Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament - Season 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Results
Round 12 Results.jpg

-------
Don't really have time to add summaries this time, sorry. But, Vietnam, holy crap! Macau v Benin, zzzzzzzz! Highlight, Benin 6 straight undefeated!
-------
Fixture 13 Matchup.jpg

Deadline 2100GMT, Monday, 23 Oct 2017

Alright boys. I've got a massive number of you who haven't given me picks. You know who you are. I'll give you one more day to get them in.

I've come across an unexpected situation in the tables and this is why I've been delayed a little. I have been trying to find an answer in all the rule books online and common practice in international play, with no luck.

After Round 13, we have two teams who are equal on points, equal on Goal DIfferentail, and equal on total goals scored. The only difference between them is that one of the teams has one more win than the other. Now, I would like to reward that fact, but I'm not sure how to add it to the tie-breakers rule.

I've listed the tie-breaker rules as 1) Goal Differential, 2) Total Goals, and 3) Head-to-Head. Should Total Wins not factor into this at all? If yes, where in the order should that be placed? What are your thoughts?

Here's how the Premier League does it.
Teams are ranked by total points, then goal difference, and then goals scored. If still equal, teams are deemed to occupy the same position. If there is a tie for the championship, for relegation, or for qualification to other competitions, a play-off match at a neutral venue decides rank.

Of course, you could just have more wins at number 4) in your list.

So, would you deem a team that gets 10 draws to be on par with a team that goes 5 wins and 5 losses?

Of course, you could just have more wins at number 4) in your list.

I think I will let Wins be #3, then head-to-head be #4. You only play each other twice, so you would have to win both to avoid a play-off. Either case, you'd end up having to beat your opponent twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, as they're on the same number of points.

I think I will let Wins be #3, then head-to-head be #4. You only play each other twice, so you would have to win both to avoid a play-off. Either case, you'd end up having to beat your opponent twice.
Or you win then draw...

Results
Round 13 Results.jpg

Brazil v Macedonia: Macedonia looking for a third straight victory and strike first to stake their claim. Brazil heads to the lockers dejected, but come out strong. They finish off their opponent with three unanswered. Brazil now has five straight undefeated, unheard of when you think about the first half of the season.
Liberia v Malaysia: Malaysia saddened by their string of defeats to lesser opponents, and the team look to still be down in the dumps. Liberia goes up with two goals in the second half, and hands Malaysia their 4th loss in five games.
Vietnam v South Korea: The top two teams on the table fighting for the crown. A goal apiece in the first half gets mirrored in the second. The teams draw at 2-2. South Korea only has two points in the last four games.
Jordan v. Benin: Another bus driver walk-out leaves the Jordan National Team stranded at the hotel. Benin plays anyways as a team of antelope take the field.
Japan v. Kyrgyzstan: The Kyrgyz look to be a sleeper this season...are they about to turn their season around? Japan had their chance to tell them "NO" but decided not to by allowing a late goal.
Central African Republic v Macau: Two teams at the bottom of the table, one working up, another falling down. CAF continue their push to the top and beat the Greens 2-0. Macau's slide has taken them five games since their last win.

Next Matchups:
Fixture 14 Matchup.jpg

Deadline 2100 GMT Monday 30 Oct 2017

I've come across an unexpected situation in the tables and this is why I've been delayed a little. I have been trying to find an answer in all the rule books online and common practice in international play, with no luck.

After Round 13, we have two teams who are equal on points, equal on Goal DIfferentail, and equal on total goals scored. The only difference between them is that one of the teams has one more win than the other. Now, I would like to reward that fact, but I'm not sure how to add it to the tie-breakers rule.

I've listed the tie-breaker rules as 1) Goal Differential, 2) Total Goals, and 3) Head-to-Head. Should Total Wins not factor into this at all? If yes, where in the order should that be placed? What are your thoughts?
Bundesliga has number of away goals in the head-to-head duels as 4), then number of away goals in all games, if it's still tied then a deciding match on neutral grounds.
Think it's different for each league though, seem to recall in Spain 1) is the head-to-head already.

At any rate, I've updated the rules on the first post so all understand how the order works. Hopefully it will be more obvious at the very end and not have to rely on the 4th tie-breaker.

