AC Reverse grid test 2x25min, Thursday 25th March

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
To all RaceDepartment drivers

At this moment s.gp doesn't support the 2x25min with top 5 reverse grid format that we used a lot in our events in the past.
We want to see if we can simulate this format by using the Championship function and with a formation lap as start of race 2.
Race 2 will have a rolling start after the formation lap. Overtaking is not allowed before or in turn 1.
It's a gentlement agreement of the participants to use the formationlap to get to their starting position according to the format: Top 5 reverse grid, others the position where they finished in race 1.

Communication will be essential so joining on Discord with speech function is a must!

If you have the time and you want to help us to organise interesting events in the future, please register here: https://beta.simracing.gp/championships/U68lJVWq68urrNkf_iau6

Important: s.gp servers are configured to start up only if at least 6 persons have registered.
So with less registered drivers the event will automatically be canceled at startup time.

Last edited:
Is the push to pass working, or has it been disabled for the race?
or does anyone even know it has a P2P ability?
I didn't know but I read a post on it now that it should work with the button for 'kers'. I'm going to try it tomorrow.

Yeah, just tested it offline. Use the kers button. In qualy you can use your 15 shots as quickly as you like. In race there's a minimum time between the shots when it's blocked. Not sure for how long, 60 seconds? 90 seconds?...

It may only have been 7 drivers, I really enjoyed myself, second race, as it was just a fun test race, I loved the chance to be a go for it driver, must be a first for me. :roflmao: :roflmao:
Pretty sure I did nothing wrong with the collision but waited for everyone anyway, I could see the next corner tragedy in my mirror.
I just doodled and waited for everyone to catch up, think I gave everyone a scare, the rearview mirror really distorts distance.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
just looked at the replay, as I guessed, thanks to Hape seeing me, I was only a bit kamikaze, but got away with it.

Oh well, back to being sensible.:geek:

OIP (4).jpg

@Fiberoptix , @Kek700 , @boomRoasted , @doof205 , @hape , @Erik Axelsson

Thanks everyone tonight for joining and helping me with this test.

The solution of using championships does work with a bonus that we have also a result over the two races combined. You can see it here: https://beta.simracing.gp/championships/U68lJVWq68urrNkf_iau6

The formation lap for the reverse grid went very well with only 7 drivers. It's questionable if that will also be the case with a full grid.
I think we have to test that sometime.

For me it was also an opportunity to test the Audi TT Cup for tracks that are too boring for the MX5. I don't know what you think but I had a great time with this car. And the push-to-pass could be even more useful on tracks with more and longer straights.

So I probably will alternate the Audi with the MX5 for the Wednesday events.

Not a problem @HF2000 this was quite an enjoyable race and I liked the gap in-between. Maybe a ten-minute gap with a five-minute practice would be better? I am the odd man out being in the U.S. and racing mid-day as opposed to the majority who are racing at night. The gap doesn't bother me much either way.

To correlate with my post in the MX5 thread from yesterday...I think this car with the P2P is a great alternative to the MX5. Although a 40-min race may be a bit hard on the tires of the Audi. I was having trouble with the front left during this race and wouldn't want to push it past 30-min without a pit.

Thanks for all your time and effort it is very appreciated!

Thanks @HF2000 for organising the event last night. I really like the double header and must say the formation lap and rolling start really adds to the drama of it all. I could genuinely feel the pressure building in the second race and nearly understeered off in T1 :D

Apologies again to Hans-Peter, my driving in the first race was shocking and I was finding it really hard to follow closely. I ended up punting him not once but twice and frankly felt embarrassed for my driving. Anyway, all i could do was obey the golden rule, wait and enjoy chasing Hans without punting a third time!

In the second race I was really enjoying keeping pace with @HF2000 and @Fiberoptix until boom, black screen and really weird PC issues meant I was suddenly in the gravel. Rebooted and got back in then figured I'd exit the pits in my earlier position despite being laps down. @Erik Axelsson was happy for me to race so thanks there. Not sure what others' views are on this but i figured with it being a bit of a practice session, rejoining in the pack was ok.

