rFactor 2 | Competition System Development Blog Post #2 Released

I don't really like the answer about buying content: for example i already got both GT3 packs, the first endurance and the pack with aston GTE and senna.
Making new bundles including all that content is useless for me: you're practically "punishing" people who already got that content for an higher price, i'd still have to buy the second endurance pack and the 488 GT3/GTE at full price to join competitions (about 25€, not much but no little either, considering i already have well more than 100€ invested in this game).

I'd like either a more raceroomm-like system where you get discounts for contents you already own or just new bundles including all and only recent content.

I'd also happily just pay like a 15€ annual subscription including all content for that year, if it would be a possible "middle ground" solution.

Last edited:
I don't really like the answer about buying content: for example i already got both GT3 packs, the first endurance and the pack with aston GTE and senna.
Making new bundles including all that content is useless for me: you're practically "punishing" people who already got that content for an higher price, i'd still have to buy the second endurance pack and the 488 GT3/GTE at full price to join competitions (about 25€, not much but no little either, considering i already have well more than 100€ invested in this game).

"I'd like either a more raceroomm-like system where you get discounts for contents you already own or just new bundles including all and only recent content.

I'd also happily just pay like a 15€ annual subscription including all content for that year, if it would be a possible "middle ground" solution.

If you own Packs but only require an individual item then it looks like you'll still only need to buy that individual item not the entire bundle (I think), again bearing in mind this is Beta and they may well tweak things as it progresses. Note, individual Cars & Tracks could also get special discounts in the store, exactly what RaceRoom are doing this week with reference to their Multi Class Ranking Races for the coming week.

This quote From Marcel was in reference to one of the first Series in the Comp System a week or so ago:

"It's important to know that you need to subscribe and therefore own all content to sign up. If you do not own all content, we will try to make you the cheapest possible offer based on our current bundles in the store. We put that proposal in your shopping cart and leave it up to you to buy these items, make changes or simply decide to back out. Note that this also means that sometimes you get an individual item that is also part of a pack, so we encourage you to look if this is indeed what you want to buy or if you want to go for the full pack in such cases.

Note that we did not aim to optimize this series in any way for people who are completely new to rFactor 2 so we realize that it's not the cheapest competition to sign up for if you do not own any of the content yet. We'll always keep hosting competitions based on free content so there will be something for everybody."

Last edited:

Yetch

GooseCreature
Stands for the most laps at Lemans, 397 in 2010

Oh gee they have proper Lemans you can run 60 cars 24 hours with driver swaps ....were most others don't .....I wonder why :rolleyes: could be something to do with passion :)

As for laser scan I drove ACC AMS2 rF2 each 5 hours this week and rF2 terrain fake or not is still the best
and a few of the tracks never been updated

in my humble opinion which rarely anyone uses these days because they so far up themselves they are right .... like me :p
Should have tried Raceroom!

Sorry to whoever wrote that, but for most of the Q&A, I've never read so many words with so little meaning. So much corporate talk where you say vague things without making any real statements.
How negative you are. It is really crucial : this will be the best competition syst ever but be patient, currently it is not as advanced than other titles and you'll have to buy the whole package to join a competition because of... the code, U know (s397 should call the Masters of the Code!). Anyway in 2 years this is going to be a true racing sim changer! Like the current UI which was announced 2 years ago (or more, I can't remember), a real game changer, other sims are just so ridiculous in comparison! Shame on you for being so pessimistic!

Last edited:

RaceNut

Premium
Central Wisconsin
Yes, it's great quality...'Enduracers' have been around since the rFactor 1 days and creating great cars and tracks then as well :thumbsup::thumbsup:, although not sure whether it's still the same team now though.
Thanks for sharing this info. :thumbsup:
I have the GT / Multi-class mod already but, was unaware of the cup series / Alpine series mods. I hope they continue to expand the GT4 class offerings.

It’s no wonder such comments are common when many people get frustrated when so many long standing issues keep persisting and list of bugs doesn’t get shorter.