Results
Round 14 Results.jpg

Brazil v Japan: An even match through 45 minutes as we head to the lockers 1-1. Japan, not willing to give up its chance to return to the top of the table, punishes Brazil with 2 unanswered in the second half. Brazil was not prepared for how cold it was for this game.
Liberia v Jordan: A stalemate between to stale teams of late. An early goal from Liberia made it look like an easy win was in the cards, but Jordan netted one of their own in the 61st minute. And there is stayed.
Vietnam v Kyrgyzstan: The Kyrgyz are not giving up this season just yet, as they have been testing every opponent, including the top tier. A goal apiece heading to the lockers, They were playing some of their best football yet. Vietnam's early second half goal didn't scare them one bit, as the immediately tied the game. 2-2 is your final.
South Korea v Macau: Playoff contender South Korea struggling a bit lately, on one win in their last five matches. Macau not expected to put up much of a fight, but somehow managed to keep the game tied through 80 minutes. Luckily, South Korea took a chance on a breakaway to finally get the win.
Malaysia v Macedonia: The Red Lions put up a hefty defense here, and managed to get a goal just before the half. Malaysia would have none of it, though. Fired up by substituting an additional attacker, Malaysia sent two shots of their own to the back of the net.
Central African Republic v Benin: Benin come in today with seven straight undefeated, looking to set a new RD RPS record. CAF set the tone, though, tallying the first goal at the 12th minute. However, just before the whistle, Benin gets their own. In the second half, the CAF goaltender spotted a butterfly, and the Benin shot sailed in easliy. Benin is now 18 points in their last 8 games!

Next Matchups
Benin's hot streak has placed them within striking distance of the top of the table! Their match against Kyrgyzstan will be one to watch.
Fixture 15 Matchup.jpg

Deadline: 2100GMT 2 Nov 2017
Daylight Savings Time ends in the US on 5 Nov. I'll try to be careful about the deadlines I post here.

Results

Round 15 Results.jpg

Liberia v Vietnam: Vietnam leaves nothing to chance here after taking two consecutive draws. Two in the first half, two in the second, they win 4-0. They sit in first place, 5 points clear of their followers.
Benin v Kyrgyzstan: Benin with bit of a scare this match against the Kyrgyz as they allow two unanswered goals. Benin musters up the strength to tie it up, though, in the final minutes and there it stays, 2-2. Benin is now on 9 straight undefeated.
Jordan v Macau: Macau hasn't won in 6 matches, and it took nearly the entire game to tally their first goal. Happy with it, they sit in a defensive posture until the final whistle.
Japan v Macedonia: Japan desperate to save their season hoping for an easy one against Macedonia, but the match proved just the opposite. Japan gets two in the first half, but had to withstand a solid offensive effort for the remaining 45min. Macedonia managed one more, but it was too late to finish the rally.
Central African Republic v Malaysia: CAF managed to keep this one close, 1-1 at the half. But Malaysia proved too strong, and too fast, adding two more near the end of the match.
Brazil v South Korea: Brazil, the king of early strikes, does it again. 1-0 after just 9 minutes, and they go completely defensive the rest of the match.

Next Matchups
Two hotly contested matches in this round between top-ranked opponents. South Korea travels to Malaysia, and Japan hosts Benin. All four teams on 24 points, who can close the gap to Vietnam?
Fixture 16 Matchup.jpg

Deadline: 2100 GMT, Monday 4 Nov 2017
By the way, Daylight savings time ends this weekend in the US, so hopefully I'm not off by an hour.

4-0 ... :confused:
What is sure is that I'm not a cuckold :roflmao:
(does that expression works in english ? in french : "Having the luck of a cuckold")
Not really...............
cuck·old
ˈkəkəld,ˈkəkōld/
noun
archaic
noun: cuckold; plural noun: cuckolds
  1. 1.
    the husband of an adulteress, often regarded as an object of derision.

