Tracks Riverside International Raceway

Yesterday I had a race with the AI at Riverside and to my surprise the AI had no big problems with the esses. The car was the 787, the difficulty was set to 98%, track grip at 100%.
It seems to really depend on the car. The Koenigsegg goesthrough it fine, but the McLaren f1 brake checked everybody each lap.

I wonder if anybody experienced fps drop with latest version ? Usual fps for me is 27-35. But 0.8 is 18-26 for me. Hotlap mode. Other than that, Track looks and feels so much better. I really like the improvements :)

I wonder if anybody experienced fps drop with latest version ? Usual fps for me is 27-35. But 0.8 is 18-26 for me. Hotlap mode. Other than that, Track looks and feels so much better. I really like the improvements :)
My lowest in 0.7 is 46. 0.8 is 43 for my machine which is a pretty low end machine. Still nothing has any LOD setup which should gain some frames in the future. But My lowest frame rate is the same or a bit higher than my lowest on red bull ring so I decided to release as is. 0.9 and 1.0 should see higher frames I hope. Depends on how 3D grass goes.

I must have some weird hardware and graphical settings combination. Maybe. I have pretty low fps at RedBull Ring too. But still a lot higher, from 23 to 27 fps. Of course anything under 60fps is not a luxury, but it is possible to live with lower fps, till it drops under 24. I haven't downloaded RIR 0.7, but had 0.6 and it was smooth, as well as Bridgehampton is.

Ok, so I stopped writing this comment, and realized that I have bumped up my graphical settings, because I deffinitelly raised them sometime in this summer, because XJ13. Obviously there were much less details in RIR 0.6, so it didn't felt that much on fps.

So I set graphics back to normal/low settings. RedBull ring lowest fps increased from 23 to 30. Riverside lowest fps increased from 18 to 22, so it is almost there now. I guess those 3fps for you are not really noticeable (from 46 down to 43) as it is for me, from ~25 to 22. I should save up for better gear :D But if you'll win few fps in future it will be definitely a good thing. Obviously lol I think with LODS it will be achieved. Can't wait for 3D grass !

I wish SimTRAXXXXXX had your attitude, their conversions are always terrible on performance.

I must have some weird hardware and graphical settings combination. Maybe. I have pretty low fps at RedBull Ring too. But still a lot higher, from 23 to 27 fps. Of course anything under 60fps is not a luxury, but it is possible to live with lower fps, till it drops under 24. I haven't downloaded RIR 0.7, but had 0.6 and it was smooth, as well as Bridgehampton is.

Ok, so I stopped writing this comment, and realized that I have bumped up my graphical settings, because I deffinitelly raised them sometime in this summer, because XJ13. Obviously there were much less details in RIR 0.6, so it didn't felt that much on fps.

So I set graphics back to normal/low settings. RedBull ring lowest fps increased from 23 to 30. Riverside lowest fps increased from 18 to 22, so it is almost there now. I guess those 3fps for you are not really noticeable (from 46 down to 43) as it is for me, from ~25 to 22. I should save up for better gear :D But if you'll win few fps in future it will be definitely a good thing. Obviously lol I think with LODS it will be achieved. Can't wait for 3D grass !

I wish SimTRAXXXXXX had your attitude, their conversions are always terrible on performance.
Go to the track folder and rename veh.kn5 and you will gain a ton of frames. That is the file with all the RVs.

Thanks for the tip, it cost some vibe, but performance is importantER :D Gained from 5 to 10 fps, so I can enjoy the track. Thank you, the track is a blast. I like that elevation change at T7, feels so much better to arrive at that curve now.

Screenshot_ks_maserati_gt_mc_gt4_riverside_25-8-116-13-31-51.jpg

Spotted the static shadows issue again here on the back straight. Hopefully the solution is the same of the one on page 3.

I don't know what impresses me more, @LilSki, your Assetto Corsa track building skills or the fact that you knew about that USGS website and how to find exactly what you were looking for. I pulled up the photo that matches your Entity ID. You weren't exactly working with a highly detailed photo either....So double Bravo to you, good sir!! :thumbsup:

We're not going to be on some watch list now, are we? ;)

I don't know what impresses me more, @LilSki, your Assetto Corsa track building skills or the fact that you knew about that USGS website and how to find exactly what you were looking for. I pulled up the photo that matches your Entity ID. You weren't exactly working with a highly detailed photo either....So double Bravo to you, good sir!! :thumbsup:

We're not going to be on some watch list now, are we? ;)
It isn't google earth but it's better than nothing. I have a few versions I made with different shading to bring out more details but it is mostly all there. Even many of the power poles are placed according to that image. This is a cool shot that was posted on the Riverside FB group and tried to match the angle as best I could. Without that aerial image none of this would have been possible.

14231196_10207062657509377_6526487068827458609_o.jpg

14138647_1191067484247871_6527472471757793214_o.jpg

Had a video card failure so I have been limping along with a non DX11 card so haven't been able to run AC at all. Thankfully Aphidgod had a spare GTX 670 he lent me to get me up and running as money is a little tight right now.

Anyway I have been playing around with grass for RIR for a while now. Wasn't getting anywhere and got fed up so I helped out with VIR a bit. Now I'm back playing with RIR and finally have something that is starting to look like what I envisioned.

Still rough in spots and will have more variety in the end but so far so good.
Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_20-9-116-22-7-2.jpg

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_20-9-116-22-8-50.jpg

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_20-9-116-22-7-22.jpg

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_20-9-116-22-9-10.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back