rF2 Renault Clio's @ Croft - Thursday July 26th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I've only just downloaded the croft track, so no time to play with the setup and 20 minutes of practice so far on this new track! right now my times are 1.36.2 (default setup)

What times should we be aiming for?

Anyone with a setup they would like to share :cool:

Would like to join but don't want to be way off the pace with a small field.

I've only just downloaded the croft track, so no time to play with the setup and 20 minutes of practice so far on this new track! right now my times are 1.36.2 (default setup)

What times should we be aiming for?

Anyone with a setup they would like to share :cool:

Would like to join but don't want to be way off the pace with a small field.
just come online some one will share a setup with you
times so far i saw mid 31's:D
i am in the 33

Made it home in time I'm in.
Edit: For some reason i kept getting kicked out of the server.Said cannot find current track or rfm mismatch.My version of croft is 0.91 and the mod is installed.

Edit:I figured it out.I didn't realize you have to load the mod you want to play before you enter a server.I assumed it would load it automatically.Sry i missed the race but i guess there is a bit of learning curve with a new game.

Race is over before it began.

Got tagged while trying to pass Martin, racing incident that, going into the fast corners.

Then about 4 or 5 laps later, couple of cars in front of Stefan rejoined the track slowly after a spin, Stefan jumps on the brakes, and I go straight into the back of Stefan. Car pretty much undriveable.

That is really annoying, after getting 5th on the grid, and less than a second from pole (i think), (only 0.4 down in the first 2 sectors from pole). Then taken out on lap 3 or 4 of a 23 lap race...

Oh well...good racing to Stefan, Anthony and Martin for the short time it lasted.

Sorry Nick I think I may have started the chain events that led to your incident :(

I clipped the tyres in T1 and flipped the car. I'm not sure who was behind me but they spun trying to avoid me and the next thing I know is all 3 of you came smashing into me whilst I was sat there, still feeling a bit dizzy and trying to getting the car started again!

It's a shame because it's a brilliant combo the Clio at croft.

Don't worry Anthony, that in itself didn't directly cause the incident...if the other driver hadn't of rejoined in front of me and Stefan, then we would of all got through in one piece.

Alot of 'ifs' in motor racing though. If I had made of a better start, then I wouldn't of ended up behind you and Martin, or if Martin and I hadn't of come together, then I wouldn't of been behind you when you spun..if I had of passed Stefan before, I could of seen the track ahead...etc etc...

Alot of wrong place wrong time for me in this race.

pretty good race despite the training i did, it was good fun!, i was in the inside of something but closed the door and hit me and i went straight to a tire column, damaged the car. and then chasing Lee, needed another lap or two to try an attack to him, pretty good :D

thanks for the race!

Nice return to sim racing for me after too long gone. track/car combo a must to drive.
qulied 7th stepping up to 6th the start of second lap and shortly after being premoted to 4th as the two guys infront had i slight disagreement over who owned a particular piece of tarmac.
The next 17 or so laps were lonely to say the least with a managed 7 ish second gap behind and losing a few tenths a lap from in front.
got a bit complacent and was woken up by a couple of two wheel moments. tryed to refocus but then noticed two seconds had disappered from the chap behind (pablo).
From then on no matter what i tryed pablo was relentless in ripping chunks out of the gap getting to within a second and change with a lap to go but i just about managed enough pace to hold the 4th.

good race fellas grats to podium

Well had great fun. What a track, what a car, what a great combo. :D
Forgot which position I qualified, bust have been one of the last spots 10th? 11th?
I was shocked with the 2.5 second gap I had with Miguel. (please post your setup ;) )
I gained 1 or 2 spots in the first 2 corners. In a distance I saw that Nick was wide after the fast righter on the back of the circuit. He resjoined behind me. I was pushing hard to keep him as long as posible behind me. After some laps in the first corner there were some cars in T1 and to avoid a hard crash I braked as hard as I could. This costed Nick the race. Really a shame that it happened. I continued driving, I kep Martin behind me for many laps, sometime the gap was growing , on other laps decreasing. The race was 23 laps and I put exactly that amount in, with the being lapped in mind that would be enough.
With Martin behind me and I driving as fast a possible which was draining my fuel. I had to let Martin pass and go. I finished as 7th and had no fuel left. After the finish at the en of the straight, my engine started stuttering..:confused:

Hope to see you guys next race! :)

Hmm I was the one (close) behind you Anthony when I suddenly had a tire stack in my front bumper :rolleyes::). After that I should re-join the track again but soon realized how badly damaged the car was, and I tried to get off again as soon as possible. That´s when Stefan and Nick hit me from behind. Sorry guys :( . Took my punish in the pits (300s):sleep: .

Not really sure what I think of these tire-stacks all over the track... Seem a bit like rallycross to me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back