knuckling it the entire time but i feel satisfied just making to the finish line...

must say, i'm having a blast with sim racing. it's a dream to drive all the beautiful cars on these legendary tracks. i'm sure i'll be back soon, can't resist. i'm totally hooked...
and you're right, i can see that racing here will inspire one to level up their own skills. still can't get over those 2;03 lap times i saw during qualification...
Just keep joining!
When you got the blue flag for Jorge and then me, you drove perfectly and it really didn't occur to me that you would be new or slow or whatever!
Taming these beasts around Road America is pretty difficult! So don't be discouraged by being a bit slower than the rest. If you join some of the other events, you'll get up to speed very quickly and if you ask on Discord or in these threads whenever a question occurs, you'll have a nice experience within a few weeks :)
btw, where can i go to see the entire replay...?
You'll probably have to set the replay settings first to have the full race on record?
Here are my settings (are you using Content Manager and CSP?):
AC_Replay_Settings.jpg

AC_Replay_CSP_Settings.jpg

My replay is here:

Apparently 97% clutch can give you a drive through, even though the car didn't move an inch :(
Yeah :(
I went through the same and my clutch now has 10% deadzone at both ends...
Still though, nice battles with Jorge and Rasmus for the remainder of the race :D Could have finished many ways!
Yep, that was a lot of fun!
Next post contains my highlights video that took waaaaay too much of my sleep to get done :D
Had some fun with the captions :p

But I finally got around to get used to Davinci Resolved after Vegas Pro crashes when trying to render anything with the 7600X and Win 11.
It's the most unstable program I've ever come across so about time to ditch it.
Davinci renders so much faster and the playback is so much smoother... The interface is pretty weird at first though....

Happy that this event pushed me to finally really use Davinci!

Last edited:
Now onto the good stuff, lol :D

That race was AWESOME!
Screenshot_rss_gt_tornado_v12_lilski_road_america_9-1-123-1-1-38.jpg

And although I'm not that happy by how my personal skin turned out back when the car pack was created, it's pretty damn cool to have my own nameplate in the car and also my name on the car, with the RD username on the top :D
RSS_Lister_NamePlate.jpg

RSS_Lister_Names.jpg

And here's the hightlights video. Hope you enjoy it!
It'll take an hour to be ready in HD.. Probably not an issue at 4am in the morning since no one apart from Robert would be awake to watch it :roflmao:

Beware, I'm using quite a heavy bass boost when racing and it's in the video too. I like the punchy and deep sounds but if your subwoofer starts to wander around, you'll know why :D

I tried to cut it as short as possible while not being too fast paced.
Had some fun with the captions... Are they too much or good for keeping the attention and fun? :cautious::whistling:

Last edited:
@dbx71 I think we've all been where you are at one point or another :) As others have said, racing here might be more "trial by fire" than offline, but we all come to race every week knowing we all have a variety of practice time and skill and everyone just wants to have some fun

If you're not already doing the wednesday races (if you can make it), I highly recommend those. As someone who's put in more hours than I should on this game :D even these cars today gave me a hard time and sent me to the rear for a bit! Only missed seeing a blue flag myself because of pit stop timing. Don't let speed up front discourage you either. Many of us see those times and have the same reaction as you do... how... :O_o::roflmao:

@RasmusP I was once again impressed by the racers here :thumbsup: And super relieved I didn't take anyone else down with me :laugh: And yes, "late night" race department isn't the busiest place, got some time to let the video process to HD :D

Last edited:
No wonder Brian tried to pass you on the grass, that bump in that last turn you had on him was just plain bullying :roflmao::roflmao: Nice recap! Great driving all around. 2 wide through turns in these is tough work. For something longer than a couple minutes I think the captions worked :thumbsup:

Not the best promotional material for the Saleen marketing team though :p

@dbx71 I think we've all been where you are at one point or another :) As others have said, racing here might be more "trial by fire" than offline, but we all come to race every week knowing we all have a variety of practice time and skill and everyone just wants to have some fun

If you're not already doing the wednesday races (if you can make it), I highly recommend those. As someone who's put in more hours than I should on this game :D even these cars today gave me a hard time and sent me to the rear for a bit! Only missed seeing a blue flag myself because of pit stop timing. Don't let speed up front discourage you either. Many of us see those times and have the same reaction as you do... how... :O_o::roflmao:

@RasmusP I was once again impressed by the racers here :thumbsup: And super relieved I didn't take anyone else down with me :laugh: And yes, "late night" race department isn't the busiest place, got some time to let the video process to HD :D
thanks Robert. as always, i appreciate the advice and words of encouragement. yeah, honestly, it was somewhat frustrating to see that i was still WAY back by the end of the race, even after putting a decent amount of time into practice with that car and track, watching youtube vidoes, etc...
i'm going to make an effort to sign up for the wednesday races, the last one was fun, and definitely filled with lessons for me :coffee:
i'm determined to move my way up the pack... !

