rFactor 2 - Q & A with the development team

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hi,

Spoken to the boss himself yesterday night and in a few weeks time he will be able to answer questions from the RD community!

Please use this thread to write down your questions for him. We will wrap up the most original questions that have not been answered before in previous interviews and will send it out.

Take note of a few simple rules:
  • Don't use this thread for debates / discussions. Stay on topic: questions. Discussions are more than welcome here
  • Read the entire topic so you don't repeat the same questions over and over again :)
  • We all want to know when the game will be released, so avoid that question as it has been asked a million times before and we all know the answer already: "Released when its finished"
Shoot! What would you like know? Lets get the rFactor 2 ball rolling!
rfactor2.png

So now the question is, will the updates be worth paying for after the 12 months have expired. These would have to be some serious updates that include new tracks and cars. We already get some of that good stuff from open source developers on the current rFactor. So, is what they are saying that rFactor 2 will not be available for open source development? And what about updates for new hardware. Will you have to pay for these as well. Seems to me, if you already have a good thing going, dont fix it broke.

I wonder then what will happen to the already subscribed prescriptions for rfactor 1?I have a monthly payment going out to ISI already, if it is higher then that I will probably cancel as I have enough on my plate as it is. But I guess like others have mentioned, i will have a 12 months to see if its worth an increase. (or if I can convince the Missus, (I can see I am going to have to do some grovelling)) ha ha ha

Sam Binfield;973223 said:
I think you have misread this, or at least misinterprited it. When the 12 months (more like 14 including the beta) are finished, all the content you have already will remain, regardless of whether you begin paying or not. Unlike iRacing, ending your subscription will only stop you recieving new content, and you will keep all of the content you had at the time that you stopped paying.

To be honest, my own take on the whole thing will be that any naysayers will eventually cave and join the service anyway, because I feel that they are in the minority. Then again, should the service be prohibativly expensive a la iRacing, then it may just be abandoned.

Oops, seems I have indeed misread it. This sounds much better. But I'm not so sure if the majority will subscribe. Look at Race07, there's always a lot of confusion who has which expansion pack.
I hope the subscription content will be either completely useless or completely amazing. :)

If rFactor2 provides the physics and tire model the developers talked about and if the netcode is good, I will have no problem what so ever paying to get the additional features.I mean, I have spent a huge amount of money in iRacing since early 2009 and nothing of substance (physics/tire model) has been released by them since 2009.So yeah if rFactor2 delivers what it said it will deliver in physics/tire model/net code I will more than happy to pay for a subscription that will provide me with online matchmaking.

Note: i couldn't read the Q&A, it's not possible in mobile... there's no zoom... So i had to read your comments and figure it out from there.

Don't like... Didn't quite get it, they will require subscription in order to get content they are just promising to deliver? They are going to have buttloads of angry emails when the content doesn't suit to everybodys desires... You have to pay upfront, a very strange idea indeed. Why not release paid DLC when it comes? I say firmly no to any kind of subscription based games, i'm having enough bills as it is.

It reminds me of some kind of extortion scheme, pay or you can't continue playing with others. Yes i know, you get to keep the content but community will be a huge deal here, if most are gonna pay then everybody must pay.

The gaming scene isn’t what it used to be. Simulation gaming is now an endangered species. Call of Duty comes out every year. And graphics stay the same for 7 years as developers aim to push out titles on the consoles in conjunction with the PC. As reality check comes closer, we jumped at the news of a new rfactor title coming exclusively to the PC.

Rfactor 2 will come out next year and what we’ve seen so far is definitely on our starred list. Tim Wheatley, marketing relations for ISI, is happy to answer some questions from the community. Yes, that means you!

To ask a question to the rfactor team, simply leave a reply here. We’ll pit the most frequent and interesting questions to Tim Wheatley somewhere next week. Good luck! :)

The gaming scene isn’t what it used to be. Simulation gaming is now an endangered species. Call of Duty comes out every year. And graphics stay the same for 7 years, as developers aim to push out titles on the consoles in conjunction with the PC. As reality check comes closer, we jumped at the news of a new rFactor title coming exclusively to the PC.

rFactor 2 will come out next year and what we’ve seen so far is definitely on our starred list. Tim Wheatley, marketing relations for ISI, is happy to answer some questions from the community. Yes, that means you!

To ask a question to the rfactor team, simply leave a comment or ask your question in our dedicated thread. We’ll pit the most frequent and interesting questions to Tim Wheatley somewhere next week.

rfactor2-promo.jpg

When a free Demo? Will laser tracks be released? Will there be new cars and tracks added after release? If yes, will it be free or paying DLC? Will FFB be as good as GSC's FFB? When is beginning the paying Open Beta? How much content will be in the Beta compared to the full game? How many tracks has the full game? Has isiMotor 2.5 already been licensed for another game?

It would be smart to ask questions that haven't already been answered...

Dear Tim,

I guess it might be time to get an official content-list.

. Cars (with variations, multi-class?)
. Tracks (with variations)
. GFX Features (self explaining)
. Physic Features (tire-physics, etc)
. Enviromental Features (Wind, Day/Night, trackrubber, Racestart options like double/single file or rallye style etc.)
. Offline & Online Features
. Supported 3rd Party Hard & Software

Basically, what makes rf2 a special game?! ...

Oh and maybe some screens of the menu's at the latest dev-stage.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back