Resource icon

Cars Rover Mini Cooper 1.3i 0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dear Dinca,
I really love your Mini. I think the physics are excellent and I hope you haven't given up on the project.
I hope you won't mind a few suggestions and comments...
The aero.ini needs the [DATA] section removing to run in 1.1+
The Skins won't load because they are named SkinBase_DEFAULT.dds instead of template final2.dds. (Except for the Mr. Bean one).
The car seems to 'glow' for some reason and it makes the skins appear illuminated.
The inside of the rims should be much darker as they also glow. I know nothing about 3D modelling, but if it's possible to produce a coloured model perhaps it should be grey or black rather than white (??).
The chrome grill is also a bit too bright.
The Diff is better set to all zeros, otherwise the understeer is too much and I'm not sure you can put an LSD on a Mini. (With a zero front ARB and a 1750Nm rear it has great lift-off oversteer.)
The lights don't work, including the brake lights, although I expect you are aware of that.
I hope you don't take this as criticism because that is not my intention. I would rather that you take it as encouragement to carry on because the car is such great fun to drive.

Personally I would love to see a classic version with 10 inch wheels.

Please keep up the good work!

Hey thanks and dont wory,we are open to anyone opinions and reviews so to answer a few of your questions,yes,they are fixed for next version 0.2 that is but first i would like to explain how thing work.
I do the 3D model and textures,@CCX is making the car run in game and @Kitrinos Kat sounds makes the car vroooom!! hehehe
I can tell you that most of the thing you said are fixed and a v0.2 is soon to be released.
  • There will be working skins and a few default skins
  • The car shader is updated and all related things
  • Rims are updated aswell but nothing final yet (everything is subject to change)
  • Chrome part less shiny
  • Working lights/brakelights (tail lights)
  • and many more big and small changes
Alot of things to be added and changed...we are only at v0.2 hehehe...

image.jpg

Reactions: CCX
Thanks @Rufus Baggsby for your suggestions - totally agree with you. To be honest, I made the S2 version very quickly so was never really happy with it. I will test out the rear ARB you mention and also remove the LSD and dial in the setup better for 0.2. Should be a big improvement hopefully!

Wow, 0.2 is looking great and I can't wait for the Mini Miglia. Considering it's only at v0.2 the package you have all put together is excellent. I find that many mod cars (and even some of the Dream Pack ones) have really dodgy underpinnings, with no suspension travel and ARBs at 70,000 or even 250,000 Nms - which is mental. Then you discover that they need such a high value to prevent them from falling over in the corners. However, you chaps have created a great foundation to develop upon.
The 0.2 chrome looks just right in the pitlane shadows, although maybe the paintwork appears a little semi-gloss. Sorry, there I go again :)

Excellent work!

PS: That Mini Milgia would look great with a Mk1 Cooper S grill:
amiandgerb.jpg

Yes,the paint is glossy now...its a test for people...last time was to shiny hehehe...lets see what reviews we get and I'll chnge it...easy fix.
The mkII is mkI facelift...basically they share the same body structure...@CCX could explain it better i m sure.Anything is possible but we want to finish this 2 models and move to something new...or old?! hehehe

@Paul Middleton and @Ericjames. I tested the car's performance extensively and its acceleration matches the claimed figures which Rover released back in 1996 for this model. I own a Mini myself and trust me, I know they feel fast but this performance is accurate. This being the Sports Pack model also makes it slower as it has more drag + resistance from the wider tyres, as well as a higher FD ratio which slows acceleration. But if the standard car is too slow, that's why we've added the S1 and S2 versions :)

Congratulations on this guys!

I just gave the 0.2 version (Step 2) a blast around the Nordschleife tourist circuit. It was great fun, and very, very close to driving a real mini. I used the Step 2 version as it has way more power, and possibly lower gearing? Anyway, it's handling felt very much like the real thing, particularly on lift off oversteer. That was just great.

I own a 1968 Mk1 Morris Cooper 'S' (10" wheel variety) and your model, although of a quite different car, comes the closest I have found to the real thing in any simulation.

Well done!
Trevor

If you are interested,
http://www.shannons.com.au/club/enthusiasts/justright/garage/1968-morris-cooper-s-mk1/photos/

Last edited:
Congratulations! Superb job chaps. Looks, performance, handling and sound are spot-on imo.

I bought my first Mini 42 years ago and I've owned a few since then, damned if your latest version isn't making me want to get another one.

Can't wait for the Mini Miglia. :)

Congratulations! Superb job chaps. Looks, performance, handling and sound are spot-on imo.

I bought my first Mini 42 years ago and I've owned a few since then, damned if your latest version isn't making me want to get another one.

Can't wait for the Mini Miglia. :)
Thanks a lot, I made the changes to the physics from your suggestions and I definitely think they improved things. I started work on the Miglia physics a little while ago and I'm sure it's going to be a hell of a lot of fun to drive if I do it justice! Really want to make sure I get the tyres spot on, that will be the biggest challenge for that car. Will have to do some testing at the weekend.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back