rFactor 2 | Chevrolet Corvette C8.R Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed the new for 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8.R GTE will be coming to the simulation this month, alongside the already announced Cadillac DPi prototype machine.
  • 2020 Corvette C8.R to release this month.
  • The 'Vette joins the IMSA DPi Cadillac as new December content.
  • Onboard lap of Cadillac revealed.
Corvette_C8R_2020_01.jpg

In further good news for rFactor 2 fans, Studio 397 have this morning taken to social media to reveal another new car will be heading to the simulation this month, with the Chevrolet Corvette C8.R set to be released alongside the previously announced Cadillac DPi-V.R prototype endurance racer.

The C8.R represents the eighth generation of racing Corvette from the famous American brand, and one that has immediately proven to be successful in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship, with drivers and teams honours being taken by Antonio Garcia and Jordan Taylor in what is the first season of racing for the mid-engined sports car.

The studio have yet to reveal an exact release date for the new machine, nor for the Cadillac prototype, although we are assured it will arrive as DLC for the simulation in advance of the Christmas holidays.

Stay tuned for more information soon.....

Cadillac_DPi_2020_05 (1).jpg

In other interesting rFactor 2 news, yesterday a first video of the Cadillac DPi in action surfaced on the Studio 397 social media channels, with real world IMSA driver Tristan Vauiter taking to the Sebring International Raceway to guide views through a lap of the famous US track - check it out below:

Original Source; Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Our community have answers! Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great way to engage with your fellow fans of the simulation.

Corvette_C8R_2020_03.jpg

Last edited:
Because apart from iRacing, rF2 has the highest price for DLC compared to any current sim, including R3E with their weird pricing model. While most people with their multi-thousand euro hardware are probably able to afford 5 Euro for a single car, some (most?) aren't willing to do so, because other sims offer the same or more for less money, and they see that the money they pay doesn't actually go to towards fixing long standing issues and bugs which are mentioned as well in every rF2 thread.

In the end it all comes down to preference I think. If rF2 is your main sim, you'll have no problem paying 5 Euro for a car every few months. If you don't drive rF2 that much, paying 5 Euro for one car on the chance that it might be really good is something to think about first.
I will be the last one to claim that rF2 DLC content is cheap, but it's a myth that you have to spent 5 Euro every month to get access to the cars. In fact I would say that it is your own fault/responsibility if you are doing it like that and there are very few exceptions that actually force this way of payment. Most of the content, including the new stuff shown in this topic are sold in packs and if you aren't buying at release, wich is allways more expensive no matter what you buy and doesn't make sense if you aren't a fan, you can get some decent deals. Next to the fact that you get unlimited access to 3rd party content to expand your game, wich makes more than up for one Euro more compared to the average R3E car. People who think that S397 are greedy and try to get rich to enjoy drinks on their golden yacht are a bit off the mark I think. It's true that you get four tracks and 2 cars cheaper somewhere else, but on the other hand I have recieved alot of free content by S397 (Portland, Zandvort, Botniaring, Lester) and more than ten new cars along the way. The Stockcar alone with all the different tire compounds must have been quite an effort, so I would say that we are actually more on the bright than the dark side. As you see, there are more thinks to consider than just looking at the price itself.

it's a myth that you have to spent 5 Euro every month to get access to the cars.
Then it's a good job I didn't write that. phew :)

on the other hand I have recieved alot of free content by S397 (Portland, Zandvort, Botniaring, Lester) and more than ten new cars along the way.
I've received a lot of free stuff for AC and AMS, along with lots more mods than rF2. That still isn't an excuse for the price point of the DLC. You are correct about waiting for packs and deals. You never know what content will be paired with what down the line and maybe there's a pack where you actually save money and not buying double. I'm still holding out for a sale on the Ferrari GTE.

Last edited:
Because I do care. I might still consider it if DLC cost the same as in the other sims. I stopped buying rF2 DLC some time ago because it's just not worth it for how much I play rF2, but I'm still interested. If it was half price, I might have gotten at least the full GTE field.

Longford and Loch Drummond are from the ISI days, as are the aforementioned Nissan GT500 and the old USF2000. I'm not sure if the new Loch Drummond was a remake or an update. Longford was a 3PA track.
usf2000 and nissan gt500 are from S397 even if the Nissan was made by isi it's S397 that finalized it and released it for free!

Then it's a good job I didn't write that. phew :)

I've received a lot of free stuff for AC and AMS, along with lots more mods than rF2. That still isn't an excuse for the price point of the DLC. You are correct about waiting for packs and deals. You never know what content will be paired with what down the line and maybe there's a pack where you actually save money and not buying double. I'm still holding out for a sale on the Ferrari GTE.
Even if you don't like it, but having the option for mod support in a game and free content is in fact an important factor for the price point of your DLCs, because it creates inhouse competition. Let's just imagine what would have happened if they offered a version of Sebring, Spa, Le Mans, Monaco or Nürburgring in a similar quality of the allready available 3rd party options? It's pretty safe to say that that nobody would have purchased the tracks, so they massively stepped up the quality, even developed new tech for it and hired new artists. What do you think where this increase in quality and manpower get's reflected? People asked for high quality official lisenced (aka expensive AF ) tracks and they got it, simple as that.

