Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament - Season 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Race Department Rock-Paper-Scissors Tournament Season 23 - World Cup Edition! The theme this season will be National Teams from all around the world.

rockpaper1.jpg

How to participate
  1. Sign up with your chosen nation. To avoid conflicts of interest, please do not pick your home country.
  2. Each team will play others in its own group twice. Since we have an odd number of participants, a random team will be created and managed by the moderator.
  3. After sign-ups are closed, I'll start a conversation with each participant. There you'll give me 5 choices of RPS for each round (e.g R-P-R-R-S). RPS choices for the moderator's team will be randomly selected prior to match and sent via PM to three participants not matched against the team.
  4. Your RPS choices will be faced against your opponent’s according to the order you write them. Rock > Scissors, Paper > Rock, Scissors > Paper. Same choice means no goal.
  5. Points will to determine your position in the standings. Points are gained as follows: Win = 3 Points, Draw = 1 Point, Loss = 0.
  6. The top four teams will be seeded into the playoffs. #1 plays #4, #2 plays #3.
  7. If you fail to send your choices by the provided deadline, your team will lose 3-0 by default, and you will get 0 points. If both players of a match fail to send their choices, the match ends 0-0, with a loss and 0 points for both. This type of result will not be considered a Draw.
  8. If a player fails to provide RPS choices for 5 matches in a row, the participant will forfeit his team and a new participant will be solicited to take over. If one cannot be found prior to the next match's deadline, the moderator shall take control of the team until a replacement is found.
  9. If you know that you're going to be away from the game for an extended period, you are welcome to send me multiple rounds. Just make sure you label which selection goes with which match. This will help you avoid losing a match 3-0. However, please do not send me an entire season worth of selections.

At the end of the season, tie-breakers will be applied in the following order:
  1. Goal Difference
  2. Total Goals Scored
  3. Total Wins
  4. Head-to-Head Result among tied teams
  5. If the result is still a draw, then the tied teams will play another match against each other. Shoot-out rules will apply (see below for a description).

In the playoffs, regulation time will be the same as group play. Participants will submit 5 choices for the match, and a winner will be decided. If the regular time ends in a tie, both participants will be notified and will be asked to provide 4 more selections. The first pair of choices will be matched. If there is no winner after the first pair, then the second pair will be matched. If the match is still tied, the participants will be asked for 5 RPS choices for the Shoot-Out. The winner of the Shoot-Out will be awarded a single goal and declared the winner of the match. The Shoot-Out cannot end in a tie, and the moderator will continue asking for RPS selections (in groups of 5 or more) until a winner is determined.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years