Studio 397 have released a significantly updated version of Zandvoort for the rFactor 2 simulation.
With somewhat perfect timing considering Formula One have just confirmed their return to the Dutch venue from the 2020 Grand Prix season, Studio 397 have today deployed a new update to their Zandvoort circuit for rFactor 2.
Featuring plenty of changes, updates and improvements to the content, the Zandvoort circuit is a free addition to rFactor 2 and can be downloaded now from the Steam Workshop page of the sim.
Zandvoort V1.02 Update Notes:
- Track is updated to 2019 configuration, changes:
- Tweaked asphalt texture & shaders, structure more visible, less blurry in the distance.
- Pitlane Coloured striping on less blurry when far away.
- Tweaked offroad dust and tiresmoke coming from the car, should look more natural, bit less pixelated.
- Collision outerwall altered slightly, so you can drive around the full support sandroad, but only can enter the track from the pitlane.
- Smoothed braking zone (washboard effect) before Tarzanconer.
- Reworked grass/dirt/curbstone masking, for better of connection of different textures.
- Added 2nd skidmark layer for a more lively road appearance.
- Tweaked skidmark spec and normals, rubber shines more than the track at low light angles.
- Many (too) white objects lowered tone a bit, so less overexposure at low sun positions.
- Many objects tone changed slightly for better appereance.
- Tirewall texturing redone.
- Start-finish bridge, better bump/spec maps, added cube shader.
- RedBull-arch at pitlane entry, 3d model redone, better texture and normal/spec maps.
- Racecontrol-tower texturing added better bump/spec maps.
- Pitlane building texture and shader upgrades, fixed to bright reflections of cubemaps in windows.
- Crowds, added a lot more and different amounts for all track states and layouts.
- Added pit entrance/exit/keep out signs.
- Changed max pit speed to 60km.
- Paddock and infield have more diverse objects and better positioned.
- Added rF2 flags last part of main straight.
- Added new Paddock Club building at inside Tarzan corner.
- Tarzan exit ribbed-curb now real 3D, texturing upgraded.
- Trackside banners better bump/spec maps, added cube shader.
- Added buildings, a whole town of Zandvoort and the Centerparks bungolowpark for more accurate horizon view (low poly don't worry).
- Reworked trees and treelines at horizon.
- Bigblue crane now only shows up in qualy-race, less bright reflections in window.
- Bricks next to curbsstones have better mappings and normalmap shaders.
- Clubhouse at Scheivlak fixed too bright cubemap, added normalmap shaders.
- Paddock buildings, added cubemap and normalmap shaders.
- Restaurant fixed too bright cubemap, added normalmap shaders.
- Tunnel under mainstraight added banner above.
- Concrete plates above tunnel on straight new texture and shaders.
- Toilets, added normalmap shaders fixed to bright cubemap on windows.
- New disabled people stand next to main grandstand.
- Removable guardrail (splits the layouts) better textured.
- Radar tower now at correct position.
- Optimized objects and lod's for better performance.
rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC.
Follow the news, join the discussion! Head over to our rFactor 2 sub forum and involve yourself with the community today..
Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!