On the flip side many people are enjoying RF2, the old adage "you can't please them all" rings true with this Sim! Sure it would be great to have some of the long standing issues resolved, but it's not like S397 have sat on their fingers since 2016, a quick glance at the Build Change Logs shows you that Bugs are getting fixed & issues dealt with.
After all this Comp System is a direct response to what the Community wanted all these years, so they certainly listen and get there....eventually :)

avenger82

Krzysztof Maj
On the flip side many people are enjoying RF2, the old adage "you can't please them all" rings true with this Sim! Sure it would be great to have some of the long standing issues resolved, but it's not like S397 have sat on their fingers since 2016, a quick glance at the Build Change Logs shows you that Bugs are getting fixed & issues dealt with.
After all this Comp System is a direct response to what the Community wanted all these years, so they certainly listen and get there....eventually :)
“You can’t please them all”, because it’s still a mess at many fronts.
“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
- Bill Gates

They improved graphics significantly and released a lot of mixed quality DLCs and new UI which all in all is even worse then old one (but looks modern). Except some tire model fixes there have been no physics engine improvements or development since S397 took over (2016).
I hope competition system would be good enough to bring some iRacers , but I’m not holding my breath.

Last edited:
"So this would require a huge technical change, basically a rewrite of how the package system works. We decided against that and instead offer much better pricing on car packs compared to some of our competitors."

Huh... some of... a single one of them I guess. Guys don't get me wrong, for example the C8R looks awesome, has a proper dashboard display like it should be. But if I purchase official content I would like it to be updated to the latest improvements the Studio has made. Just look at the Porsche Cup, Oreca, bland cockpits, terrible dashboard displays with wrong and stretched fonts. Wouldn't install them if they were free...

But obviously your magnificent package system works in a way that I cannot uninstall payware content if I e.g. bought it in a pack for a better value. So we are stuck with content we do not want on our hard drive twice because of course a copy has to be installed and another .rfcmp package file just sits there minding its own business.

And of course, who would expect that your curated awesome priced payware content would support your new UI after working on it for 4 years, of course we do not need skin preview images and manufacturer badges for the Reiza pack, it would give the impression that the sim has a level of polish (pssst... such images are there in your content store)...

Sorry for the passive aggressive tone...

“You can’t please them all”, because it’s still a mess at many fronts.
“Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
- Bill Gates

They improved graphics significantly and released a lot of mixed quality DLCs and new UI which all in all is even worse then old one (but looks modern). Except some tire model fixes there have been no physics engine improvements or development since S397 took over (2016).
I hope competition system would be good enough to bring some iRacers , but I’m not holding my breath.

Who has created a competition system to rival iRacing? They're still the king's and again this RF2 one is in beta, give it time but if you're ready to write it off now then so be it.

Finland
"So this would require a huge technical change, basically a rewrite of how the package system works. We decided against that and instead offer much better pricing on car packs compared to some of our competitors."
Sounds like the isi mentality.

Sounds like the isi mentality.

Hardly, S397 have and had clearly prioritised in other areas which we might not if got had they decided to change the system.
They can't do EVERYTHING and the Package System is clearly complex and a huge undertaking to change, if they had the manpower maybe things would be different, but they don't, so here we are.

Last edited:

Huh... some of... a single one of them I guess. Guys don't get me wrong, for example the C8R looks awesome, has a proper dashboard display like it should be. But if I purchase official content I would like it to be updated to the latest improvements the Studio has made. Just look at the Porsche Cup, Oreca, bland cockpits, terrible dashboard displays with wrong and stretched fonts. Wouldn't install them if they were free...

But obviously your magnificent package system works in a way that I cannot uninstall payware content if I e.g. bought it in a pack for a better value. So we are stuck with content we do not want on our hard drive twice because of course a copy has to be installed and another .rfcmp package file just sits there minding its own business.

And of course, who would expect that your curated awesome priced payware content would support your new UI after working on it for 4 years, of course we do not need skin preview images and manufacturer badges for the Reiza pack, it would give the impression that the sim has a level of polish (pssst... such images are there in your content store)...

Sorry for the passive aggressive tone...
even if not all cars would have to be purchased to race against them, they still would need to be installed either way, also if the situation comes where only one car is needed no packs will be there

and the Reiza Pack thing you mentioned is only down to Reiza, not S397, only Reiza has the legal rights to change anything, which they said they plan on doing sometime this year if all works out

Last edited: