rF GPK Indianapolis

Tracks rF GPK Indianapolis 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Nitro McClean submitted a new resource:

rF GPK Indianapolis - rFactor Grand Prix Karting version of Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Grand Prix Karting Indianapolis
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the largest sports venue in the world and the home of the Indianapolis 500. Now we have made it smaller into the size of an outdoor karting track in five different layouts;
  • Brickyard (counter clockwise oval used for the Indy 500)
  • Indy GP (clockwise infield road coarse used for the IndyCar series)
  • Moto GP (counter clockwise infield road coarse used for Moto GP)
  • F1 GP (clockwise infield road coarse...

Read more about this resource...

Just the track that I wanted for a while, thanks! Bit bummed by the absence of the double hairpins on the F1 layout—I love me some memorable tight corners for some reason—but I guess there's no room for them.

In regard to the oval layouts: coincidentally, there's a mod called DM Kart, apparently made for short dirt ovals and with the AI that's pretty brutal on proper dirt tracks. With staggered wheels, asymmetric default setups, the kart veering to the left, all that jazz. Here's the Mediafire link, but dunno who and where made it originally. Idk about the realism, but at least you sure have to be smooth with the wheel to carry the speed.

The DM Kart AI drives quite okay on the Brickyard layout here, though alas is rather weak—seems I need to slip in a better setup. Also, the centerline is not really the optimal way through the turns.

You might also want to set TrackType = Short Track Oval in the gdb file for Brickyard—so that the AI observes the oval rule of not changing lanes into other cars. (The track in fact is longer than many short ovals, and might be wider than UK ovals.) With that parameter, the AI karts seem to drive in pack-style trains quite beautifully. It's not too realistic to have the spotter chirp up in a kart race, but let's say this simulates the proper field of vision and head rotation of the driver.

Last edited:
By the way, if I set the race start option to ‘fast rolling start’, then on the Brickyard layout even with 24 cars I'm getting the glitch where instead of the race start, the drivers embark on another formation lap (and more of these laps if the field gets broken and jumbled in the meantime). I asked about this glitch previously, and have been told that this is due to the ‘teleport spot’ being too close to the start line in the AIW—so that the leader ends up after the start line before the green flag should fly.

Dunno if the teleport spot depends on the number of cars in the race—if yes, then presumably it needs to be even further back for the full 33 cars.

Another problem with the fast rolling start is that the cars spawn in a cluttered formation instead of the proper two lines, and at a too low speed, and then the AIs fumble with steering into a single file for some reason—meanwhile the leader pretty much takes off into the horizon, and the entire field stretches across the circuit, throwing the whole formation start idea out the window. I've seen this on many tracks, but idk how to fix it. If someone figures this out, perhaps I can later correct some of the other tracks I have.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back