General Recording AI lines - Do I need to record pit line along with fast lane?

Today I attempted AI line recording for the first time. When I went to test my AI line, most of the AI cars couldn't find their way into the track. They attempt joining the track immediately after leaving their pit, ignoring the pit line and crashing with the pit wall. Eventually one car or two manage to get out and drive on the track, but most of them just can't.

Do I need to record a pit line for the pit lane along with a fast lane? Or I'm doing something else wrong? I recall reading that, if there's a pit line by default on a track, recording a new one is optional.

No they are separate. The fast lane you start and the only way to stop is to exit. The pit line you start and you can also stop it and then you exit. To do a proper pit line you start recording in the final turn. You drive through the pits. Then you come back on track until you get to T1 and you stop recording. At that point you exit, rename the candidate and you should be good to go.

Open any kunos track and open the AI app. Take a look at the lines. You will see the different colors and how the pit lines should be setup.

I think I found the reason of my problem. I forgot to turn off the AI recording app, which I had hidden, but running. I chose to hide the app during recording so I could perform a bit better without the distracting lines and window. However, with the app enabled in a session with AI, the cars behaved in a strange way, but I just tried again without it and all the AI cars get out of the pit correctly.

Hi ive got two 'staggerd' pit lanes, 30 pitboxes total. Primary lane is 23 slots with 7 slots running parallel (auxillary).
The first 17 cars of the primary lane exit fine at the top end, and the so do the bottom 7 of the auxillary, but the trailing 6 of the primary seem to want to cross the aux pit garage in the lower pit lane and not on the straight. Everything else is fine...
PitIsue.jpg
The AI Pitline Seems Ok.... Any Idea how i can get this to correct itself?
Cheers ;)
PitLine.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back