RSR Rehab Suggestions

So with RSR shutting down in March does anyone know of any other live timing systems available for AC?

RSR was the most enjoyable thing to do in single player, I really hope there will be some alternative once it is gone :cry::cry::cry:

They accused me of cheating and modifying every KN5 track file which is completely untrue, so I don’t think their detection methods are 100% as I flagged their system twice as two false positives. They gave me an undeserved telling off and then reset my account.

Yeah that would be good. I don't use CM as a launcher (I use it for many other things) but would certainly make full use of a leaderboard if one was created.

Maybe community vote against cheaters could be a thing? It would have to be quite a large number to pass the vote. I guess this is a large issue for any would be leaderboard creators but even with no cheat support or some sort of user voting system it would be very welcome.

Think of all the free time you will have chasing down that last 0.1 or (0.5-1.5 seconds in my case :roflmao:)

I spent ~100 laps one weekend trying to get in to top 5 with Mclaren 650S GT3 at Spa. mid 2:15.

Than some guy comes along does 400+ laps/attempts and does 2:14.

At that point I realized other guys are crazy fast and I am just wasting my time.

Removed RSR and started racing with SRS where enjoyment is x100 times more fun.

I don't think I have any +1000's on the current RSR leaderboards but on previous builds/prior to wipes I've put 1000's of kilometers into single combos on RSR trying to go that little bit faster as well :laugh:

SRS is good if you like modern race cars and don't mind waiting a long time for a single race and racing without any real safety system I guess.

They accused me of cheating and modifying every KN5 track file which is completely untrue, so I don’t think their detection methods are 100% as I flagged their system twice as two false positives. They gave me an undeserved telling off and then reset my account.

This is very hard work. You can't just let actual cheaters take over. So you work on that and now you are rolling over innocent ones, too. Sophisticated cheaters never get bothered of course.

Hotlaps in car racing games will be very hard to make more cheat-proof.

It could work this way:
Ok so we know that the RSR app was the only thing we got back in the days when there was no MP.
So let's now assume we must connect to an online server that use Stracker to record a hotlap (quali or practice I don't remember).
Why ?
Well first, you must match server content to connect (becomes a lot harder to cheat right ?).
You could benefit from slipstream or avoid contact with someone that missed apex (becomes more exiting and difficult to do a clean lap)
In this scenario there is a feature to add to Stracker (could be paid monthly for those interested), the server will send valid lap times to a master server (or even more than one like one master server by region), so we can all enjoy a world wild leaderboard, with tons and tons of combos and conditions.

And if in case that someone run a server with Stracker with let's say cheater content, he will first pay the feature (that's sound stupid), and could be reported anyway once his lap time appears online.

I spent ~100 laps one weekend trying to get in to top 5 with Mclaren 650S GT3 at Spa.
you-gotta-pump-those-numbers-up-those-are-rookie-numbers.jpg

5m9tnh

It could work this way:
Ok so we know that the RSR app was the only thing we got back in the days when there was no MP.
So let's now assume we must connect to an online server that use Stracker to record a hotlap (quali or practice I don't remember).
Why ?
Well first, you must match server content to connect (becomes a lot harder to cheat right ?).
You could benefit from slipstream or avoid contact with someone that missed apex (becomes more exiting and difficult to do a clean lap)
In this scenario there is a feature to add to Stracker (could be paid monthly for those interested), the server will send valid lap times to a master server (or even more than one like one master server by region), so we can all enjoy a world wild leaderboard, with tons and tons of combos and conditions.

And if in case that someone run a server with Stracker with let's say cheater content, he will first pay the feature (that's sound stupid), and could be reported anyway once his lap time appears online.
Something like that would be nice, like a communal lapstats page which hotlap servers can share. The positive would be some cheat protection (but this relies on admin to setup the server correctly I think) and the negative it might limit the selection of cars and tracks a lot... there would probably be a million and one Spa GT3/GT2 hotlap servers, quite a lot of Nordschleife road car servers and not much else. It would be really good if we could create something like the Weekly Hotlap Challenge on the AC forum or the events on RSR where we can set challenges via the lapstats page.

Of course people could set up servers to do only hot lap, but remember that a lot of leagues are using Stracker with mod content, and are running not only gt3 series, so I think we could still be able to compare a lot of combos :)
Not just leagues but plenty of servers in general. I think something like this could be done either way (ignoring any practical issues as I have no clue how this sourcery works.)

A global lapstat/current server filter (I think I requested something like this once on the AC forum but didn't get a reply from NEYS... or maybe that was when I asked for restrictor % to be included like ballast is) so we can filter out all but times on the current server or view global times.

OR

Some sort of communal stracker that server admin can choose to use for hotlap servers.

The latter might encourage hotlap specific servers (running always at 100% grip for a start) and hopefully with a larger variety of cars & tracks available.

We had something like this here on RD but it got shut down just after a week...
I assume it was for premium members only?
I would love a PC only version of the WHC, the current one is for all platforms so only features vanilla content. Challenges at mod tracks, a hillclimb challenge at Krajiska Zmija for example would be really interesting.

Anyway lets hope someone comes up with something, RSR gives me a reason to fire up AC sometimes and I for one will be quite lost without it.

Last edited:
Moving the "event engine" server-side will be very hard for racing games. Turn-base wargames have an easier time, but racing games need the feedback from the calculations too fast for their interactive interface. The best you could do is probably to re-compute all events and outcomes on the server in addition to the client (asynchronously, might lag behind the engine the user was racing on).

But the problem here is that the outcome of computer arithmetic is a lot less reproducible as you might think. Some differences in IEEE floating point implementations (valid ones) between different processors have been documented in the past. But now it gets a lot more complicated since some of the computation for event outcomes might be offloaded to the graphics card.

And there are computer errors. Graphics cards in particular don't only lack ECC memory, they deliberately choose less reliable RAM for speed reasons. Some (not many) gamers overclock their CPUs, which might lead to errors on a small enough rate that the user thinks it is acceptable, but would disable the ability to reproduce the lap in an additional physics run on the server. You would toss laps that were perfectly valid and non-cheating from the user's perspective.

The great thing about RSR was that it did NOT had you hotlap on a specific server but that you could have the app running at any time, no matter what mode or session you were in (as long as you would have penalties on) and your fastest laptimes if deemed legit by Assetto Corsa would be documented on RSR.

THIS to me was the single one KILLER FEATURE of RSR.
I was never and will never be a hotlapper - I just have no interest in that sport.
I always used RSR to both get an idea of where I am on a certain new track + car combination and also to remember what my best laptimes were when hopping into a car on a certain track again after a while.

I loved RSR for that and think this really should be a MUST HAVE FEATURE of any current racing sim out of the factory.

SMS with PC2 kind of try to market an "integration" of eSports into their current racing game but compared to the Assetto Corsa + RSR app combination it really s…s in actual use and is a far cry from what their marketing had made you believe.

RSR functionality combined with the possibilities of Content Manager (there are actually fastest laptimes referenced in Content Manager) would be a wonderful thing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back