rFactor Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
386026rFactorHistoricXflyer.jpg

Please Note this is for rFactor 1

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
Ip 5.198.127.19:34297
Class /Cars: Lotus Elite '61 Vs Fiat Abarth 1000TC '65
Track: Watkins glen Nascar layout ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (13 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 2: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Lotus / Race2 = Abarth Even number vice versa.
Note 2: 10 minute Superpole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an inlap )
but please use escape on the 3rd lap do not drive it

Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson - lotus / Abarth
  2. Yves Larose - Abarth/ lotus
  3. Matej Lakota - Lotus / Abarth
  4. Jarek Kostowski - Abarth/ lotus
  5. Andrew Jarnell - Lotus / Abarth
  6. Jack Smith - Abarth/ lotus
  7. Tristan Clark - Lotus / Abarth
  8. Hans Sneep - Abarth/ lotus
  9. Steven Walker - Lotus / Abarth
  10. Mike Bishop - Abarth/ lotus
  11. Allan Ramsbottom - Lotus / Abarth
  12. Mick Martin - Abarth/ lotus
  13. Jacob Boonstra - Lotus / Abarth
  14. Krzysztof Babi - Abarth/ lotus
  15. Tim Ling - Lotus / Abarth
  16. Stig Bidstrup - Abarth/ lotus
  17. Roland Warmenhoven - Abarth/ lotus
  18. Hiroshi Awazu - Abarth/ lotus
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

For info on HistorX 1.96 click me

Last edited:
Another great combo in my opinion. My luck was a bit south race 1....flat tire 1/5 through lap one, continued on around but missed pit lane, so did another lap on three tires, and then the "Do not repair" switched back to "Repair all damage" ...147.8 sec later.... back on track. Noticed an old driving mate in the pit lane at same time as me.
Race 2... I fared much better but a couple offs at the same corner ( end of the first long straight ) caused me grief. Went from 5th to 1st... not third....you can fill in the rest. Second time required several donuts to get back on track.

Cheers to all drivers... hope to see more of Roland, grats to podiums, thanks for the event @Jarek Kostowski

"How lucky can one guy be? I kissed her and she kissed me..."
That song played in my head when crossing the finish line in R1 :D.

Bloody good fun, thanks to everyone who joined tonight!

Hmm. rFactor crashed on server roll, so i had no time to say THX all and Bye.
so:

THX all and BYE! :p

This was awesome again, like the old days!:thumbsup: And a really great crowd too.:thumbsup:
I did feel a little rusty after a long break from simracing, so my sincere apologies to anyone who suffered from that :notworthy:
I hope to be able to come race more often from now on, but only time will tell if I can.
for now, again THX all, hope to CYA on track soon !

Good seeing You again, i read Your status report in the Croft thread, but was to lazy to log in and reply on my phone :redface:. Show yourself more often!

Another great combo in my opinion. My luck was a bit south race 1....flat tire 1/5 through lap one, continued on around but missed pit lane, so did another lap on three tires, and then the "Do not repair" switched back to "Repair all damage" ...147.8 sec later.... back on track. Noticed an old driving mate in the pit lane at same time as me.
Race 2... I fared much better but a couple offs at the same corner ( end of the first long straight ) caused me grief. Went from 5th to 1st... not third....you can fill in the rest. Second time required several donuts to get back on track.

Cheers to all drivers... hope to see more of Roland, grats to podiums, thanks for the event @Jarek Kostowski

Glad You liked it, until Sunday You can't go wrong by braking slightly in front of the "150" marker in both directions of the highway. Sunday's steel beasts will force us to move the braking point a bit back.

This mystery shall remain unresolved :D.

To all who struggled a bit tonight, after the races i had a go in the Alfas with Peter and the longer wheelbase makes it significantly less spinhappy on this track. Obviously easier to drive than the rear engined TCR but surprisingly even easier than the Mini.

@Allan Ramsbottom don't mind the missed race, if Your Mum is alright you've already won.

I'm expecting to see you all on Friday :). Yes, i'm becoming an optimist lately.

Thanks for the nice words, guys. I'm glad I got my wheel and the mod working fine again, even the replays work!
And @Allan Ramsbottom , sorry bout your mum, glad to hear she's doing better. Looking foward to meeting on track again!

In R1 I got stuck in a pileup, which got me a flat tyre so after limping to the pit I learned I forgot some of the important stuff: how to avoid getting full service at pitstop (You're not alone @Jack Smith :laugh: ).

Having already learned I should configure a Horn button (which seems pretty useful at Race start?! :roflmao:) it was probably for the better I drove alone all of the remaining laps, waving to Hans and Peter on the opposite long straight every time :D, while learning the track better.

The other car, the TCR, I feared a little beforehand, but I did get to pick the nice #52 skin, the car which I learned IRL is owned by a man living less than 10 km from my house :confused:
And it turned out to be a pretty nice drive once I got the hang of it. (nope, not 1st corner...:redface:) I like it!

Overall I immensely enjoyed driving HistorX again, the realfeel is absolutely amazing! Maybe it's because my wheel is about as old as this sim is (G25) but FFB feels ten times better than it does in AC, no matter what settings I try in AC. And.. that one still lacks sufficient old cars.
CYA soon!

Update: We will be racing the slightly quicker '65 Alfa instead of the '66 one, it became clear in training tonight that i chose the wrong year. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back