Road America

Tracks Road America 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for all the hard work on Road America. I truly appreciate it.
The track still crashes when I try to use it. I'm wondering if installing it with Content Manager isn't the best way to go.

Also, do I need to have prior version of your mod in order to successfully install the track? I removed version 0.91 for version 1.07.

Please help.

Thanks for all the hard work on Road America. I truly appreciate it.
The track still crashes when I try to use it. I'm wondering if installing it with Content Manager isn't the best way to go.

Also, do I need to have prior version of your mod in order to successfully install the track? I removed version 0.91 for version 1.07.

Please help.
No need to have the previous version installed.

If the track is crashing, most likely there’s an app enabled such as BLM lights, etc, that might need to be disabled (see download/overview page, first paragraph)

Took me a bit to notice the animated portable lights, I was expecting them to be static like in the Glen (or previous Endurance versions). Awesome detail, as it keeps them less noticeable for regular daily usage if they aren't seen on the real track.

Even with everything that was added, DIP remains considerably low at the racing start despite the unavoidable small increase. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Took me a bit to notice the animated portable lights, I was expecting them to be static like in the Glen (or previous Endurance versions). Awesome detail, as it keeps them less noticeable for regular daily usage if they aren't seen on the real track.

Even with everything that was added, DIP remains considerably low at the racing start despite the unavoidable small increase. :thumbsup:
It's also a nice detail that there's a significant delay between the lights going out and the pole retracting, as if the ground staff are methodically shutting them down and packing them away.
Unfortunately the animation speeds up with in-game time acceleration, so if the sun path is set to 10x speed then the animation also runs ten times faster. It can get a bit Benny Hill depending on your settings... :roflmao:

Did you guys notice strange behaviour driving past the portable lights in the dark, so when they're ignited? On many occasions the lightbeam popped up at the moment I drove underneath them. CSP0.1.62 using VR.

A screenshot doesn't capture the light popping in while driving underneath a portable light. I have saved my replay (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZstlZo1c2eGc1htGQngxmXG28jofCbIg/view?usp=sharing) but I'm not sure this captures my image. I never do replays, let alone share them. Don't know how to stream to Youtube...
It has something to do with CSP0.1.62. Tested in CSP0.1.61 and all lightbeams work as supposed. In CSP0.1.62 between Corvette Bridge and Kettle Bottoms many lightsbeams just pop in only when driving through them.

Last edited:
Weird, I created them while running 1.62 and no issues... interesting. But yeah, if its CSP then theres not much we can do.

Do you have any of the new dynamic shadow stuff enabled? I know that was introduced with 1.62

To protect from vaos on GitHub?
Basically. VAO isn't needed here and just ends up making things look worse. So it was an attempt to discourage anyone making a VAO for it and ruining the overall look of the track. VAO is mainly to help conversions look a bit better with no texture AO. It doesn't really do much for a track that is built properly with AO baked textures. For example all the kunos tracks have VAO patches and they all screw things up to a degree and really shouldn't have ever been made in the first place.

Basically. VAO isn't needed here and just ends up making things look worse. So it was an attempt to discourage anyone making a VAO for it and ruining the overall look of the track. VAO is mainly to help conversions look a bit better with no texture AO. It doesn't really do much for a track that is built properly with AO baked textures. For example all the kunos tracks have VAO patches and they all screw things up to a degree and really shouldn't have ever been made in the first place.
I agree. Dummy is a good idea. :D

Perfect work guys, very impressive. A thousand thanks.

I noticed a building poping in at Moraine sweep, just before the 500 marker...

Attachments

• Screenshot_bacmono_lilski_road_america_27-7-120-8-49-8.jpg
    Screenshot_bacmono_lilski_road_america_27-7-120-8-49-8.jpg
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_bacmono_lilski_road_america_27-7-120-8-49-12.jpg
    Screenshot_bacmono_lilski_road_america_27-7-120-8-49-12.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals