Reloaded Shaders for Race 07 (same as Race Remaster)

Misc Reloaded Shaders for Race 07 (same as Race Remaster) 1.8.95

Login or Register an account to download this content

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
AndreasFSC submitted a new resource:

Reloaded Shaders for Race 07 (open beta 1) - Custom shaders for Race 07

View attachment 506353

RELOADED SHADERS FOR RACE 07
-----------------------------

This is a continuation on the shader improvements of Bjarne Hansen.
These were part of the starting point for the project, and the idea is also similar.
The standard shaders use the material settings differently from each others, depending on type, which can result in inconsistent light and reflections.
Different lights and strengths are possible in the same scene.

These shaders work after...

Read more about this resource...

AndreasFSC updated Reloaded Shaders for Race 07 (open beta 1) with a new update entry:

Tweaks and fixes

V1.3
* Tidied up and simplified a lot of code
* Shadow color (slightly bluish now) are now dependent on lights color, and shadow decreases with less light
* New more consistent normals calculations. dx7 and 8 looks more like dx9
* More shadow depth
* A lot of tweaks and fixes
* New "special" materials that will be used more later

* Still some material alpha problems. Brands Hatch has very black skid marks.
I think the easiest fix for now is to (after making a backup) edit the skid mark...

Read the rest of this update entry...

AndreasFSC updated Reloaded Shaders for Race 07 (open beta 1) with a new update entry:

Fixes and updates to latest version

V1.4
* Fixed car undershadow issue and changed shadow amount calculation
* Prepared skybox materials (no lighting) to not conflict with other diffuse materials
* Included North HD sky textures for demonstration. Credits: GTR233
More to be added later.
* Fixed a few inconsistency simplified shader issues.
* Fixed bump map materials.
* Changed car reflections slightly (more to come, still beta)
* Various updates and fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I still cant make Bumpmap and specmap.gfx work on GTR2. It loads but there is no bumpmaping or spec at all.
I decode de encrypted files with wtcced to use them instead of the old ones from gtr2 (I just recall I can do it with that) so I hope it helps.
GRAB__001.JPG

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if it works, it would be great if the same shaders can be shared between games.
I just did some quick tests in gtr2 some time ago, but couldn't make it work the way I wanted, and have been too busy to investigate further

-Well I have all your files decoded (they are all compiled now right?). That is solved. So I start adding shadows.gfx.
Now, I have to "allow" L1 and L2shadowproject. GTR2 needs those.
But I cant use your PS11shadowdraw and VS11shadowproject because crashes.
I can see shadows improved and even the scattering effect like here where you can see the light passing through the holes:
GRABbbb.JPG
-Then I added diffuse.gfx but with your L0 and L1DiffuseT0 it crahses. But still work like charm even in dx8 grass. I´ve seen missing things reapear and in general it looks "cleaned".

-then I added the cubemap.gfx and is fully working and I got to say that the cars reflections are looking awesome:
GRAB_005.JPGGRAB_006.JPG
Unfortunately I still cant use bumpmap.gfx or spec. It doesnt crash but there is no bumpmaping or spec.
So that is probably why I still see the specular light (probably not the color?) into the shadows and through some walls.

About the "overlapping" shadows.
Have you notice that the shadow of the spoiler, mirror, etc. do NOT overlap with the rest of the shadow of the car?
But every other track shadow adds on each other.
BTW you really improved shadows. Even I cannot fully use them they really look better.
GRAB_002.JPGGRAB_000.JPG

I think the game shadow generating is considering the car as a single object, which is a good thing obviously, but every track object as separate objects with their own shadow map.
One thing that doesn't look very good sometimes is that track shadows have gradients. It is not bad in itself, but if two shadows are beside each others it can look like they "restarts". I used a dynamic limit before to keep the shadows more even and reduce them in evening, but it removed the under shadow of the cars (they were clipped) so I had to change it to a multiply solution.

Those Gtr2 screenshots are nice. I wonder why my bump maps don't work... But the road materials you use there looks good

But the road materials you use there looks good
Is original SRPL L20.
I have seen on Hulks pictures that SRPL looks better somewhat than with yours.
I think that you may have calibrated your shaders with "bad lighting" values and I use "good lighting" values with SRPL.

Anyhow, if you already find a way to stop speculars from "going through" that alone wold be really cool. I mean I wouldn´t change the shaders intensities, angles, etc. until everything is working at least properly. And to avoid "washed out" effects also. wink wink.
Those Gtr2 screenshots are nice.
Ha! Maybe you are working on the wrong sim! Just joking.
I remember you saying that it has some issues that RAce doesnt so IDK.

I think I have the scene sorted out and I know where it needs to go. But I kinda lost motivation because it not work GTR2 and I cant even compare, so to speak.
reduce them in evening
No. The correct way to "do that" is to make the effect like in "real life".
And that means to have the same amount of intensity between Direct and Ambient light at full sunrise/sunset (6:00am / 6:00pm) (-180º / +180º) until the shadows dissapear by itself becouse ambient light becomes more "brighter" than direct sun.
Now in my GTR2 the actual number is not the same (I dont know if the shaders or the*.exe are already messing with this).

SunsetAmbientColour = (X+X+X) = 350
SunsetDirectionalColour = (X+X+X) = 250

Try to achieve that with your intensities.
The color I use is just to match my sunset sky with the hole scene. So it doesnt have a point to have random skies.

Until I (hopefully) can make real shadows I have to do it that way. As you know I did some experiments with trying to add the shadows in the shader instead of afterwards. It looked like I had some success, but when adding in other necessary things it broke down. Maybe it is because of the different shader declarations in the gfx files?
I don't give up easily, so I will continue, but there are also so many other things to do, and I work on many areas at the same time. About the track, I have a special shader for that, but it isn't used in the simbin tracks yet, because it is more of a diffuse and specular shader and no bumpmap. But I will also make a version of it that will fit the simbin tracks better, with bumpmaps.

Last edited:
shadows I have to do it that way
I dont think we are talking the same. All Im saying is that shadows are tied up to light intensities. So they tend to dissaper "naturally" when ambient and sunlight get even.
And I have seen that happen in real life when sun sets at 0º. The game does it also but with a different number (i.e 350-250). Could be others but you have to make them match exactly at sunset (and sunrise) to match reality.

I said this because I understand that you were about to "force" this effect. Maybe I get it wrong.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back