AC Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Silverstone (Live Stream) - Friday March 31, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Congratulations everyone. Great race with @ionONE1 and @terrazi . Being 1 second apart all race long was hard but very enjoyable.

Bonus : here is how close we were on the second to last lap

Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_ks_silverstone_1-4-117-0-28-1.jpg

So much fun, like you say a shame I had to pull out at the very end! :roflmao:

I just watched the stream, that looked great! I didn't realize that your car broke down, I thought you stopped to capture the finish.
Btw, I didn't cause the accident where you got rear ended, it was the back marker, I only bumped into you after you span, because I couldn't change my course on such short notice mid corner.

I just watched the stream, that looked great! I didn't realize that your car broke down, I thought you stopped to capture the finish.
Btw, I didn't cause the accident where you got rear ended, it was the back marker, I only bumped into you after you span, because I couldn't change my course on such short notice mid corner.
I know, that is why I thanked you for staying behind, because you werent the one who hit me, yet you stayed behind anyways. :thumbsup:

hi
that was fair from all sides (and nice to have such battles). I have problems to "see" cars if they are on the left and right but i think a can sort it out. Sorry if i drive someone to near but i hope this are rookie races to learn such things.
thx to all
hape
PS and thx for the nice video. So you are looking around wit VR?

Please don't think there is any "bad feeling" from me - quite the opposite, I really enjoyed it. Little bit of bumping is all part of it (as long as its not dangerous or is detrimental to anyone).

First time in that car and made a few mistakes, and then my wheel decided to disconnect itself from power lead in last chicane!

Yes I use Oculus Rift - its awesome :thumbsup:

Good video Adrian - you saw me trying to catch Franklin up pretty well there. It was a nice race but yes there was a lot of aggression on Lap 1, myself maybe caught up in it too. Calm laps required I think in future.

hi
that was fair from all sides (and nice to have such battles). I have problems to "see" cars if they are on the left and right but i think a can sort it out. Sorry if i drive someone to near but i hope this are rookie races to learn such things.
thx to all
hape
PS and thx for the nice video. So you are looking around wit VR?
I would just use Helicorsa, it's the single best app to avoid crashing and to know where your opponent is. In other sims i use Crewchief (like Adrian Gibson in the video), but Helicorsa is even better, because you know exactly where other cars are around you.
I haven't caused a single accident in AC races with it so far, although being absolute newbie

I believe that was me making the mistake and I am really sorry for that :( Just to make sure other know, I also apologised immidiately just as a note to others:)

It's ok don't worry about it, we heard what you said. Things like that could happen when you don't have a lot of experience, no harm done there.
That's why I said earlier in the race, "drive your own car", don't focus too much on other cars, mind them, but don't "drive" them. It's like a snake effect, you know when a guy plays a flute and snake, fascinated, starts following it? It's sort of the same thing. If you focus too much on opponent's car, you sort of mentally start following it and you aren't really aware of your inputs, braking points and so on. Be aware of your surroundings, but Your car needs Your attention at all times.
Sometimes you learn things from someone, or sometimes you learn it the hard way, non the less its a valuable experience. :)

First race in private server and here in racedepartment and I loved it. I was on server 2 and for my surprise qualified in 3rd, had a good start and stay in 3rd position, with some battles in the middle, until my ping goes to 2000ms with 7 minutes to end and finished in 5th. Some great battles and friendship, what never happens in public servers. I had a lot of fun and I hope I can be in the next race :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back