RF2 recording

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by jimortality, Feb 16, 2015.

1. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +996
    I've gone back to August 2013 to try and find an answer to this but I want to record RF2 with my Dell 29" monitor at 2560 x 1080. Open broadcast software won't record in 64bit, Shadowplay that comes with Gforce experience is a bit meh and fraps and the like give you too much of a framrate hit. So I'm a stuck as to what to use. I tried Action trial and that just crashes RF2 so yeah, I just want to record but I either have to drop the res down to 1920x1080 which just doesn't work on a 21.9 screen so HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,429
    I use shadow play. It records with an assigned key.
    Works like a charm for me. :thumbsup: It records what is displayed.

And it records all resolutions. ;)

I've made a Youtube 1920x1080 60hz profile. So i just drop the video in there and let it render a video (smaller in size) for youtube.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +996
    The only problem with shadowplay is the gforce experience causes me issues for some reason but I may try it again as I know Yuri uses that.

4. Jason Palmer

Jason Palmer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +103
    There must be a problem with your OBS install as I have RF2 in 64bit and only just used OBS to record some clips yesterday without any problems.

Do you have the latest version of OBS installed and also I think contained within the OBS install folder is a 64bit version of the exec that you could try.

Jason.

5. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +996
    Yes mate, I've tried everything to get it to work but it just stutters really bad.

6. Jason Palmer

Jason Palmer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +103
    Then it could be down to GPU's then mate.

I have a Radeon R9 280x are you rocking an nvidia based card.

Jason.

7. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +996
    Yes, a GTX770 do you think the card may not be up to it?

8. Jason Palmer

Jason Palmer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +103
    That i dont know as its been years since i used an Nvidia card, bit of an AMD fan not sure why but i suppose some one has to be, what about trying the latest drivers for the GPU to see if that helps.

Jason.

9. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,104
    OC'd 660 Ti for me and shadowplay works great. I had uninstall geforce experience and reinstall a while ago because I was having some issues but its been fine the last few updates. A 770 should be fine Jim. I would try a clean install see if that helps.

Shadowplay is the lightest recording software I have tried. In fact the last few updates I don't think it costs me any fps when recording. Its great and free (if you own a Nvidia card).

10. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +996
    Ok Jason thanks anyway

Cheers mate I will try shadowplay again.

11. Geoffrey Fournier

Geoffrey Fournier

Ratings:
    +71
    And if our pc doesn't have the specs for use ShadowPlay, what software is the best to record? Fraps make my fps down way too much...