rFactor 2 (merged)

• Deleted member 133

rFactor2: Although I don't see it as the main selling point, AI's can be fined tuned

rFactor2: Although I don't see it as the main selling point, AI's can be fined tuned to the point where they are very convincing.

More...

• Deleted member 133

rFactor2: Changing weather effects will be part of rF2. I'll try and make a movie an

rFactor2: Changing weather effects will be part of rF2. I'll try and make a movie and post it.

More...

• Deleted member 133

rFactor2: Environment maps can be specific to a circuit. The map needs to have the s

rFactor2: Environment maps can be specific to a circuit. The map needs to have the same name and be in a MAS file listed before the common one.

More...

• Deleted member 133

rFactor2: Banning bad actors is something I would like to see too.

rFactor2: Banning bad actors is something I would like to see too.

More...

• Deleted member 133

rFactor2: Added some alternate equations to calculate the effective rolling radius an

rFactor2: Added some alternate equations to calculate the effective rolling radius and loaded radius.

More...

• Deleted member 133

rFactor2: Added ability to use non-linear stiffness table rather than springs, rubber

rFactor2: Added ability to use non-linear stiffness table rather than springs, rubbers, and bumpstops.

More...

I hope they go and match iRacing. With the news of the non-linear setups, it could turn out to be a real contender and stick it to iRacing. So far so good. I hope it's not a pay monthly sim or I'll cry :'(

But...

MMG + ISI= :drool:

Those modelled bumps around the tracks should be AWESOME!!! Even if it's not as real as iRacing in terms of reproducing the exact same track, if they do some cool things, it could be as fun as iRacing.

What is non linear setups? I didn't understand that part...

I have also no clue what non-linear setups are :( Anybody knows?

Still not sure :)

An efficient method for calculating the nonlinear stiffness of a progressive multi-leaf spring is developed and evaluated. This method utilises the interaction between the main and help springs that induces the nonlinearity. The main and the help springs are modelled as multi-leaf cantilever beams, and are then integrated as one by connecting the models for each side of the progressive multi-leaf spring at the centre-bolt. The results from the developed model are evaluated by comparison with those from the commercial FEA programme, ABAQUS. The nonlinear spring coefficients calculated by FEM analysis are very close to those calculated using the developed method. From the comparative evaluations, the developed method is shown to quickly evaluate the nonlinear spring behaviour of progressive multi-leaf springs with acceptable accuracy. Finally, comparison of the model results with those from an experiment measuring the stiffness of a progressive multi-leaf spring show that the model captures the mechanical characteristics of the spring to an accuracy acceptable for design use.

The resistance of the springs is not the same for all the travel amount in real life, but the resistance gets bigger the more the springs compress. I guess the way it currently is in rCraptor, is that the resistance remains the same for the whole available travel. So basically.. it will make suspension modelling much much more realistic for rF2. Thats how i understood it anyway.
:)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea