Reiza - Some info about the Release

My settings attached. What should I change?
Untitled-1.jpg

I tried it with 50/50/50 and it's a lot better. Turn in response is good now on most of the cars I tried. But slides feel weird: instead of getting that opposite torque from the wheel it goes soft when backend gets loose. Very different from other sims but I guess it's just something to get used to.

I still encounter that PC2'ish low speed understeer on some cars but here you can turn the car with throttle. Especially V8 Supercar is very responsive.

Got to change my initial impression from disappointed to somewhat enthusiastic :)

I'm not sure which wheel to put in the game. I have the TX Leather edition, but it does not appear with that name. The TSX and TX Ferrari appear ... they work and the driving is very good, but the buttons do not match, and the wipers do not work ...

Just tried it out and I'm sorry to say this but I'm pretty disappointed. On G25 the FFB has weird rubberbandy feeling. No matter what values I put to Gain/LFB. It's like the steering axle is made of rubber and car is not receiving all the input from the wheel.

It's hard to judge physic precisely as the steering doesn't feel firmly connected but some cars have the same too understeery/floaty nature as PC2. It's also PC2'ish in the way that some cars seem to have better physics than others.

One thing is that I can't feel understeer in FFB at all. Most of the time you notice understeer only by sound. It's also not very easy to catch slides as the basic feeling of the wheel is so sluggish.

Well, it's still early access so I really hope they will improve the FFB and get the physics to same level on every car.

At this point I'm very glad I didn't go for the early backing which I considered.

Edit: I got rid of the rubberband effect after changing FFB-settings to 50/50/50. Some of the other issues mentioned still exist.
I have a G920 and found initial FFB rather slow reacting at first. I have been reducing the dampening in game and find it greatly increases the wheels, or maybe my reaction time. I like a rather light feel to begin with but with damping around 20 I find I can feel more of the subtleties. I'm still playing around but think I'm at 95-40-40 with the dampening at 20.

Yup, zero and zero on spring and damper here too.
@Esa Ahonen Your "rubberbandy feeling" is coming from having the spring at %100.

You have "allow game to adjust setting" set to on, which is correct. So when the games FFB settings are fighting with your Logitech settings (with it set to %100), it will be an issue. Thats why you want it at %0 in Logitech - adjust ffb in the game.

I don't give a flip whether or not you are using an inferior gamepad to run this sim, but I do care that you are trashing the handling of this sim because you are using an inferior game pad to run this sim!
IF you had read my original comment, you would have read I compared it to AMS,which is perfect, for me me. I added that I am sure Reiza will address all issues. Then went onto to say how well I regarded it (AMS2). So please do not put "words into my mouth", just to suit your paranoia. This is the last word from me regards this topic. If you want to continue, please feel free to do so. Keep safe and enjoy.

I don't give a flip whether or not you are using an inferior gamepad to run this sim, but I do care that you are trashing the handling of this sim because you are using an inferior game pad to run this sim!

IF you had read my original comment, you would have read I compared it to AMS,which is perfect, for me me. I added that I am sure Reiza will address all issues. Then went onto to say how well I regarded it (AMS2). So please do not put "words into my mouth", just to suit your paranoia. This is the last word from me regards this topic. If you want to continue, please feel free to do so. Keep safe and enjoy.

looks like he doesn't care whether you care or not...win/win

Yup, zero and zero on spring and damper here too.
@Esa Ahonen Your "rubberbandy feeling" is coming from having the spring at %100.

You have "allow game to adjust setting" set to on, which is correct. So when the games FFB settings are fighting with your Logitech settings (with it set to %100), it will be an issue. Thats why you want it at %0 in Logitech - adjust ffb in the game.

Are you absolutely sure about this? I didn't notice any difference after changing this. The rubberbandy feeling was fixed with dropping the total amount of FFB.

I've understood that these spring & damper settings are the limits to those effects. Meaning sim can use them or not but if it uses, the maximum amount is controlled by this setting.

It's not like if you put 100% to spring that there will be a 100% spring force all the time. It's that sim is allowed to use 100% of spring force if it wants to. And same with the damper.

Are you absolutely sure about this? I didn't notice any difference after changing this. The rubberbandy feeling was fixed with dropping the total amount of FFB.

I've understood that these spring & damper settings are the limits to those effects. Meaning sim can use them or not but if it uses, the maximum amount is controlled by this setting.

It's not like if you put 100% to spring that there will be a 100% spring force all the time. It's that sim is allowed to use 100% of spring force if it wants to. And same with the damper.

I'm sure. You have something else going on that I don't know. Your taking away the most important feature of the wheel, FFB, to reduce some other underlying issue, that's not a fix.
Did you change any settings of FFB in-game?

I'm sure. You have something else going on that I don't know. Your taking away the most important feature of the wheel, FFB, to reduce some other underlying issue, that's not a fix.
Did you change any settings of FFB in-game?

I meant changing the amount of FFB in-game. Of course I'm not dropping it on the Logitech driver. It wouldn't make any sense :)

I went to 50/50/50 first and that took away the rubberbandy feeling. Then went for 50/60/50 and that's about as good as it gets for me. So it was saturation as the other writer suggested.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 104 70.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 28 19.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 31 21.1%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 30 20.4%