RF2 recording

I've gone back to August 2013 to try and find an answer to this but I want to record RF2 with my Dell 29" monitor at 2560 x 1080. Open broadcast software won't record in 64bit, Shadowplay that comes with Gforce experience is a bit meh and fraps and the like give you too much of a framrate hit. So I'm a stuck as to what to use. I tried Action trial and that just crashes RF2 so yeah, I just want to record but I either have to drop the res down to 1920x1080 which just doesn't work on a 21.9 screen so HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I use shadow play. It records with an assigned key.
Works like a charm for me. :thumbsup: It records what is displayed.

And it records all resolutions. ;)

I've made a Youtube 1920x1080 60hz profile. So i just drop the video in there and let it render a video (smaller in size) for youtube.
The only problem with shadowplay is the gforce experience causes me issues for some reason but I may try it again as I know Yuri uses that.

There must be a problem with your OBS install as I have RF2 in 64bit and only just used OBS to record some clips yesterday without any problems.

Do you have the latest version of OBS installed and also I think contained within the OBS install folder is a 64bit version of the exec that you could try.

Jason.

There must be a problem with your OBS install as I have RF2 in 64bit and only just used OBS to record some clips yesterday without any problems.

Do you have the latest version of OBS installed and also I think contained within the OBS install folder is a 64bit version of the exec that you could try.

Jason.
Yes mate, I've tried everything to get it to work but it just stutters really bad.

That i dont know as its been years since i used an Nvidia card, bit of an AMD fan not sure why but i suppose some one has to be, what about trying the latest drivers for the GPU to see if that helps.

Jason.

OC'd 660 Ti for me and shadowplay works great. I had uninstall geforce experience and reinstall a while ago because I was having some issues but its been fine the last few updates. A 770 should be fine Jim. I would try a clean install see if that helps.

Shadowplay is the lightest recording software I have tried. In fact the last few updates I don't think it costs me any fps when recording. Its great and free (if you own a Nvidia card).

That i dont know as its been years since i used an Nvidia card, bit of an AMD fan not sure why but i suppose some one has to be, what about trying the latest drivers for the GPU to see if that helps.

Jason.

Ok Jason thanks anyway

OC'd 660 Ti for me and shadowplay works great. I had uninstall geforce experience and reinstall a while ago because I was having some issues but its been fine the last few updates. A 770 should be fine Jim. I would try a clean install see if that helps.

Shadowplay is the lightest recording software I have tried. In fact the last few updates I don't think it costs me any fps when recording. Its great and free (if you own a Nvidia card).

Cheers mate I will try shadowplay again.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%