rFactor 2 | Cadillac DPi & More In October Development Roadmap

Exactly lol But what else could be expected really, they work with 3Ds and share their tools with modders, so thats fair. Blender has been mentioned in the past, they were considering supporting it too, but who knows when and or if ever. Meanwhile there is one guy working on addon to enable blender to be able to export rF2 stuff, he has been doing that since forever, and currently is still working on 2.8 version blender addon, but it is same story - absolutely no idea how his progress is, doesn't communicate that much, just like real developer lol they talk so little haha

200-300€ per year to spend lots of your time to develop something for community and then possibly not even get any feedback lol (it starts making better sense to do mods personally for yourself sadly). Still much. Personally I don't even like 3Ds max.

External editor would be brilliant... They had one already called "gJed", but discontinued it unfortunately... Anyway there still had to be specific fbx export with specifically flagged meshes and objects for rF2.

I have few mods partly ported to rF2 with blender. I used Travellers blender 2.79 addon and gJed (that was already not supported anymore). Travellers addon was able to export .gmt files directly, but it was a bit too dark area for me. Coming from AC it was nice to have an external editor step. So I was able to do something by exporting .fbx and opening it with gJed. There were some imperfections and difficulties since the blender script was originally meant to export .gmt and gJed was outdated already....

Modding.... but who cares about it really. Developers release "usual suspects" content what majority of guys want. Modding could fill in the cavities, such as historic content, street content... but who cares anymore... I am hugelly pessimistic about broader modding support in rF2 (that would be blender support), as well as pessimistic about ever having healthy modding development process again where community puts in their support and you could actually feel not alone... which I feel ended when Kunos has closed their subforum of WIP modding... and it still got outmodded to the insanity.

I was not aware a indy license excists for Max.
Might pull the trigger on that one.

But for many people it would still be quite some money for their free mods, as a photoshop and substance license comes highly recomended.

Finland

But for many people it would still be quite some money for their free mods, as a photoshop and substance license comes highly recomended.

Wait to next big sale on Steam and you maybe get Substance painter/designer cheaper than it’s now.

Yes, all programs you mentioned will pay some amount of the money and if you only do free mods you have to thing twice if want spend money to licenses.

Evi

Premium
Funny guys. Like modders had the money to buy 3DS Max.
How about an official plugin for Blender instead?
+1
IMHO, I would just document and make public GMT file format. Then, I feel, modders would write plugins themselves. Or better, make it and open-source project so Studio397 and community can collaborate.
There was a blender plugin, but main problem was that it took enormous time and effort to reverse-engineer all the required data and how to store them properly in GMT.

I don't see any value in data format per-se. Even if someone could "steal" data from the file - where would they go ? rF2 is quite quickly becoming the only platform that allows modding anyway. In any case, all the licensed data are encrypted anyway.

Evi

Premium

Indie license is still not cheap. For student license - you have to prove that you are a student.
As for Photoshop - GIMP is quite capable replacement.
Regarding Substance Painter - quite a lot can be done with Blender itself. And there are open-source projects that can do quite decent job as well.

Great news! How does the Oreca compare in performance with the Cadillac? Are the DPis faster by default ir can they compete on equal level?
When IMSA first introduced LMP2 to their series, they tried to balance the two divisions, and had some success by the end of that year. The team working with rF2 won a couple of races with thier LMP2 Orecas. But by the end of the season, the DPI's won out. After that, further rule changes allowed the DPi cars to become the dominant class, There is a clear separation of pace due mainly to increased horsepower allowed in the DPi cars. Also IMSA allowed the builders to upgrade the DPi chassis and aero so that the 3 main chassis, Oreca(Acura) Dallara(Caddillac) and Riley/Multimatic(Mazda) were all fairly equal. None of the DPi cars would be able to meet LMP2 Homologation due to these updates. So DPi are several seconds faster per lap than LMP2, which are faster than GTE which are faster than GT3/GTD(imsa name for the GT3 class) ((GTDaytona))

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
United Kingdom
I'd have to sort of agree with you on that one but Ermin is a good guy and tells it like it is and I think he just genuinely enjoys the game. Like I do, warts and all, not on me though :D

I can forgive this sim everything because of the driving experience.

That said studio 397 - if you could make it a little easier to set up a multiclass single player race where I can select the cars I want, it would be appreciated!

Patrik Marek

Premium
can't help it but despite all settings being set to max, somehow my RF2 just doesn't look like what I'm seeing in the video or screenshots :-/
I don't have the nordschleife so I can't make a direct comparison, but looking at Lemans, also doesn't feel quite the same

I guess maybe I have some reshade or something :-/

Do you use the same time of day as in the pics or videos you like? Sunset and
sunrise and close hours are when the picture looks better.

Patrik Marek

Premium
Do you use the same time of day as in the pics or videos you like? Sunset and
sunrise and close hours are when the picture looks better.
I always try to find a similar time of day, yes.
My colors feel bit washed out with different temperature, which leads me to believe that maybe at some point I installed reshade and I haven't removed it, but yeah, maybe need to tweak it some more

but anyhow,
I heard some rumours that they might make it easier for modders to get thier stuff into rf2, with possibility to tweak it directly in game, so maybe by the time we're done with our cars for AC, rf2 will be ready

Are you on VR, Triple Monitors, Ultrawides or ... ?

• VR

Votes: 337 36.5%
  • Triples

Votes: 167 18.1%
  • Ultrawide

Votes: 200 21.7%
  • Single Screen / Other

Votes: 219 23.7%