Let's say you purchase the single Porsche Cup car for rF2, something that I did when it was first released. Sure it was a bit more expensive than the car in R3E, but I didn't have to spend 7,77 for additional skins. In contrast to that I got dozens of skins for free from the Enduracers modding team with complete grids for the Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain, France and the Mobile 1 cup in Germany. Now you even get that car with the Radical and M2 CS and whole Nords for a tenner. Wait a few more days and it get's even cheaper with a discount.

I agree with you that AC and AMS are great deals now, but there is something to consider.
What you get in AMS or AC is irrelevant. If you want to drive the best Spa in rF2 it doesn't matter how much you pay for it in the other sims as production costs can vary. DLCs for AMS and AC weren't that cheap either when I purchased them. Not everyone got AC Ultimate edition for 7 Euro. As said, I don't think that the DLCs in rF2 are cheap and in a perfect world I would offer them for free to get as many people online as possible. But I don't consider them to be too expensive either with the current state of the multiplayer and the size of the target audience.

the pack of Tatuus he could have made him pay 10euro nobody would have found to say again so much it is good (well if you) the radical free, free botniaring, 3 Mclaren single-seater, Nissan GT500, USF20002 F1 75 (march, brabham) Zandvoort old and new layout, new bentley and free audi if you own the old ones, all FREE, (acc made paid the Ferrari evo and AMG evo lol) don't talk to me about AMS2 I bought 100euro for the game and dlc and I end up with a pcars 2.5...
I close the debate by saying if you find too much at home not to buy anything is mandatory!
have a good day!
I must be crazy it's the best offer i've never seen!!! GT3 30€, 4 tracks 24'60€ Endurance pack 21€ and 29'99 the game, all free if you buy it before.

Because I do care. I might still consider it if DLC cost the same as in the other sims. I stopped buying rF2 DLC some time ago because it's just not worth it for how much I play rF2, but I'm still interested. If it was half price, I might have gotten at least the full GTE field.
I still don't get why would anybody want full GTE field in a sim they don't play much? Collecting virtual cars?
If price is your only criteria and you want the latest trendy cars cheap and don't care about plenty of good free content then RF2 is not the best option.

Longford and Loch Drummond are from the ISI days, as are the aforementioned Nissan GT500 and the old USF2000. I'm not sure if the new Loch Drummond was a remake or an update. Longford was a 3PA track.
Longford is from S397, not from ISI.
There are 2 versions of Loch Drummond: old ISI and new S397.
I was refering to S397 version.

Longford is from S397, not from ISI.
No it's from woochoo. Like I said, IIRC it was a mod that turned 3rd Party Associate (3PA) track under ISI, but has been redone and re-released by woochoo for S397.

There are 2 versions of Loch Drummond: old ISI and new S397.
The new one is the old one, but updated.

But that's technicalities. Both were free updates to existing content, and that's something to like.

Right but we are on dx12

Free? are you talking about game content price for 29´99€ ? comparing with 12`95€ ACC, 18´99€ for AMS2 or Assetto Corsa for 4´99 € ? or are you talking about workshop that´s not from S397 ? mods are not property from S397, but i can tell you some free cars Kunos gave us on Assetto Corsa updates for free, did you see any new dlc free on RF2 from S397? If they want to be greater than other companies with an old game they have to be more competitive in price, not giving free sure, this is a business
I like the game but is not my target pay more than 50€ for playing Endurance races 2-3 times a year and empty public servers the rest of time, just think about Assetto Corsa, released on 2015, still full of public servers full of drivers, or Pcars2
The most interesting content for Rf2 is paid content from S397 and i´m happy to pay for original content more than a stupid free mod with bad physics but S397 dlc are too expensive, so that´s why you cannot find same full servers like others games.
Not my intention tells you Rf2 is a bad game and S397 not deserves we´ll buy their dlc but a better price will be great for the simracing community and S397 making more fans, old and new fans

@maranello78 , Wise words man, you have my full support.

RF2 is the best except in the graphics. But lately their selling has gone into iracing selling mode.
They have big issues to solve in his platform but they know how to handle it: "one car each month and they wont cry"...and yeah i also love cars and content but we need more core love, not only for ours walets.

Yeah I know i am getting emotional..

Last edited:
That's right so this is why you cannot sells 4 tracks for 24'60€ while ACC offers 4 tracks láser scanned plus more than 20 liveries for 14'95 and if you search out of steam you can find dlc cheaper than 15€. For me Rf2 is a great game despite no great graphics but i think they could be strong with more cheaper prices, at least i'll buy every dlc if they launch a great offer so they can race against ACC, AC1, Pc2 or Ams2
Nobody forces you to buy it.
I own all those titles too, with most DLC's, and a have spend € 1000 on iRacing subs and content.
But nothing gives me the simulator feeling as rF2 does.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back