rFactor 2 Screenshots

Alex Kyriak;967600 said:
:) To clarify my comment about the photo, I didn't explain myself too well.... I didn't mean I think it looks bad because it's not photo-realistic, I just meant that to me it looks too overcooked or over exaggerated, almost for the sake of doing the effects, and to me ISI aren't about keeping up with the Joneses, they're about simulation, and the overcooked effects may detract from the sim. You can make something look more realistic than that with less saturated colours and some more subtle shadow effects - as you might see in a photo when compared to the above image - without it having to look absolutely photo real. Anyway, can't wait for RF2!.:)
It doesn't look ANYTHING like this at different times of day. The conditions and all lighting adjust to the conditions. Most of the HDR previews, and this preview, feature a very low sun and not a lot of light without disturbance or sunset hue.

zuikki1;967774 said:
i understand your point in some level but still disagree :) I´v been thinking these "effects" and if you observe real world and when sun shines heavily the air and the the world actually is full of surprising "effects". Even one thing many seems to dislike in games is the bloom - and when the sun hits a shiny car in real world it actually blooms really strong in reality also. You just don´t want to lay your yes in it becouse it hurts your eyes being so bright. Without a lots of visual effects you can´t build up realistically looking graphics. They just end up looking dull if you miss the effects.
Squinting your eyes is a pretty powerful effect in real life, too. It's also been scientifically proven that people with darker eyebrows see different colorization in sun light than people with light ones. Personally, the lighting fx in rF2 match lighting I have seen very well, but then I drive a lot in complete darkness and have the sun rising in my face on the four hour journey to Ann Arbor when I go there... And then the 4 hours coming home as it's setting.

Timothy Wheatley;968126 said:
The angle of the arms directly relates to the model of the driver they are attached to, which is all to a 1:1 scale... Put your own arms out infront of you and take a look.

I tried emulating that angle both in my regular car and the sim before commenting to see if it felt natural. The angle in the photo based on seating position is what you'd see if you held the wheel at the 11and 1 O'clock position. Almost all racers I know, including myself hold at 9 and 3 positions, which is a smaller angle for the hands and allows thumbs to rest on the wheels horizontal spokes...if they exist. We also sit back a little from the wheel. The position in the photo would cause you serious shoulder strain in about two laps. This wouldn't impact my vision of rFactor in the least. I can't wait for the release. I've actually begun selling other sims in anticipation of it's release. I plan on running NKP, rFactor2, LFS and GTR2 only...going foward.

Terry Rock;969135 said:
I tried emulating that angle both in my regular car and the sim before commenting to see if it felt natural. The angle in the photo based on seating position is what you'd see if you held the wheel at the 11and 1 O'clock position. Almost all racers I know, including myself hold at 9 and 3 positions, which is a smaller angle for the hands and allows thumbs to rest on the wheels horizontal spokes...if they exist. We also sit back a little from the wheel. The position in the photo would cause you serious shoulder strain in about two laps. This wouldn't impact my vision of rFactor in the least. I can't wait for the release. I've actually begun selling other sims in anticipation of it's release. I plan on running NKP, rFactor2, LFS and GTR2 only...going foward.
Hm, interesting post... Maybe there's some refinement required based on this kind of feedback...

the cockpit of the renault looks in my opinion still awful they should rather show the NISSAN GT-1 cockpit if there is something changed because the last screens of the nissan were not very nice

New ones.

BOwvw.jpg

7cNCZ.jpg

FJUJm.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering