Ride WIP Thread

Just Curios if is possible port the tracks from VR46 to Ride2 as you are doing , with a lot of work, Could be possible or anyway to do the same from bike and have A great line up of SuperBike , I know this could be a nice dream , but porting 1 bike the rest could be more easily but many stuff to edit.... did anyone try or have some ideas @Jan Volenec fit perfect to have those bikes on VR46 :geek::geek::inlove:

@sagnok - yes i want to share info these days, in a seperate thread, feel free to send me a PM.
for Ride2 you have to edit 4 Bml-files in Data.mix and 1 Bml-file in GfxGem.mix.
Still need to figure out how to import stuff to VR46 or MXGP2 , almost there - but the game crashes at 98-100% loading. (it would be so much easier if the game would at least create a crash-log)

meanwhile in Misano ^^

Just Curios if is possible port the tracks from VR46 to Ride2 as you are doing , with a lot of work, Could be possible or anyway to do the same from bike and have A great line up of SuperBike , I know this could be a nice dream , but porting 1 bike the rest could be more easily but many stuff to edit.... did anyone try or have some ideas @Jan Volenec fit perfect to have those bikes on VR46 :geek::geek::inlove:

Thanks if you think it is a good idea... But after RD deleted my mod all I have to do is simply post them to my FB page ( JV Design ) and post some screens form upcoming stuff to this WIP thread... If anyone was angry about price of my mod, let us face it.. If you wanna have it , you dont give a ***** how much it cost.... BTW Im sorry but because my problems I was not able to say a word how NICE idea is importing tracks form another games to Ride 2--- again Rez.. thank you for your WIP jerez... It could be really nice gameplay video with my SBK liveries on your Jerez.. I think I also have edited textures for Jerez (yellow flowers etc ) so If I found them, I can send you and you can use them ;)

Good luck mates

If anyone was angry about price of my mod, let us face it.. If you wanna have it , you dont give a ***** how much it cost...
Fist of all, i share no hate towards you personally Jan, I feel for your passion and you do great creation for this game! I truly do admire your stuff. But i think we share a different opinion on this money-making-mods stuff

I think its a pity that some people use this community to earn money for there "wasted time" creation as you say.
I have made alof of skins/mods in my days and i have chosen not to make a single kronor on that just because of these reasons:

1. I own a copy of the game, and now i want to make money out of it by creating unsupported skins? Not cool

2. I think this game is not going to be played next year or the year after that since its going to be another Milestone game released soon anyways. So these unsupported skins/mods wont have a good value, at least not for the customers. Not cool

3. I feel like modification communitys should not be making money from each other to go forward, they should provide information and mods for free on there spare time to make more people interact in the same way. in that way maybe we can all share information and become greater moders. If i would sit on all the information, then who would lead beside me?

So by putting a price on the skins or mods that you have made on your "wasted time", it's NOT really moving this community forward IMO. If you want to make money on your mods, i believe you can start your own webpage and selling it over there. (like you just have done)

I think thats why RD deleted your stuff.

Just my opinion :) Keep on putting a price on your skins and happy investing!

Fist of all, i share no hate towards you personally Jan, I feel for your passion and you do great creation for this game! I truly do admire your stuff. But i think we share a different opinion on this money-making-mods stuff

I think its a pity that some people use this community to earn money for there "wasted time" creation as you say.
I have made alof of skins/mods in my days and i have chosen not to make a single kronor on that just because of these reasons:

1. I own a copy of the game, and now i want to make money out of it by creating unsupported skins? Not cool

2. I think this game is not going to be played next year or the year after that since its going to be another Milestone game released soon anyways. So these unsupported skins/mods wont have a good value, at least not for the customers. Not cool

3. I feel like modification communitys should not be making money from each other to go forward, they should provide information and mods for free on there spare time to make more people interact in the same way. in that way maybe we can all share information and become greater moders. If i would sit on all the information, then who would lead beside me?

So by putting a price on the skins or mods that you have made on your "wasted time", it's NOT really moving this community forward IMO. If you want to make money on your mods, i believe you can start your own webpage and selling it over there. (like you just have done)

I think thats why RD deleted your stuff.

Just my opinion :) Keep on putting a price on your skins and happy investing!

Yeah.. Thanks for your honest ;) I ended my argument with RD already.
All I have to say "making money" is not a reason.. I have just had some kind of feeling that number of downloads is not a support i would prefer. I wanted to have another reason why to create these mods again and again.. The best solution would be if Milestone hear us as comunnity and maybe release our skins as Community Liveries as Project CARS did or simmilar idea.. My motivation to work on these skins was the main reason ;)

because it's not all sunshine & flowers ... i cannot find a way to make Losail work :(
tried tons of different ways but i surrender now, at least on this one.
the whole database structure is mess in itself, no wonder their games are full of bugs and perform bad.
+ there is so much useless junk inside, like - a switch to show tire wear in HUD which will never find any use ... or config/script files for steering wheels (which leads me to the idea to make em work^^)

because it's not all sunshine & flowers ... i cannot find a way to make Losail work :(
tried tons of different ways but i surrender now, at least on this one.
the whole database structure is mess in itself, no wonder their games are full of bugs and perform bad.
+ there is so much useless junk inside, like - a switch to show tire wear in HUD which will never find any use ... or config/script files for steering wheels (which leads me to the idea to make em work^^)
rez only suggestion, but have you tried to put motogp15 tracks on ride 2? i known that the quality of tracks in vr46 is better but for example losail in motogp15 can make less problems than vt46 version

@sagnok ... no chance to try ... since i don't have mgp15. i don't really get why its not loading.
i also tried to put UlsterGP into VR46 tonight ... many many attempts, no success... crashes.

best idea would be to do Assen2002 next ... i know it works and i want to make a tutorial while modding it + so far it's the only GP track i found where you don't need to remove to safety car.

Great progress Rez! You should put out a tutorial, that we others can work with your trail and error progress.

Btw, have you found a solution on how to fix the opponents class? for example you have a Supermotor as a bike, the opponents will have sportbikes only? or like me, i want only RS250 bikes to race if i have a RS250. but now its all mix and match based on the performance points.

no success in that area so far :( ... closest hint i found so far is DB_Opponentselectionrules.bml - but it points to something i can't find anywhere -> QuickModeOpponentSelector

Will be released soon
RS2506.jpg

rs2505.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play