@HF2000 might be worth setting the event up with no break between races, but instead 15 minutes of practice. Then we can all drop out of the first server, join the second and then go get a drink without worrying about rejoining in time.

One other thing to note is on the experience of races with fewer people. I find it quite nice racing with <10 people as you can actually chat a little about the race on Discord. With full grid races you can't realistically chat about it post-race. Races with splits might be good for this so times are close? Could that be done? Set up a qualifying server then two servers for the top 10 and bottom 10?

Lewis, these are great suggestions :thumbsup: ! Thank you very much.

Yes I can lengthen practice. Good idea. I will for the next test.

To have more battles for everyone and give non- frontrunners a better chance of a podium, your idea of splitting the second race is very promising and is certainly worth a test.
Of course automatic selection of the second race isn't supported by simracing.gp so this has te be done on a gentleman's agreement also. Afterwards the hosting staff member can check if everyone has joined the correct server for race 2.

I will discuss this with my fellow staff members.

Points system.
Is this the eventual out come of using the championship, is it going to be points over two events representing one actual event.
Or is the points system cumulative over a number of events.
Or is the points system irrelevant.
:)

@Fiberoptix , @Kek700 , @boomRoasted , @doof205 , @hape , @Erik Axelsson

Thanks everyone tonight for joining and helping me with this test.

The solution of using championships does work with a bonus that we have also a result over the two races combined. You can see it here: https://beta.simracing.gp/championships/U68lJVWq68urrNkf_iau6

The formation lap for the reverse grid went very well with only 7 drivers. It's questionable if that will also be the case with a full grid.
I think we have to test that sometime.

For me it was also an opportunity to test the Audi TT Cup for tracks that are too boring for the MX5. I don't know what you think but I had a great time with this car. And the push-to-pass could be even more useful on tracks with more and longer straights.

So I probably will alternate the Audi with the MX5 for the Wednesday events.

Thanks for organizing Han! I think the Audi is a great alternative to the mx5 and P2P really makes it more interesting. 40 min races would be no problem since the hard tires are pretty much equally fast as mediums. (I used them yesterday)

I think I battled with everyone in the field at some point and I really had a good time despite we were only seven drivers. :thumbsup:

Points system.
Is this the eventual out come of using the championship, is it going to be points over two events representing one actual event.
Very good questions for the splitting up race 2. I don't know but the last option (irrelevant) is always feasible as we agree that the points are irrelevant. Fun is the most important factor and there are no points for that automated.

Points system.
@Kek700 I've set up in s.gp (not published yet) a championship with three events with the last two starting at the same time. So it looks like it's possible to have the second race divided into a frontrunners and backmarkers event. I guess that scoring for the championship will be simply the points you get in those events. So the best frontrunners will still win the championship because they will have more points from race 1. But the best backmarkers from race 2 will probably have more points than the slowest frontrunners. Does this makes sense?

Last edited:
@Kek700 I've set up in s.gp (not published yet) a championship with three events with the last two starting at the same time. So it looks like it's possible to have the second race divided into a frontrunners and backmarkers event. I guess that scoring for the championship will be simply the points you get in those events. So the best frontrunners will still win the championship because they will have more points from race 1. But the best backmarkers from race 2 will probably have more points than the slowest frontrunners. Does this makes sense?

I have a few reservations. I'm guessing that if one runs two events @ the same time, both events will have identical driver lists. As a consequence, each driver will have a DNF added to their individual profiles, which might create problems if simracing.gp want to weed out the 'no shows'.

What does one do about lead cars that get involved in a crash in the first race and end up @ the back of the field?

I'd also imagine having two separate groups based on 'performance' would run counter to the aims & goals of RD club racing?

Wish list: If we go down the road of a points system I'd like it to be reflective of the driver's sim-experience, age, disability, etc.,.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back