Just keep joining!
When you got the blue flag for Jorge and then me, you drove perfectly and it really didn't occur to me that you would be new or slow or whatever!
Taming these beasts around Road America is pretty difficult! So don't be discouraged by being a bit slower than the rest. If you join some of the other events, you'll get up to speed very quickly and if you ask on Discord or in these threads whenever a question occurs, you'll have a nice experience within a few weeks :)

You'll probably have to set the replay settings first to have the full race on record?
View attachment 629883

View attachment 629884

My replay is here:

Next post contains my highlights video that took waaaaay too much of my sleep to get done :D

But I finally got around to get used to Davinci Resolved after Vegas Pro crashes when trying to render anything with the 7600X and Win 11.
Davinci renders so much faster and the playback is so much smoother... The interface is pretty weird at first though....

Just keep joining!

View attachment 629883

View attachment 629884

My replay is here:

Awesome! Thanks Rasmus! Yes, that's what happened to my replay. I was only seeing around 2 minutes of every event because i never moved the slider up to capture more replay time.... duh... ok, now i've got it cranked up so i can see the entire event next time.

Awesome! Thanks Rasmus! Yes, that's what happened to my replay. I was only seeing around 2 minutes of every event because i never moved the slider up to capture more replay time.... duh... ok, now i've got it cranked up so i can see the entire event next time.
and thanks for sharing the replay. i was dying to be able to watch that.

lol, alright you guys got me... i will practice off line until i can get to the point where i can enjoy some warm brie with bread while screaming down the straight in a lambo!

Dont worry too much about quali. lap times. Impressive, yes. But consistent lapping is more important in a race.
We have all been where you are, being lapped and wondering how you are going to step it up a gear. For me, it was and still is the fact that we can actually be a part of our passion for racing cars in a world we would not think possible years ago and doing it with a bunch of great guys who enjoy it as much as yourself. Hey, you reacted to the blue flags just fine unlike a couple of new drivers who wanted to race you rather than be lapped.
Just keep signing up on a weekly basis and improve as you go just like the rest of us try to do.
Not about winning, more about taking part for most of us.

I was a bit surprised by taking the pole as I did not tinker too much with setup. A high 2'02 was certainly possible but didn't get the lap together.

I didn't put my car in gear before the lights went out and Reik had a great start and jumped me. For about 15 minutes we were quite equal on pace but after that I started to suffer from the tire wear. I didn't try any stint length and didn't expect the medium to go off so quickly. Reik (also on mediums) pulled away, not sure if the Saleen was grippier at that point or he just coped with the tires wearing better. We stopped at the same time mid-race, I was some 8 seconds behind at that point and jumped him in the pits. Not sure if the refueling of the Lamborghini goes faster. I took 24 liters there and started with 100.. Same story for the second stint, later in the stint Reik had a clear advantage in pace. He did overtake me nicely going into T1. I had to slow down too much for that corner on the inside and lost all speed but nicely done! I finished the race in P2 some 8 seconds behind again. Good race all in all, no mistakes and it was fun to drive.

About the warping, it was odd. Was it server related or me? I saw cars warping around me quite a bit but my ping seemed to be quite steady 40-ish. Sorry if it was me @Cristian Haba .. I never have this issue.

Just a small tip for the blue flags. Not sure who it was but I had a few who decelerated on the racing line into a corner. Try doing so off the racing line if possible. Just a small remark as the blue flag was well respected.

Thanks Brian for putting this together and looking forward to the next one with these cars!

Last edited:
No wonder Brian tried to pass you on the grass, that bump in that last turn you had on him was just plain bullying :roflmao::roflmao: Nice recap!
I got a new wheel... just set it up this week. Fix #1 Last minute push to talk button I think is my flashers! Wasn't being rude :) Will check that. Fix #2 Sorted the clutch last night. Fix #3 That spin into T3 was a double downshift to neutral, put it back into first to try and stop at the apex and it spun 90' right into rasmus' passenger door. Lucky he carried on as it was a decent bang. Maybe need more debounce or just practice. They're magnetic shifters, alot different that the g29 ones. Don't know what it is but I find them a big change on engine braking!

I enjoyed the video captions @RasmusP :thumbsup:

@dbx71 It all about small improvements every week as this post illustrates!

I made this in 20 minutes with davinci rasmus. I enjoy doing the bit of editing. Its nice when you get used to it, but you need to youtube search how to do everything!

Eh, I am not the fastest in quali so I don't worry about that. For some reason I am really good at getting off the line and use that to my advantage, plus people often race in Quali trim with a different setup from the race pace, so especially in the first few laps you will find that you often drive with people at roughly equal speed!

I honestly often quali in race trim and setup... I'm silly like that ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%