rFactor 2 | New Build Update and Diriyah E-Prix DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have released a new build update and the Diriyah Formula E street circuit DLC for rFactor 2 today.
  • New release candidate and main public build available.
  • Diriyah E-Prix track becomes fifth official Formula E track for the sim.
Update and DLC day at Studio 397 today, as the Dutch development team release another new Formula E circuit to the title alongside a new update for both the main and release candidate build variations of the software.

The Diriyah E-Prix marks the fifth official Formula E circuit for rFactor 2, the very same track (albeit a slightly different layout) than the one that the real world series raced on last weekend, and unlike the more traditional Formula E venue, Diriyah is a reasonably high speed and challenging circuit, something that presents a unique set of challengers for the Formula E cars within the title.

rFactor 2 Diriyah Release 6.jpg
rFactor 2 Diriyah Release 7.jpg

As well as the new DLC update, Studio 397 have also deployed a selection of updates to both the main branch and the development 'release candidate' branch of the simulation - adding a number of updates and improvements to the title that the studio have been working on over the last few weeks. In terms of noteworthy changes, arguably one of the main details for the RC branch of the update has to be the welcome return of replay telemetry, something that has been sadly missing since the software migrated to the latest UI employed by the sim.

Other highlights include fixes for custom skin transfers, wet weather graphical updates and various UI tweaks and amendments, as detailed below.

Release Candidate Build Update Notes

General

• Fixed an issue enforcing physics upgrades
  • Fixed an issue where custom skins would be allowed even when the server does not allow them.
  • Fixed an issue where a custom skin would glow white after changing session if skin transfers are disabled. Also ensures other players see you with the default skin of your car.
  • Fixed an issue where a series does not initialize correctly on first time use. This would manifest in not being able to select upgrades when joining a competition.
  • Fixed an issue where FFB changes would not register until you go to the track for the second time.
  • Fixed a crash to desktop during game load when the current selected series was uninstalled, however the install file remains in packages folder.
  • Removed a setting that exited the game after leaving a server
  • Added extra logging during the loading of content for debugging purposes
HUD
  • Fixed an issue where the time remaining in a race session would not be shown.
  • Message centre now displays same name/value as show in the garage screen when changing vehicle settings
Graphics
  • Fixed an issue where secondary wet weather reflections would not show on roads. (The reflections from a damp road surface, rather than puddles)
  • Fixed some issues which could cause graphical glitches in the skies.
  • Fixed VR UI boundaries showing a faint black line when in game
UI
  • Added driver and car info displays to full screen replay; steering, throttle, brake, clutch, speed, rpm, gear and g-force traction circle. This information will also be shown live for a driver.
  • Fixed an issue where Wheel Loads were not shown in the UI
  • Fixed an issue where the UI would run at uncapped FPS
  • Fixed an issue where the refresh button in package management would not detect newly copied in files in the packages folder
  • Fixed an issue where real road settings weren’t reset in the session settings screen if the user changes track.
  • Fixed an issue where session settings would remain from a previously selected series
  • Now automatically update the favourite server list on race screen after adding or removing a favourite.
  • Fixed an issue where Tracks, Cars and other components would inherit the uninstall status of the last series.
  • Fixed wrong driver name displaying in replay when there was a driver swap
  • Fixed an issue where disqualified drivers could still go to track
  • Fixed an issue when joining a server the ui would display invalid cars
  • Fixed an issue where a server client mismatch was reported the wrong way around
  • Removed language toggle from player profile
Modding
  • Added reporting for driveable surfaces which are not defined in the TDF file in ModDev
  • Fixed issues with using Vertex Colour in the Standard Blend Shader

March Update 3.jpg

As well as the above mentioned 'release candidate' build, Studio 397 have also moved the previous release candidate update to the main public build of the software, which will now become the default install status of rFactor 2 unless users specifically opt into the latest changes within the RC build by way of the Steam Beta tab. The now default version of rFactor 2 contains the following changes...

rFactor 2 'opt-out' public build update notes:
  • We’ve removed the Max 2012 plugins as they no longer work, and provided the last working Max 2017 plugins. We have no intention to upgrade them any longer as we can’t get these versions of Max any more to test. Furthermore, we urge the modding community to upgrade to current Max versions.
  • Fixed: Reflection mapper in Scene Viewer, so it renders from the same point as the user sees.
  • Fixed: Bind a mouse click to any input control.
  • Fixed: Issues with showroom performance.
  • Fixed: Missing error prompt when textures are missing from content.
  • Fixed: Issue with a white screen you get when you try to assign a control.
  • Fixed: Visible damage sometimes corrupting car bodies, to properly fix the hotfix that temporarily disabled the visible damage.
  • Fixed: Issue where clouds could show similar corruption as car bodies.
  • Fixed: Showroom Upgrades not displaying which require MAS Files.
  • Fixed: Glitch where “the lights would suddenly go off” when transitioning from light to dark at dusk.
  • Fixed: Exploit where you could still set the FE car to use 250kW in the setup in a race when that setting is reserved for “attack mode”.
  • Fixed: Overlays would not correctly follow the attack mode countdown timing.
  • AIW Editor: Added new line smoothing option, and added soft selection for manual adjustments.
  • Added an internal option to the player.json to turn off multi-threading in the UI. Defaults to “on”.
  • Added code support, so we can detect a disabled Steam overlay, to warn you about why a shopping cart won’t show up.
  • Changed how a dedicated server shuts down when asked so it no longer crashes with a non-zero return code.
  • Pausing sessions in a dedicated server will now only pause the first one.
  • Increased an internal timeout when talking to Steam to give it more time before we give up or retry.
  • Scene Viewer Changes: Moved Web UI Port to 5396 by default and added support for up to 128 scenes in configuration file

Original Source: Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively to PC.