Rf2 vs ACC

I've been playing the old RF2 since it came out, but recently lost access to it.

I bought AC recently as it was cheap and I like it but it's much more a game than a sim.

I will be mostly playing off line without spending on DLC, but using free mods. I'd like to race online a bit but can't make leagues.
I race every class without preference. The AI behaviour is more important.

Rfactor2 Steam and Assett Corsa Competizione are currently about the same price, though ACC seems to come with a lot more content in the Ultimate pack which matches RF2's price.

ACC seems more glitzy than gutsy, but Rfactor2 used to be very complicated.

Which would you choose if you could only have one?

Depends on what one wants out of the game.

If you want more variety and free mods, go rFactor 2. Can become pricey if you want the good stuff (=DLC)

If you want a deep GT3 simulation (with GT4 on the way) and a competent online system, go ACC. Can be a bit of a grind to reach the Saftey Rating required to enter the competent servers.

Edit:
It just occurred to me, you should to the same poll on the ACC subforums and then compare percentages. If you only pst it here you can just go buy rF2 now because it will have more votes for sure :)

Last edited:
Personally I prefer RF2, there's lots of free good quality tracks and cars available. You don't need to buy all the dlc at once, spread it over time. I have both ACC and AC which I play but I seem to get bored with both games after a surprisingly short time and I end up going back to RF2. RF2 just seems to be a more believable driving experience, admittedly the graphic aren't quite so pretty but there getting better all the time.

In my opinion you can't compare ACC and RF2. ACC is a specific game (GT3). Is the same if you compare RF2 with F1 2019. Is more correct compare RF2 with AC or PC2. My answer is "I have both". ACC because is the best GT3 simulation, RF2 for physic, many tracks, open wheel, street cars...

For me RF2 without hesitation I only have RF2 and ACC left on Steam. I bought ACC at the very beginning to see what it would do with Unreal engine, but here I am forced to play on a single screen to have graphics pretty much correct with a 2560x1080 but I am disappointed because with a 1080ti I expected that at the minimum the graphics would be like RF2 which is not the case.
I run ACC from time to time to see if it improves but I join RF2 a few minutes later and there I smile because I use 3 screens = 1920x1080-2560x1080-1920x1080 with beautiful graphics, a full view of the cockpit at good scale and above all a very good driving feeling.
For an idea: 1540 hours on RF2 and 24 hours on the last two weeks. And 25 hours on ACC and 17 minutes on the last two weeks all trying to improve the visual and the feeling.
PS: I only play in sp.

Both are great in their own way but I have a better offline experience in ACC. Studio 397 simply isn't addressing any SP bugs that have been there for years.
ACC is where i spend 90% of my sim time nowadays simply because GT3 is my favorite discipline but I have hundreds of hours in rF2. Actually, I haven't played anything other than these two in over a year.

But honestly, if you're looking for unbiased results in a poll, you're doing it the wrong way :rolleyes:

From a VR only perspective, rF2 wins easily... (i7 9700k @ 4.9 Ghz, rtx 2080 ti & Odyssey +)
To get a 90 fps stutter free experience in ACC, graphics have got to be turned so low that it looks awful. Just a blurry mess.

Its obvious that ACC is limited by current generation tech & will hopefully shine in VR when the rtx 3XXX series cards come out.

For physics & ffb, rF2 still the best.

Online/ Multiplayer - ACC.

I clicked ACC, but it's close, both have pros and cons. Looking from a purely offline perspective in what follows here.

ACC looks better, but being a VR player, performance is much worse. I think rF2 looks and runs better in VR, given the amount of settings that need turning down in ACC. Some people don't like the way rF2 looks, but I think it has quite a natural feel to it. Perhaps not as detailed as ACC, but it's capable of looking very nice indeed in the right lighting conditions.

Driving similar cars in each, I wouldn't say one is better than the other. Other's may get hung up on physics and FFB, but they both work well enough for me. Driving all the major sims, I doubt I could tell which physics and FFB belonged to which game in a 'blind taste test'.

AI is where rF2 prides itself, but so much is missing or flawed as mentioned above, I don't run weather, or pitstops. It's very good on short races though. Mod tracks can let it down at times, with poorly tuned AI spinning or taking weird lines. You've got to be careful about which car and track combos you choose, but when it shines, it really shines.
The ACC AI is good, but nothing fancy, they don't seem to fight very hard to save a position, in fact they almost wave you through sometimes.

The new UI in rF2 is horrible, I hate it with a passion. It flickers, stutters, lags and just doesn't look good to me. Sometimes it crashes and puts up an error message behind the game window, so sometimes I'm sat waiting staring at a loading screen, not realising it's had an error. I wish they weren't retiring the old, less flashy UI, for me it's much more functional although it does have it's own problems. Also the more tracks and cars you have installed the longer it takes to load up as well. I keep my cars and tracks in a different folder and transfer only the ones I want to drive into the game folder.
The ACC UI works well, isn't anything fancy, but it's all nicely presented and has lots of info.

I play most of the major sims, but I wish rF2 fully lived up to its early promise. If they sorted out the AI bugs/flaws, the horrible UI and had an offline championship mode (in game) I wouldn't need anything else. Sadly, if frustrates me so much at times, I go weeks without playing it.

The prices of the DLC present better value in ACC to, but it's a shame we can't run a custom championship with it. RF2, thanks to the excellent rFactor2 log analyzer makes custom championship easy, but really after all this time, we should be able to do it in game.

ACC, whilst perhaps not quite as good a racing experience as rF2 (if the conditions are right), I think it's a more professional package when looking at the whole product.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back