RF2 Vs SCE

I've raced RF2 for some time and just recently started using SCE and SCE just feels better to me. The cars feel stuck to the road vs riding sort of on top of it, its hard to explain. The Ai is just much better in SCE too. Granted more modern sims can look better eye candy wise, but SCE is just a great complete package.
Now ive heard SCE will no longer be updated and will now only be carried on steam, which I can't stand, so is what I have now for SCE pretty much as far as SCE will go ?

I've raced RF2 for some time and just recently started using SCE and SCE just feels better to me. The cars feel stuck to the road vs riding sort of on top of it, its hard to explain. The Ai is just much better in SCE too. Granted more modern sims can look better eye candy wise, but SCE is just a great complete package.
Now ive heard SCE will no longer be updated and will now only be carried on steam, which I can't stand, so is what I have now for SCE pretty much as far as SCE will go ?
If you owned SCE in Steam before January 5th you will get Automobilista for free.
Is a new sim from Reiza which will include all SCE content + new cars and tracks.

Reiza owned rf1 graphic engine so they surely developed an alternative to rf2 graphic engine, their own rf2 engine, let's say it like that.

If all goes like expected, it could be a title that can actually pair to rFactor 2 in terms of physics, AI and FFB.

Yea but like I said its only through Steam, and since I don't like Steam, SCE will probably just slowly fade away as Automobilista takes over. That is unless Automobilista downloads will work on the old SCE.
I just downloaded SCE and not through Steam, and I think the free upgrade was through Jan 7th or something like that.

Yea but like I said its only through Steam, and since I don't like Steam, SCE will probably just slowly fade away as Automobilista takes over. That is unless Automobilista downloads will work on the old SCE.
I just downloaded SCE and not through Steam, and I think the free upgrade was through Jan 7th or something like that.
You are correct, there won't be any more updates for SCE once Automobilista is released, and AMS will be Steam only. SCE is a great sim, AMS will improve upon SCE and is the next step before their completely new title in 2017. Steam isn't all that bad, my opinion.

Reactions: hex
I still don't understand why people hates or fear Steam...
If someone tells me "you will have an awesome sim for free on steam" I will install it twice just to be sure I will receive the free game without worries.

I first installed Steam b/c I got a free copy of Far Cry 1 on Steam when I bought Far Cry 2 on disc. I have been hooked since. The biggest problem with Steam is I have bought 10 times more games than I need/have time to play... And I see them all in my library taunting me.

i agree with the road feeling ( i do feel also the ffb gives a better feeling of gripping tarmac) RF2 still has some great ffb qualites though. I just have this sense of front wheels on ice feeling a lot and needs much more steering self aligning torque when cornering hard and fast.

AI though in rf2 is the industry best though closely followed by RRE ai.. SCE ai get stuck behind you on straights makes defending easy.

Just read in the Reiza interview that the FFB refresh rate in Automobilista has been "upscaled". I don't know much about that, but for reference the author mentions that rF2 is at 400khz and SCE is at 100khz. More must be better? Looking forward to AMS even more.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back