Results
Round 16 Results.jpg

Liberia v Macau: Liberia 4-0 thrashing last match lit a fire under their butts. They score first against Macau and carry the lead to the lockers. Macau, looking for their first winning streak since Game 3, break out two goals to put the pressure on the Lone Stars. They respond well, though and net a final goal with just 2 minutes to play, tying the game and the match at 2-2
Vietnam v Macedonia: Vietnam carry the leagues second best streak into the match at 7, and Macedonia looking to end their 4 game slide. Macedonia plays all offensive in this match and it's too much for the Golden Stars. Vietnam doesn't score until their opponents already have three. Just Vietam's third loss this season!
South Korea v Malaysia: South Korea's loss to Brazil last match was heart-breaking. Looking for a good results here, but it just turned into a practice session as the opponent never showed up. Not the way they wanted to win, but Coach Tobi says "We'll take whatever we can get!"
Benin v Japan: This was the hottest ticket going this round, proving to be a fast-paced match. The game did not disappoint, with Benin striking first and early. Another goal in the second half and the game looked to be won. But Japan never gives up, bringing out two extra attackers. The gamble almost worked, as Japan got a goal in the 70th minutes, but could not keep the momentum. Benin gets off with the very hard fought win, and extends their unbeaten streak to TEN.
Central African Republic v. Jordan: As usual, Jordan struck gold first after a 0-0 first half. And, as usual, Jordan sat down the rest of the match, allowing CAF two uncontested goals. With one more loss, Jordan could mathematically be knocked out of playoff contention.
Brazil v. Kyrgyzstan: Brazil out early and fast this round, they take a 2-0 lead to the lockers. But, the Kyrgyz have never been ones to give up, and tally 2 of their own to tie up the match. An unfortunate yellow card in the attacking zone gave Brazil a free kick in the final minutes, which they promptly converted into their 3rd goal of the match.

Next Matchups
Just six games remaining in the season, but none of the playoff spots are guaranteed. It could still be anyone to advance, even Jordan! Round 17 brings another great match with Benin, this time against top contender Brazil. Vietnam and Japan both looking to redeem themselves after unexpected losses, and Vietnam could be at risk of losing the top spot.
Fixture 17 Matchup.jpg

Deadline 2100 GMT, Thursday 9 Nov 2017

Results
Round 17 Results.jpg

Benin v Brazil: Brazil, looking to stay in the Top 4 took on a strong team on a hot streak. These teams drew 1-1 in Game One of the season. However, Brazil seems to have found their number now and took Benin for a 3-0 defeat.
Liberia v Central African Republic: CAF is still within striking distance of a playoff spot, so they were looking to stake their claim with a good show against Liberia. The Beasts came out strong, scoring two goals in the first half. Liberia never recovered, giving up two more in the second.
Vietnam v Japan: Both teams in the top half of the table, but neither one has been playing well lately. 1-1 at the half, Japan strikes first in the second. Fortunately for the Golden Star, though, they draw even with little time to spare.
South Korea v Jordan: South Korea seem confident their current form is good enough to make the playoffs, so they started the bench players for this one. And it showed, and bottom-feeder Jordan took them for a 3-0 win. Jordan stays alive (just barely), but they must win out to have a chance.
Malaysia v Kyrgyzstan: With eight points in the last four games, Kyrgyzstan look to be on a run. But Malaysia is trying to control a slide they've been in for a while. With a heavy attacker strategy, the Kyrgyz take the early lead, but give up one just before the half. Malaysia, not ready to quit just yet, earned their 3 points with a breakaway surprising the White Falcons' defenders.
Macedonia v Macau: Two evenly-matched teams at the bottom of the table looking for a final bit of confidence to take them back into playoff contention. With the Red Lynxes early score, they looked set to finish up the day 7th on the table. But a late goal from Macau tied it up and kept them both settled near the bottom.

Next Matchups
Jordan needs a win to stay alive, but don't count on their opponent giving it up so easily, as Macedonia themselves try to rectify the outcome of Game 17. Vietnam and Brazil look to be a great match, but a loss for Vietnam would still result in them maintaining first place on the table. Malaysia and Japan fight for the final spot in the playoffs. With five games remaining, this will be a great finish!
Fixture 18 Matchup.jpg

Deadline. All of you got picks in early this week. So, if I get your choices by Friday, I'll take care of running the numbers. Otherwise, it will be Monday night again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.0%