rFactor 2 Screenshots

• KorianDHer

Nice shots, but I have a question: Is the rF2 beat the tyre model of Live for Speed? And the physics? Becouse the graphics are not everything...

Every pictures on the right side absolute realistic, while on the left every one looks like screenshots about an average racing game from the XXth century! Amazing job! I want to feel the power of the rays of the sun, those makes the simulation better and better... I want to see the moving shadows in the cockpits while i turn the car into a corner I can't wait! Please give us the new rf2 before Christmas! :)

• Nippon2

Péter Bártfai;933053 said:
I think they're too blurry. But, on virtualr there was a 3rd pic too that actually looked good imo.

Isnt that because virtualR just rips everybodies news in a hurry and brings it as it own? Under the pictures here is clearly a link pointing to HD versions which look amazing! The Clio was posted in the forums.

SYq3t.jpg

Doesnt look good at all. Too much contrast, too dark and also blurry. Basically like rFactor 1. Depends what you compare it too, put something like iracing or F1 2010/2011 beside this and this will not look very good.But you never know with these screens if someone used some post processing on them on a badly calibrated monitor or something.

They look average at best and that's being kind. I understand they are WIP at the same time but still fairly ugly with poor textures and just does not look nice. Slowly with each shot my interest is dithering with this title at least for launch, maybe the modders will bring it to life but atm it looks pretty dated already, let alone 2-3 years down the line. Anyone impressed with these are have clearly been blinded by the lights or are complete fanboys

This is such a subjective topic so I respect all opinions, plus and minus. Too dark, too washing out, etc .... all valid no doubt but I wonder do we have the full context of what is being criticized? Time of day, weather conditions, angle of camera .... maybe the vitrual camera man for the virtual exposure virtually screwed up :tongue:For me, they are very encouraging. I would also appreciate seeing in car cockpit shots, 'cos frankly, this is the view I will almost 100% be using. I know, I'm not alone... Megane is such a popular mod too and great fun to drive .... Great to see rF2 including this.

Lee Ross;933504 said:
let alone 2-3 years down the line.

That would assume that they spent their whole resources for that time on RF2 which I don't believe to be the case at all.

My personal feelings is that graphics aren't everything but of course not everyone shares my view on this :). I welcome any improvements of the graphics of rf1 for sure but there are far more important things to worry about in a simulation imo. I'm pretty sure HDR will be an optional thing anyway given the minimum specs they released recently.

• Unregistered

Dave Stephenson;933620 said:
That would assume that they spent their whole resources for that time on RF2 which I don't believe to be the case at all.

My personal feelings is that graphics aren't everything but of course not everyone shares my view on this :). I welcome any improvements of the graphics of rf1 for sure but there are far more important things to worry about in a simulation imo. I'm pretty sure HDR will be an optional thing anyway given the minimum specs they released recently.
Oh no doubt i totally agree but i feel now i am at the stage where good solid physics can not just make a game a win for me anymore. I have done and had that attitude for the last 6 years but i have come to a stage now where i personally feel eye candy is just as important in sims as the physics themselves. It's adds the immersion that is sadly missing from all current " sims ". I look at those shots now and IMO it looks dated already, then i picture it 2 - 3 years down the line and how dated it's gonna look then.

It's just doesn't impress me visually in the slightest. SMS and the SHIFT series have shown what is possible minus all the cheesy effects they use. There is no reason we can not expect that type of visual fidelity and solid ISI physics together in 2011

Dave Stephenson;933620 said:

Oh no doubt i totally agree but i feel now i am at the stage where good solid physics can not just make a game a win for me anymore. I have done and had that attitude for the last 6 years but i have come to a stage now where i personally feel eye candy is just as important in sims as the physics themselves. It's adds the immersion that is sadly missing from all current " sims ". I look at those shots now and IMO it looks dated already, then i picture it 2 - 3 years down the line and how dated it's gonna look then.

It's just doesn't impress me visually in the slightest. SMS and the SHIFT series have shown what is possible minus all the cheesy effects they use. There is no reason we can not expect that type of visual fidelity and solid ISI physics together in 2011

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.