rF2 Rookies Week | Multiclass @ Hockenheim - Fri 02 Dec 2022 *All Free Content!*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Ole Marius Myrvold
Did you try the porker? It overheats the brakes from the second lap you take onwards, no matter which brake duct blanking one uses. Cannot even do a Qualy lap, because brakes heat up to over 600 C by the end of the out lap and stay there pretty much all the time. Dunno what to make of it, especially that we have a huge braking zone at the end of the back straight.

Last edited:
@Ole Marius Myrvold
Did you try the porker? It overheats the brakes from the second lap you take onwards, no matter which brake duct blanking one uses. Cannot even do a Qualy lap, because brakes heat up to over 600 C by the end of the out lap and stay there pretty much all the time. Dunno what to make of it, especially that we have a huge braking zone at the end of the back straight.

I did - on multiple tracks as well, trying to find a combo that worked, with a fairly known track, and cars with enough speed difference over time to enable lapping, without being very dangerous.

I had no issues with the Porsche (or Clio).

Okay. Thank you Ole.
My brake pedal goes long on a second lap no matter what settings I use.
That means I will sit this one out, don't wanna end up running into somebody cause my brakes failed. :(

Okay. Thank you Ole.
That means I will sit this one out, don't wanna end up running into somebody cause my brakes failed. :(
If I get chance I'll test the Porsche and see if I get the same issue.

Okay. Thank you Ole.
Turned a couple of laps, seemed to work ok for me. The car feels a bit weird though at first I have to say. I think the brake ducts work the other way round in this car, so heighest number seems to to be the most open and coolest. Also the brake balance is far to the front. I changed it to the rear as much as possible but the car starts to get unstable. Seems like to have to make it a bit unstable so that it's just about bearable.
Can give you my setup if you wanna try

I think we might be able to get away with just changing front tyres in the pit stop. Does that make the stop any quicker?

I think we might be able to get away with just changing front tyres in the pit stop. Does that make the stop any quicker?

That I didn't bother to test - as I only changed the fronts when I tested that it worked like it should and not take minutes :p
I'm doing some testing for next weeks event after I've eaten a bit, so can test that as well. I would assume it would be enough to only change fronts. Though, that miiight make it a bit oversteery.

18 sec difference between Front or 4 wheels.
Seems like it simulates jacking up the front, changing front tyres, and then simulating putting it down, pulling out the jack, carrying around the car and then jack up the rear! Quite realistic, but ye, 18 seconds to save there :p

18 sec difference between Front or 4 wheels.
Seems like it simulates jacking up the front, changing front tyres, and then simulating putting it down, pulling out the jack, carrying around the car and then jack up the rear! Quite realistic, but ye, 18 seconds to save there :p
Okie doke, thanks for testing dude!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back