Tracks Riverside International Raceway

Got most of the base grass "planted". Still need to decide whether I want any grass in the esses area.
Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_23-9-116-18-18-49.jpg

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_24-9-116-13-30-23.jpg

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_24-9-116-13-30-44.jpg

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_24-9-116-13-31-29.jpg

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_24-9-116-13-31-51.jpg

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_24-9-116-13-32-44.jpg

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_23-9-116-18-17-10.jpg

So many fine incoming porsches to run round this thing.... good times ahead. Sadly we won`t have the evil little IROCs, but the 3.0 will do nicely.

Latest details look stellar as usual LilSki. It`s only a shame we can`t all "enjoy" the huge lingering dust clouds from the regular off-track excursions, due to the generic effects :)

...in case nobody ever saw it...

So many fine incoming porsches to run round this thing.... good times ahead. Sadly we won`t have the evil little IROCs, but the 3.0 will do nicely.

Latest details look stellar as usual LilSki. It`s only a shame we can`t all "enjoy" the huge lingering dust clouds from the regular off-track excursions, due to the generic effects :)

...in case nobody ever saw it...

Track surface was still in pretty good shape in the 70's!

Here is another quick shot of recent grass changes. Added some "green" in there for contrast.
Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_9-10-116-20-0-57.jpg

View attachment 149792

Spotted the static shadows issue again here on the back straight. Hopefully the solution is the same of the one on page 3.
Turns out this is not fixable like I had thought. And the original fix for the white lines does not apply to these black lines or even the "go gurney" paint on T6. I fought with this last night and pretty much came to the conclusion it is an AC issue. It seems the AO or "static" shadow on cars does not work right with any object that is set to transparency = true. The white lines are no issue as they do not need to be set as transparent (I had them set transparent in older builds by mistake) but these black lines and go gurney graphics do. I tweaked the black lines some to make it less noticeable but the go gurney sticks out pretty bad.

Disregard last post. After hours and hours and hours I finally figured it out. Now the road sand, black lines, white lines, and go gurney all take proper shadows.

Here is a quick shot after playing with curb details. Notice the little bit of go gurney isn't glowing under the car anymore.

Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_18-10-116-23-25-41.jpg

Kind of a repeat shot but I liked it. I mainly wanted to try and match a recent photo posted on RIR facebook page. The shot was in T7 with the sign in the distance. When I built the sign I never thought you wouldn't see it from the track. Obviously I was wrong. Anyway getting closer to being finished. Will hopefully be sending out to testers soon.
Screenshot_ks_corvette_c7r_riverside_18-10-116-23-27-51.jpg

Last edited:

Just watched this video, it is amazing how much different tha layout is, looks like in GPL elevations were overdone a lot. But nice to watch anyway. Was there such marking at T7 entry in reality ? Seems like it would be helping a lot, it is very hard corner to arrive at, I either brake to early, or go into sand :D

Offtopic: I like how there are a lot of nice videos from GPL with some heart in it, unlike today there are almost only simple gameplay recording, or if edited - mostly completely uninteresting videos.

Just watched this video, it is amazing how much different tha layout is, looks like in GPL elevations were overdone a lot. But nice to watch anyway. Was there such marking at T7 entry in reality ? Seems like it would be helping a lot, it is very hard corner to arrive at, I either brake to early, or go into sand :D

Offtopic: I like how there are a lot of nice videos from GPL with some heart in it, unlike today there are almost only simple gameplay recording, or if edited - mostly completely uninteresting videos.
Yeah that gpl track is pretty horrid just about everywhere. There is another version by Ginetto that was scratch built and is pretty good overall.

As for the lines at T7 that is a 60s and early 70s thing. By the 80s they were gone and that is why my version does not have them.

Sadly we won`t have the evil little IROCs, but the 3.0 will do nicely.
Something like 15 more hp, more wideness and rubber. Still close enough! :)
Can't wait to ride it on Riverside short, hopefully some online servers will be set with that combo. It'd be cool to have 0.9 ready at that time, but perfection can't be hastened :D.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 235 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 163 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%