rFactor 2 - Whats your Video Settings?

Abdul Al-Amry

2011 RD Indy 500 Winner
Would like to get some feedback especially on guys using Eyefinity.

I have everything in-game to either Low or Off in the graphics section but only 30fps. My card is ATI 6870 which handles a constant 84fps in iR and can play all games without major issues. rF1 was over 100fps.

Early days I know but still...

I have a single screen setup on a Radeon 4870 HD. I run the game with all settings on 'High' and performance is generally good. Occasional stuttering, particularly at Monaco or at night when there's lots of lights.

Since installing this 'preview' driver there has been a marked improvement across the board. No more stuttering even at Monaco, and no drop in performance when lights are used. Good stuff.

Thanks for the link Abdul. :)

Need to upgrade lol, got everything on low, lowest resolution possible and i'm getting like 25 fps on f3's at spa, it's diabolical but i can manage with it, anyone who's moaning about 80 fps is lucky.

My graphics card is -below- the minimum by the way, nVidia GeForce 8500 gt.

NOOOOOO That can deffo cause issues! Even the Catalyst guys say DONT overwrite, you need to un-install the old drivers first. You can often get away with overwriting, but its a bad idea and can cause problems later ;)

Brian, what method do you use in uninstalling the old drivers please, what process excatly did you follow. Having problems getting mine back up now.

And also was R2 installed and running prior to you upgrading, and after upgrading did you incurr any problems withrunning R2.

Also could you provide the Version of Windows you run, ie: Win7 SP1, XP ect. Also do you keep all 3 monitors connected at time of upgrade.
Sorry for so many questions they just came to as I write.

Thanks

Hi Vito :)

Sure, no probs :

Win7 64 bit SP1 with all current updates
I un installed the old drivers using Control Panel/Programs/uninstall (just the normal windows uninstall method) and removed ALL AMD drivers in the option box.

Yes rF2 was already installed and I did not unplug anything, just a normal uninstall and then install of the new drivers. No issues at all, im using an XFX6970 card...

Hope that helps

NOOOOOO That can deffo cause issues! Even the Catalyst guys say DONT overwrite, you need to un-install the old drivers first. You can often get away with overwriting, but its a bad idea and can cause problems later ;)
Sorry brian have another question, I ask it cause I cant reply in Fixes and adjustments.

Say I have situation that I need to reinstall R2.....well when I paid and went through I was expecting a key, like R1, to be typed in, but I just found myself in the game.
My question is do you know where to locate our Key just in case, and if not, can you find out what will happen if one does, I'm asking you cause I think you can get the reply quicker than me...and it might be useful to Knowledge to many.
Thank plenty
vito

Sorry brian have another question, I ask it cause I cant reply in Fixes and adjustments.

Say I have situation that I need to reinstall R2.....well when I paid and went through I was expecting a key, like R1, to be typed in, but I just found myself in the game.
My question is do you know where to locate our Key just in case, and if not, can you find out what will happen if one does, I'm asking you cause I think you can get the reply quicker than me...and it might be useful to Knowledge to many.
Thank plenty
vito

I have done a clean win7 install since getting rF2, so I had to reinstall and had no issues. The game just asked me to 'log in' and off I went ;) This was during the 'closed beta' but I cant see any changes that would effect this :)

Used to remove manually, can't be bothered anymore. Been installing new drivers over the top ever since I bought this card nearly four years ago, and never had a single problem. Until someone can actually give me conclusive proof that doing so could destroy my system, I will continue to do so. :)

well, my lad did the same thing 2 weeks ago and stuffed it big time :O

He had no video output at all and we could do nothing but a complete win7 re-install :S That did fix it, but I admit I always used to just install over the top of the old one until I had a similar issue, then my lad did too. Thats when I looked a little more closely and found they recommended you uninstalled the old drivers first...:)

What is the best way to uninstall the old ATI drivers before I install the 12.1a preview drivers? I'm getting pretty decent FPS with my 4870, 50-60 with everything at Full/Max except shadows (high) and HDRI off, but I'd like to get it to be a little more fluid.

Jason

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back