AC Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup @ Silverstone (Live Stream) - Friday March 31, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great fun server 2 guys. Thanks, Had picked up some places by others mishaps and got a gentle NASCAR nudge near the end of the 4th gear corner before the chicane which looped me. Hope the car was stable ping wise playing from the states?

first few laps it was a fun time getting settled between everyone, after that i got quite bored as everyone behind me practically had gone off and the leaders had blasted off into the distance. last 10 minutes were enjoyable though as the guys in front were battling so hard, and i just went faster and faster, had only done low 1.17's and from out of nowhere i got a 1.16.6, which made me catch up to the guys in front and we had some nice battles in the end.

Pretty intense on the back. :D
dzlPbuz.png

Holy crap these cars are so much fun to drive.. I had the pace to challenge but not the consistency. Plus was knocked off the track 1st lap which didn't help. But fantastic fun and a cracking race. Just wish I could have kept the battle I had with Dave Peat going longer

Great race. @Tobias Röhner really nice fight!

I realized I had my mic on mute during quali and race.. I wanted to add to the VR discussion that was going on but I was talking to myself :D

1. I wear glasses. 8 degrees of nearsightedness.. I never wore contacts and not intending to.. My glasses fit nicely inside the rift
2. Biggest race I had was 90 mins. Problem was that my lenses got a bit foggy during the last 15 minutes. Since then I try to be more relaxed when racing to avoid this..
3. VR does not make you faster. When I first tried it 8 months ago, my mind was overwhelmed from the sense of speed and I was a lot slower than usual. Once you get used to it though, it makes racing and door to door fights a piece of cake. There is no comparison to any screen setup.

I hope I cleared some points. Feel free to ask me anything!!

Great battle @Joseph Wright ! too bad you had to get out of it, but it was a lot of fun. I think we had very different setups as well, because I was faster through fast bends, but you made up time in the bits where you really need to put the power down, which I think your car did better.

Hey everyone,

Absolutely brilliant fun tonight in server 1, had a real blast and couldn't believe how much fun I had out on track today. Had a nice quali and put the car p7 despite making far too many mistakes, then during the race I found myself far too conservative in the opening laps and dropped down the order, but fought back and had a fantastic battle with @Allan Ramsbottom for a few laps with some nice pass and repass action, then found myself in another great and clean fight with @Daniel Horvath I think it was (apologies if it wasn't you mate, it was a Daniel H anyway...! :D). Brilliant end to finish P4 and loved every second of driving the car. Great TS banter and nice chat at the end too for good measure.

As always thanks to the AC staff and @Bram for setting this up for us, great way to spend a Friday night!

Don't forget the next race is up already folks, same car this time at Magione which is a perfect track for these things. Places look like they are getting snapped up rapid, so let's all get signed up nice and early and get ourselves another couple (at least) of servers running!
Link - http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...ione-friday-april-7-2017.133948/#post-2439089

Cheers !

Hey everyone,

Absolutely brilliant fun tonight in server 1, had a real blast and couldn't believe how much fun I had out on track today. Had a nice quali and put the car p7 despite making far too many mistakes, then during the race I found myself far too conservative in the opening laps and dropped down the order, but fought back and had a fantastic battle with @Allan Ramsbottom for a few laps with some nice pass and repass action, then found myself in another great and clean fight with @Daniel Horvath I think it was (apologies if it wasn't you mate, it was a Daniel H anyway...! :D). Brilliant end to finish P4 and loved every second of driving the car. Great TS banter and nice chat at the end too for good measure.

As always thanks to the AC staff and @Bram for setting this up for us, great way to spend a Friday night!

Don't forget the next race is up already folks, same car this time at Magione which is a perfect track for these things. Places look like they are getting snapped up rapid, so let's all get signed up nice and early and get ourselves another couple (at least) of servers running!
Link - http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...ione-friday-april-7-2017.133948/#post-2439089

Cheers !
That was me ;)
But yeah, that was a great nice fight for p4 and I'm glad I could be part of this race today. Good fun, the MX5 cup is fantastic!

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back